Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proper annoys Ronaldo that he's second best. :lol:

I like him, but it's a bit daft taunting Messi whilst playing in a tournament he can't even be involved in.

He didn't.

Really like that Ronaldo can head the ball well :thup:

Like a badge of honour from having been in the Premiership :aww:

What an absolutely absurd comment.

Not really.

I don't understand what you mean by it at all though. Premier League has more headed goals? We invented headers? He wouldn't be able to head the ball if he played somewhere else?

You've just chosen to infer some meaning beyond what's there with your gigantic anti-Premier League glasses tbh. Unsurprising.

He couldn't head the ball when he got to the league, he left the league a strong player who could head the ball - as the league gave him the opportunity to meet aerial crosses on a pretty consistent basis. There's nothing in what I've said about other leagues not having players who can head the ball.

It's more to do with him improving/adapting his game at one of the world's biggest clubs under the greatest manager of all time, than the league he is playing in. Same reason why his many other attributes have changed and he has improved as a player.

To suggest that the league he played in made him a better header of the ball is just bizarre. There is next to no difference in the amount of headers at any level of football, from park level to the World Cup.

You've just chosen to infer some meaning beyond what's there with your gigantic anti-Premier League glasses tbh. Unsurprising.

He couldn't head the ball when he got to the league, he left the league a strong player who could head the ball - as the league gave him the opportunity to meet aerial crosses on a pretty consistent basis. There's nothing in what I've said about other leagues not having players who can head the ball.

I thought you was taking the piss.  A Premier league badge of honour?  Fucking hell man! :lol:

He's 6'1, strong, has a great leap and great movement, that's why he's one of the best headererers of a ball in the world, not because he used to play in England.

I thought you was taking the p*ss.  A Premier league badge of honour?  f***ing hell man! :lol:

He's 6'1, strong, has a great leap and great movement, that's why he's one of the best headererers of a ball in the world, not because he used to play in England.

Demba Ba is 6'2 and a good leaper, Cameron Jerome is a similar height and also an impressive leaper, so is Nile Ranger. I am 6'5 and a decent leaper. None of the above head the ball as well as Ronaldo. Why is this? Obviously it is to do with technique and ability.

Heading the ball is as much technical skill as it is about leap, size and athleticism.

Klose is a great header of the ball.

Aye, even though I'm rank at heading it still riles me to see professionals closing their eyes on a header

Heading the ball is as much technical skill as it is about leap, size and athleticism.

Klose is a great header of the ball.

Aye, even though I'm rank at heading it still riles me to see professionals closing their eyes on a header

I do that.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I might be pointing out the elephant in the room but Germany, Spain, England are the most likely winners atm. Tbh I hope England get to the final, I have a few english cousins and my favourite football club is english. They can do it, Hodgson has them tough to get past. Lest hope I'm right, right?

I might be pointing out the elephant in the room but Germany, Spain, England are the most likely winners atm. Tbh I hope England get to the final, I have a few english cousins and my favourite football club is english. They can do it, Hodgson has them tough to get past. Lest hope I'm right, right?

I reckon if England reach the final, they will win it.

Guest Roger Kint

just heard on BBc England have never beaten a major footballing nation in tournament finals :lol:  is this true.  think he meant Italy Germany spain,

Maybe not in the Euros if thats what they mean, we have a pretty awful record in them so wouldnt surprise me.