The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

We don't even exist. :yao:

What?

On Sky they were talking about the teams chasing that fourth spot - including whether or not Liverpool could get it or not - and basically saying it was going to be a three way battle for the European spots. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I still expect us to fall away at some point but it's a bit of a joke to not even acknowledge where we are with 22 games gone.

Meh, to be expected tbh.

What?

On Sky they were talking about the teams chasing that fourth spot - including whether or not Liverpool could get it or not - and basically saying it was going to be a three way battle for the European spots. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I still expect us to fall away at some point but it's a bit of a joke to not even acknowledge where we are with 22 games gone.

Meh, to be expected tbh.

Agree with all that.

What?

Meh, to be expected tbh.

It's becoming a bit ridiculous.

Like yourself I also expect us to fall away, but so far after 22 games we are still there alongside Arsenal and ahead of Liverpool. Plus as things stand we're the only side from this pack that looks set to come out of the transfer window with a stronger squad than we've had for the first half of the season.

We don't fit into their template at the minute, unfortunately. I don't mind it too much though, it's just nice to see us up there when they show the top six (or top seven as they have to at the moment). I like being the scrappy little fighter flying under the radar, though, makes us more dangerous if anything.

We all know we're performing above expectations at the moment anyway, but as Sewelly says we're currently looking stronger than we did before January and that may improve further still by the time the window closes. We just need to plod through until after the ACN and then have a real fucking go with the boys back.

Swedish pundits included us in the battle to catch a Champions League place :snod:

I think that's stretching it a little, but I honestly don't see why 6th would not be a real possibility.. As I said earlier, Liverpool and Arsenal are nothing special and I can see both sets of fans getting on the managers' and teams' back, which could work in our favour too..

I don't expect us to drop away at all, if anything I think we will get better. We're currently 6th with 2 of our main players to come back from the ACN so when they do get back it will give us a boost, and Cisse will have something to prove at his new club, so I suspect he will score goals, I think we're right in the race for 4th.

Ultimately we'll continue to be in that race as long as the so-called bigger clubs around us continue to fuck up (as they have all season). Can't blame us for that, and it's by no means 'deluded' until they leave us behind.

What?

Meh, to be expected tbh.

It's getting embarrassing on their part. It appears both Sky and ESPN have invested in this idea of the unbreakable top six, very similar to the way they did with 'big four' a couple of seasons back. Fair enough we've only just crossed the half way mark and we may well fall away, but to ignore us like we're some form of black sheep is pathetic. They simply won't accept someone is mixing it with the big boys no matter how average or flawed some of those teams are.

Fuck them, long may we continue proving them wrong.

I don't expect us to drop away at all, if anything I think we will get better. We're currently 6th with 2 of our main players to come back from the ACN so when they do get back it will give us a boost, and Cisse will have something to prove at his new club, so I suspect he will score goals, I think we're right in the race for 4th.

I agree, we're level with Arsenal, ahead of Liverpool and only 5 points behind Chelsea, if we can get through these next games without Ba, Tiote and Cisse we have a good chance of getting 4th.

What?

Meh, to be expected tbh.

If Ba, Tiote and Cisse come back fit we'll finish above Liverpool like.

Sky need to package something like that so that they can try to deliver some sort of compelling rhetoric. It can't just be good teams and appreciating them for what they are, or indeed what they aren't - it's the TOP 2, 4, 6, 7, whatever you want to use. They're portraying certain clubs as being in the "power positions" for lack of a better term, so that when someone comes along - Spurs, now perhaps Newcastle to a lesser extent - they can report on how dramatic it is that someone is penetrating the group of teams they've built up as being too good to be caught. It's an endless cycle.

They're very clingy to the idea of there being an elite, and it's pretty disgusting if you ask me.

I don't know why they don't acknowledge us much actually.

The media love a good 'team tipped for bottom half punching above their weight with the big boys' story. :dontknow:

We got it a lot when we finished 4th (ha! remember when that happened?). Couldn't wait for us to fall off the pace.