Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

If we give Shola another contract at the end of the year and don't even attempt to renew Hatem's I think I'll just give up.

On life.

On everything.

Think the time for hatems contract to be sorted has been and gone. Been fairly certain he's leaving in the summer for a while.  Because of this clueless cunt of a manager.

If any new manager came in after the next game, you just know that first thing on their agenda would be signing an extension with Hatem. Any manager. Maybe it would be a ploy to get the fans on side, or maybe he'd consider it a strength to have such a talent in the team.

Pardew is a plank.

If we give Shola another contract at the end of the year and don't even attempt to renew Hatem's I think I'll just give up.

On life.

On everything.

The last few contracts Shola's got has pissed me off. I can see him getting another year extension as well.

Why does anyone think Shola is going to get another contract? Don't forget Mike Ashley has to pay the wages and he will see that Shola doesn't play and when he has played he hasn't been good. Shola hasn't scored for over a season. Graham Carr will probably also have a say and I can't imagine he rates Shola. Pardew doesn't get to make the final transfer decisions so I don't see why he'd be allowed to keep Shola (not that he even wants to seeing as he isn't playing him). Also, I'm sure Pardew would also want a better striker to play than Shola. Even Pardew isn't playing Shola now.

Why does anyone think Shola is going to get another contract? Don't forget Mike Ashley has to pay the wages and he will see that Shola doesn't play and when he has played he hasn't been good. Shola hasn't scored for over a season. Graham Carr will probably also have a say and I can't imagine he rates Shola. Pardew doesn't get to make the final transfer decisions so I don't see why he'd be allowed to keep Shola (not that he even wants to seeing as he isn't playing him). Also, I'm sure Pardew would also want a better striker to play than Shola. Even Pardew isn't playing Shola now.

Reason and logic doesn't come into it, man. Honestly-nothing would surprise me under this lot.

This is the best time as any so far for him to be moved on, but with De Jong not yet permanent, Remy highly likely to leave and Cisse being so shit he should leave, I can't see Ashley really sanctioning the signing of 3 or 4 first team strikers. Can see the "1 more year for Shola" being the cheap option which they will take. Really hope not like, I don't want Shola here anymore.

Well he got the current contract extension despite being useless so people's fears are justified

This is the best time as any so far for him to be moved on, but with De Jong not yet permanent, Remy highly likely to leave and Cisse being so s*** he should leave, I can't see Ashley really sanctioning the signing of 3 or 4 first team strikers. Can see the "1 more year for Shola" being the cheap option which they will take. Really hope not like, I don't want Shola here anymore.

That is why on paper Gomis would seem to be a good fit, especially from Mike Ashley's "value for money" approach. Gomis would be a "free" transfer (excluding signing on fee and agent fees). Gomis will no doubt want more wages than Shola but Gomis is around 3 years younger and has scored more goals this season than Shola has for years.

Carlton Cole would have been better than Shola. No matter how low Ashley aims his sights it wouldn't be difficult to replace Shola with a better player.

Well he got the current contract extension despite being useless so people's fears are justified

Shola is even more useless now than he was 3 years ago. 3 years ago he scored the occasional goal.

This is the best time as any so far for him to be moved on, but with De Jong not yet permanent, Remy highly likely to leave and Cisse being so s*** he should leave, I can't see Ashley really sanctioning the signing of 3 or 4 first team strikers. Can see the "1 more year for Shola" being the cheap option which they will take. Really hope not like, I don't want Shola here anymore.

That is why on paper Gomis would seem to be a good fit, especially from Mike Ashley's "value for money" approach. Gomis would be a "free" transfer (excluding signing on fee and agent fees). Gomis will no doubt want more wages than Shola but Gomis is around 3 years younger and has scored more goals this season than Shola has for years.

Carlton Cole would have been better than Shola. No matter how low Ashley aims his sights it wouldn't be difficult to replace Shola with a better player.

Shola is even more useless now than he was 3 years ago. 3 years ago he scored the occasional goal.

Makes no odd since the manager picks him for games and praises him

Giving Shola a contract extension is the cheap and easy thing to do which is why everyone is worried it will happen

The alternative is we sign both Remy and De Jong on permanent and still sign another striker, you really think we will sign 3 strikers?

Makes no odd since the manager picks him for games and praises him

Giving Shola a contract extension is the cheap and easy thing to do which is why everyone is worried it will happen

The alternative is we sign both Remy and De Jong on permanent and still sign another striker, you really think we will sign 3 strikers?

Pardew has stopped playing Shola. Even if Pardew wanted to keep Shola (which I don't believe he does as he will want a better striker to call on), Pardew wanted to keep Perch but Perch was sold. Shola does not do a job any more. It doesn't matter how cheap he is, the fact that he is unfit for purpose means there is no sense in keeping him. People are just looking for something else to worry about. There is plenty to worry about before worrying that Shola will get a new contract when the club has made no indication that they will give him a new contract.

Pardew has stopped playing Shola. Even if Pardew wanted to keep Shola (which I don't believe he does as he will want a better striker to call on), Pardew wanted to keep Perch but Perch was sold. Shola does not do a job any more. It doesn't matter how cheap he is, the fact that he is unfit for purpose means there is no sense in keeping him. People are just looking for something else to worry about. There is plenty to worry about before worrying that Shola will get a new contract when the club has made no indication that they will give him a new contract.

I'm with you on this one, I can't see Shola being at the club next season.

Guest tollemache

Hmm in fairness our best run of form this season was when we dropped him and started making everyone work harder without the ball. Just before that though, we played him as a withdrawn striker in a 4-3-3 v Liverpool and I thought he did ok. We played really well too.