Dogawful Officiating: PL to keep VAR next season (official)

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I don't think I've heard anything so fucking stupid.  Before VAR refereeing mistakes were made  I remember one liverpool got against Southampton when Lallana was about 2 yards off, he crossed and they scored.  Should that be replayed, it was an obvious officiating error that led to a goal that altered the game?

He is such a fucking tit

31 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ridiculous suggestions like replaying games were probably inevitable and dare I say are absolutely necessary if VAR is going to stop being a mess. Push beyond what you want to get what you want. Yeah it's funny for the people who despise Liverpool, but it's a universal problem and there would 100% be the same sort of reaction on here if it had happened to us, there just wouldn't be as much of a spotlight on it. 

It has happened to us though, and I dont think anyone asked for the game to be replayed. 

21 minutes ago, Nobody said:

It has happened to us though, and I dont think anyone asked for the game to be replayed. 

This specific situation, where the correct decision was incorrectly communicated, hasn't happened to us. At least not knowingly anyway. 

I'm sure someone will have suggested replaying matches and obviously it's ridiculous, but we all know the reaction on here would be one of absolute disgust like, and it has been plenty of times. After Palace, Liverpool, and (until the positive result took the edge off it) Forest away.

Point being, this isn't a Liverpool hysteria problem, we all don't like VAR in its current format.

Edited by Kid Icarus

If they replay that match then we all may as well just give the fuck up, currently a goal is scored and we now often have to wait seconds/minutes before we know if it is going to stand as a goal.

That's one thing, but this is like - I get on the bus to go home and still don't know if the result in the game I just attended will stand.

Utterly ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This specific situation, where the correct decision was incorrectly communicated, hasn't happened to us. At least not knowingly anyway. 

I'm sure someone will have suggested replaying matches and obviously it's ridiculous, but we all know the reaction on here would be one of absolute disgust like, and it has been plenty of times. After Palace, Liverpool, and (until the positive result took the edge off it) Forest away.

Point being, this isn't a Liverpool hysteria problem, we all don't like VAR in its current format.

Yes and no. I genuinely don’t see any other club releasing the statement they did. Even Arsenal.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Well no obviously not such a specific problem, but that really doesn't matter like :lol:

I would say our penalty being given a free kick to the opposition due to encroachment in the Championship is a much worse offence than this for example :lol: But we've had excuses from VAR as well and I don't think it's any worse that the on field decision sticks, even though VAR has seen that it should have been changed, than the on field decision being changed because VAR is there erroneously saying there's been a foul.

This has been blown way out of proportion because of the size of the game, it being Liverpool and the two red cards IMO. 

And yes, of course people on here in the heat of the game might say something daft like the game should be replayed, quite a big difference to a manager saying it three days later. 

I do actually agree with the part where he says it does seem unprecedented.  Has there ever been such a black and white decision like this, that has 100% proven to be the wrong call due to an error that was then later admitted and played out in public.  Highlighting how incompetent the officials on the day were.  Unlike other marginal calls that are impossible to prove 100% because of the stupid way VAR is used, or a foul for a goal etc, that could be deemed subjective.  This feels different.  

However, this would set a ridiculous precedent and no way should the game get replayed. 

It feels like this could be the straw that broke the camel's back, mind.  As there have been no end of horrendous calls with VAR being used incorrectly and apologies being issued.  It has only been getting worse and all.  So if this drives a massive change to the complete shitshow that is VAR in the Premier League.  Then good news all round. 

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Klopp and Liverpool aren’t doing this to get a replay, they are doing it to intimidate the officials so no decisions go against them in future games. They are a proper loathsome club.

Aye probably true - either way Klopp is an utter c*nt.

30 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Well no obviously not such a specific problem, but that really doesn't matter like :lol:

I would say our penalty being given a free kick to the opposition due to encroachment in the Championship is a much worse offence than this for example :lol: But we've had excuses from VAR as well and I don't think it's any worse that the on field decision sticks, even though VAR has seen that it should have been changed, than the on field decision being changed because VAR is there erroneously saying there's been a foul.

This has been blown way out of proportion because of the size of the game, it being Liverpool and the two red cards IMO. 

And yes, of course people on here in the heat of the game might say something daft like the game should be replayed, quite a big difference to a manager saying it three days later. 

I think it does matter. There's a difference between a 'wrong', often subjective decision being made and a correct decision that's, objective and factual not being communicated properly, then the laws of the game prohibiting officials from doing anything about it once the opposition kick off. I do think that is unprecedented, at least of those that we know about. It's got so bad that even the correct VAR decisions aren't safe from itself and its bureaucracy.

Our Championship pen was terrible, but these examples shouldn't be in competition with each other, they should be combined to make the point that standards aren't good enough. It just seems daft to be making a 'boo hoo, everyone's been fucked by VAR' point rather than a 'yeah you're right, everyone's been fucked by VAR' one imo. Not to mention that Championship deicsion was pre-VAR and one of the many examples of why there was a clamour for it in the first place. 

I think it's proportionate tbh, what happened was completely unacceptable. The fact it's Liverpool has put more of a spotlight on it than say Brighton vs Spurs last year, but that's good as far as I'm concerned. For one it's about time they were affected by it, and secondly maybe we need for the media darlings to get fucked over in order for things to improve for everyone at an accelerated rate.

I mean Klopp's a dick and a lot of people have a hard on for hating Liverpool, which is fair enough, I'm no different when it comes to Man United, but I do generally believe that for the most part football fans are very similar and should stick together on things that affect the game and us all as a whole like this. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Liverpool know it won't be replayed, but through the threatening statement and now Klopp's words, they're trying to put maximum pressure on officials. The nickname LiVARpool hasn't come about for no reason. They're stunned it's now them on the end of a joke decision and useless apology. 

Pressuring officials is what Klopp does relentlessly. They'll get the benefit of the doubt on a string of 50/50s now, as they usually do. Fabinho could commit about 6 yellow card fouls and even a red and still be on the pitch and it made it difficult to counter them. 

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think it does matter. There's a difference between a 'wrong', often subjective decision being made and a correct decision that's, objective and factual not being communicated properly, then the laws of the game prohibiting officials from doing anything about it once the opposition kick off. I do think that is unprecedented, at least of those that we know about. It's got so bad that even the correct VAR decisions aren't safe from itself and its bureaucracy.

Our Championship pen was terrible, but these examples shouldn't be in competition with each other, they should be combined to make the point that standards aren't good enough. It just seems daft to be making a 'boo hoo, everyone's been fucked by VAR' point rather than a 'yeah you're right, everyone's been fucked by VAR' one imo. Not to mention that Championship deicsion was pre-VAR and one of the many examples of why there was a clamour for it in the first place. 

I think it's proportionate tbh, what happened was completely unacceptable. The fact it's Liverpool has put more of a spotlight on it than say Brighton vs Spurs last year, but that's good as far as I'm concerned. For one it's about time they were affected by it, and secondly maybe we need for the media darlings to get fucked over in order for things to improve for everyone at an accelerated rate.

I mean Klopp's a dick and a lot of people have a hard on for hating Liverpool, which is fair enough, I'm no different when it comes to Man United, but I do generally believe that for the most part football fans are very similar and should stick together on things that affect the game and us all as a whole like this. 

Bournemouth were relegated after a fuckup with goalline tech that VAR failed to correct. They also got a pointless apology and threatened legal action but it was Bournemouth so no one cared and it was quickly forgotten. 

3 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

Bournemouth were relegated after a fuckup with goalline tech that VAR failed to correct. They also got a pointless apology and threatened legal action but it was Bournemouth so no one cared and it was quickly forgotten. 

Exactly.

White teeth, bringing Liverpool into disrepute ? , lost all cred, talkshite will be full of it in the morning and if we beat PSG that result would chucked in the bin, so Jim White can spout his nonsense re Klopp to be controversial knacker that he is.

30 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

This was far worse for me mind, fair enough the goal line conked out but fucking hell the keeper actually pushed the ball onto the back of his post for a few seconds [emoji38]

This was an unpresidented mistake and some changes are needed, particulalry in the communication of decisions but fucking hell Klopp is taking the absolute piss now.

The reaction to this has been way over the top imo.  Mistakes happen, it's Howard Webb who was brought in to fix this stuff is the one who should be getting the blame as it's him who put in the procedures and processes for this.

Edited by El Prontonise

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I do actually agree with the part where he says it does seem unprecedented.  Has there ever been such a black and white decision like this, that has 100% proven to be the wrong call due to an error that was then later admitted and played out in public.  Highlighting how incompetent the officials on the day were.  Unlike other marginal calls that are impossible to prove 100% because of the stupid way VAR is used, or a foul for a goal etc, that could be deemed subjective.  This feels different..

The Romero hair-pulling incident was black and white and they basically confessed that they didn’t want to embarrass the ref. Arguably more problematic. Replay that.

Liverpool shouldn't get any replay. They've had many a decision go their way and so have a lot of the bigger clubs.

What should happen is massive lessons are to be learned from this and basically it should be a last chance saloon for any officials that do this monumental phook up.

A simple answer to this is to simply verify any decision made.

Is it offside? 

No.

So it's a goal.

Yes.

Just to clarify, I give the goal ?

Yes.

Until that happens there should be no ball in play until it's sorted, whether it takes 1 minute or 5 minutes.

I know it can hamper a game but let's face it, it's better to get it right and not be potentially costly to a club than to allow this silliness to carry on with more and more later excuses being made.

VAR is an excellent tool and so is a decent hammer, but if the work people keep bending the nails and blame the hammer then you find someone who can hammer the nail home.

I do go all the way around to get to a certain point. :lol:

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Someone else made the point a couple of days ago, the call was obviously a terrible one, but we've had crap VAR decisions for 12 months now. I don't remember this much hysteria over those previous ones. The poster predicted it would turn out like this as well. Most other clubs, the manager has a whinge, you might get a muted apology and that would be it forgotten about for another week. With Liverpool it's dominated the back page headlines for days, and probably will until the next round of matches.

10 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

The reaction to this has been way over the top imo.  Mistakes happen, it's Howard Webb who was brought in to fix this stuff is the one who should be getting the blame as it's him who put in the procedures and processes for this.

If its true that just saying «check complete» is part of the procedure, then i agree that the guys higher up deserves to share alot of the blame.