Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain's WC and Euros wins obviously makes them major now - but if you're talking past records you can't really say they were.

That's the problem with such a statement. You'll have to go back to every tournament and see who was a major player at the time if you really want to be sure of it.

Could say them for france as well, if it wasn't for that batch of players in the late 90s and early 00s, they weren't really up to much.

So really its

Brazil

Argentina

Germany

Italy

Spain (current bosses)

Outside of that

France

England

Portugal

Holland

Spain's WC and Euros wins obviously makes them major now - but if you're talking past records you can't really say they were.

That's the problem with such a statement. You'll have to go back to every tournament and see who was a major player at the time if you really want to be sure of it.

Aye good point. Even the likes of Soviet Union, Hungary, Czechs, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Sweden, Denmark etc have had tournaments where they were either considered potential winners beforehand or performed at a top level during individual tournaments.  Similarly top teams have had times where they were at an extremely low ebb (Germany in 04 for example).

Could say them for france as well, if it wasn't for that batch of players in the late 90s and early 00s, they weren't really up to much.

So really its

Brazil

Argentina

Germany

Italy

Spain (current bosses)

Outside of that

France

England

Portugal

Holland

Wonder where you'd fit Uruguay into this? 2 World Cups, Olympic champions before WC started, could have won 2 more WCs that they didn't bother going to.

They have never been close to as good since but surely those achievements put them ahead of Portugal?

So really its

Brazil

Argentina

Germany

Italy

Spain (current bosses)

Outside of that

France

England

Portugal

Holland

What about their team in the 80s?

Portugal are really in another bracket down IMO. They haven't had a decent team in living memory have they? Except Ronaldo now.

66 and their recent team with Figo/Rui Costa. Other than that no.

I don't remember the rest of the Figo team that well, were they actually any good? I know those two players you mention were brilliant.

France won the euros in the 80s didnt they, but nothing else until 1998

I think the second tier is defo

England

France

Portugal

Holland

Uraguay

won it in 84 with platini i think.

Brazil, Argentina, Germany & Italy are your core teams who've always been there/thereabouts then the rest IMO.

I would guess they have won more than 75% of World cups like

Interesting move from Löw today. Apparentley, he'll make 4 changes to the side that beat Denmarkd. As expected, Boateng will be back in the side for (goalscoring) Bender. Also, Podolski, Müller and Gomez all will start on the bench, making way for Reus, Schürrle and Klose respectively.