Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Suggesting the only alternative to the current scenario is going out and spending £200m in an attempt to win the league probably doesn't help your case.

Did I say that?

Yeah.

Anyway I've changed my mind. What I've just decided I want is for us to spend big - £200m say. Doesn't matter what the consequences are, I just want us to spend absolutely all of the money we can possibly get our hands on, on a drive to get into the top 4 over the next couple of years. I want the Cabaye money spent IMMEDIATELY on a playmaker for at least £15m or I'm going to be absolutely livid.

Suggesting the only alternative to the current scenario is going out and spending £200m in an attempt to win the league probably doesn't help your case.

Did I say that?

You disagreed with a post and then suggested that the alternative way of thinking was to spend £200m.

They seem to believe a change of owner and a with few better players that he'll suddenly do better, he wont and will eventually takes us downward.

Who on here would keep him if a new owner came in? Name and shame please...

I don't see why this owner should be allowed to get away with hiring an incompetent. This is Newcastle United not Plymouth.

Guest tollemache

I facetiously said, "wait, I've changed my mind, let's just spunk money everywhere". I was just exasperated at trying at great length to suggest we should be really careful and that making a profit etc weren't necessarily bad things to do. It was a pretty sarcastic paragraph. Sorry if you thought I was literally suggesting the only possible avenues of attack were spending nothing or spending £200m but I thought I was quite obvious.

Guest bimpy474

One of the main problems as Dave pointed out yesterday. While we all want Ashley out, there's no acceptance that another manager could come in and do a better job under Ashley's constraints from Brett and others.

It is just ridiculous to rule out that someone else could come in and do the job.

Guest tollemache

Find me the post where I mentioned Leeds or Portsmouth please?

And the post where I said I'd keep Pardew if a new owner came in.

Cheers

You dont need to say for it to come across, it's just my opinion where i'm reading between the lines. And the Portsmouth/Leeds thing is just a joke on here, emerging as it did from one of Pardew's utterly ridiculous bullshit comments. A joke, just an unfunny one among many from that tosspot.

No, I DO need to say it for it to come across, thanks. People "reading between the lines" is giving me a bit of a problem on here. I say something that slightly deviates from the hardcore anti-Ashley, anti-Pardew consensus on here and people "read between the lines", ascribing some kind of radical pro-Ashley /Pardew agenda to me. Could you fucking stop doing it please, and respond to things I actually write? Nice one.

I am reading your posts and that's my opinion of them. So i cant possibly fucking stop doing it tbh. Sorry if you dont like that but like i said, it's just my opinion.

Whatever. Makes it impossible to discuss anything though, if someone is going to pretend you're saying things you aren't. If you want to argue with a pro-Ashley zealot, go and find one rather than projecting one onto me.

Guest bimpy474

Find me the post where I mentioned Leeds or Portsmouth please?

And the post where I said I'd keep Pardew if a new owner came in.

Cheers

You dont need to say for it to come across, it's just my opinion where i'm reading between the lines. And the Portsmouth/Leeds thing is just a joke on here, emerging as it did from one of Pardew's utterly ridiculous bullshit comments. A joke, just an unfunny one among many from that tosspot.

No, I DO need to say it for it to come across, thanks. People "reading between the lines" is giving me a bit of a problem on here. I say something that slightly deviates from the hardcore anti-Ashley, anti-Pardew consensus on here and people "read between the lines", ascribing some kind of radical pro-Ashley /Pardew agenda to me. Could you fucking stop doing it please, and respond to things I actually write? Nice one.

I am reading your posts and that's my opinion of them. So i cant possibly fucking stop doing it tbh. Sorry if you dont like that but like i said, it's just my opinion.

Whatever. Makes it impossible to discuss anything though, if someone is going to pretend you're saying things you aren't. If you want to argue with a pro-Ashley zealot, go and find one rather than projecting one onto me.

Ok then.

They seem to believe a change of owner and a with few better players that he'll suddenly do better, he wont and will eventually takes us downward.

Who on here would keep him if a new owner came in? Name and shame please...

I don't see why this owner should be allowed to get away with hiring an incompetent. This is Newcastle United not Plymouth.

He shouldn't, but people keep just keep forgiving him and ask him to try again. Just more and more embarrassment every time he's asked to do one fucking easy job. Get a manager in on a respectable wage who wants to play football. It really isn't as hard as MA makes it. For whatever reason though, he fails time and time again and produces a media circus act around us when the appointment is announced.

I facetiously said, "wait, I've changed my mind, let's just spunk money everywhere". I was just exasperated at trying at great length to suggest we should be really careful and that making a profit etc weren't necessarily bad things to do. It was a pretty sarcastic paragraph. Sorry if you thought I was literally suggesting the only possible avenues of attack were spending nothing or spending £200m but I thought I was quite obvious.

It's actually the lack of a grey area that infuriates those arguing with Ashley apologists, of which you're most certainly one. Moderate investment please. Never happens. Always pinching pennies to ridiculous degrees at the detriment of the squad.

Guest tollemache

But I'm arguing for moderation, I just draw the line in a different place to you. If expressing a level of disapproval short of "He's a cunt under whose stewardship the team will crash and burn" is being an apologist then I suppose I am one, but I'm not on a mission to get everyone to like him. I just don't hate his transfer policy the way you do (yet - who knows).

One of the main problems as Dave pointed out yesterday. While we all want Ashley out, there's no acceptance that another manager could come in and do a better job under Ashley's constraints from Brett and others.

It is just ridiculous to rule out that someone else could come in and do the job.

I've said it doesn't matter who he gets, he could get another lower league manager or he could get Guss Hiddink, it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference to our league position. We still wouldn't be top 6 and we still wouldn't get relegated. Results wouldn't be as erratic and the football would be more consistent but on the grand scale of things, Ashley will still have us by the balls restricting this clubs progress, not the new maanger in charge.

When we broke the world record transfer fee for Shearer did you think "Champion we can play him for a season and then make a hefty profit"

Guest tollemache

No transfer activity whatsoever isn't moderation in any sense man, I'd be surprised if you were keeping a straight face.

The best way I've summed up my position so far maybe, has been to post those lineups from September of the last 3 seasons in the AP thread. In each case, our squad has been discernibly stronger, i.e; we have, in some way or another, improved our personnel each year, whether the improvements have come in January or whatever. If by this September that hasn't happened again, and the 'how strong is our squad?' graph has levelled off or gone downhill, then I'll want to know why. I'm not interested in what we have or haven't done in the last X windows- are the players on the pitch at the start of each season better than they were at the start of the season before? The answer in the last few years has been 'yes'.

I fully expect some action over the summer. If it doesn't happen I'll be as pissed off as you. Well, nearly. You seem to get very pissed off.

But I'm arguing for moderation, I just draw the line in a different place to you. If expressing a level of disapproval short of "He's a cunt under whose stewardship the team will crash and burn" is being an apologist then I suppose I am one, but I'm not on a mission to get everyone to like him. I just don't hate his transfer policy the way you do (yet - who knows).

We won't have signed a permanent first team player in 18 months whilst letting numerous players leave.  That's to moderation as aneroxia is to weight watchers.

Guest tollemache

We won't have signed a permanent first team player in 18 months whilst letting numerous players leave.  That's to moderation as aneroxia is to weight watchers.

I don't care if they're permanent or not. Loan players still play for your team. If we signed the entire Spain side on loan we'd improve.

Obviously it's better to make permanent signings but to completely disregard loans for the sake of a factoid isn't on.

No transfer activity whatsoever isn't moderation in any sense man, I'd be surprised if you were keeping a straight face.

The best way I've summed up my position so far maybe, has been to post those lineups from September of the last 3 seasons in the AP thread. In each case, our squad has been discernibly stronger, i.e; we have, in some way or another, improved our personnel each year, whether the improvements have come in January or whatever. If by this September that hasn't happened again, and the 'how strong is our squad?' graph has levelled off or gone downhill, then I'll want to know why. I'm not interested in what we have or haven't done in the last X windows- are the players on the pitch at the start of each season better than they were at the start of the season before? The answer in the last few years has been 'yes'.

I fully expect some action over the summer. If it doesn't happen I'll be as p*ssed off as you. Well, nearly. You seem to get very p*ssed off.

Let's not speculate about what might or might not happen in the Summer. Look at the here and now - it's shite and you know it.

Also, your argument is absolutely invalid as the clubs in and around us have improved considerably in the same time frame whilst we lag behind. Finally, it's been a natural improvement due to the fact we were only promoted again in 09/10 season.

But I'm arguing for moderation, I just draw the line in a different place to you. If expressing a level of disapproval short of "He's a c*** under whose stewardship the team will crash and burn" is being an apologist then I suppose I am one, but I'm not on a mission to get everyone to like him. I just don't hate his transfer policy the way you do (yet - who knows).

I don't care if they're permanent or not. Loan players still play for your team. If we signed the entire Spain side on loan we'd improve.

Obviously it's better to make permanent signings but to completely disregard loans for the sake of a factoid isn't on.

I thought you were all about the long term plan? Loans are shit for the longevity you crave.

I thought we were looking for long term improvement, slowly slowly catchy monkey kind of thing?  Short term band aids that need to be replaced and simply add to your squad problems when they leave doesn't seem to match that model.