The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Roy Keane admiring how aggressive the Sunderland pitch has been so far, managing almost cripple 3 players within 45 minutes.

This really is the poorest Arsenal side I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Premier League is nothing compared to what it was 10 years ago like. Nothing to back that up with, just the way I see it. Rest of the league isn't getting 'better', rather the 'top teams' have stumbled and in some cases regressed.

The Man United/Arsenal teams of ten years ago would absolutely wipe the floor with anyone in the league at the moment, it would be embarrassing to watch tbh.

Totally agree with you Wullie.

I would like to add my weight to this too. Vieira would slaughter this league.

Him at his peak up against Yaya Toure would be some contest like.

Keane v Toure v Vieira would have been some amazing contests +Peak form Essien.

Peak for Essien doesn't come close. Simply because he's never been used right since he's been at Chelsea.

Think he's a class player, but due to his versatility he's never really had a crack at playing the box-to-box role that he did at Lyon.

Reading an article the other day on some website, I saw an article laughing about the description of Scott Parker as world class - a phrase which was historically reserved of a player who was befitting of a place in a 22-man world squad.

Can't imagine the Premiership would be well represented any more. Starting a thread to determine such a squad wouldn't be worth the haughtiness/derision/arguments/in-fighting on the forum which it would inevitably bring, mind you :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This really is the poorest Arsenal side I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Premier League is nothing compared to what it was 10 years ago like. Nothing to back that up with, just the way I see it. Rest of the league isn't getting 'better', rather the 'top teams' have stumbled and in some cases regressed.

The Man United/Arsenal teams of ten years ago would absolutely wipe the floor with anyone in the league at the moment, it would be embarrassing to watch tbh.

Totally agree with you Wullie.

I would like to add my weight to this too. Vieira would slaughter this league.

Him at his peak up against Yaya Toure would be some contest like.

Keane v Toure v Vieira would have been some amazing contests +Peak form Essien.

Peak for Essien doesn't come close. Simply because he's never been used right since he's been at Chelsea.

Think he's a class player, but due to his versatility he's never really had a crack at playing the box-to-box role that he did at Lyon.

Reading an article the other day on some website, I saw an article laughing about the description of Scott Parker as world class - a phrase which was historically reserved of a player who was befitting of a place in a 22-man world squad.

Can't imagine the Premiership would be well represented any more. Starting a thread to determine such a squad wouldn't be worth the haughtiness/derision/arguments/in-fighting on the forum which it would inevitably bring, mind you :lol:

Like Man U's CM at the moment is Giggs, Scholes and Carrick. Its not because they're world class, its because there's no-one affordable who's better. Agree the 'emergence' of Scott Parker is a fair indication of what passes as quality within the Premiership at the moment. Not sure his game has developed much since he was with us, and I think he's a decent hardworking player, but nowhere near the levels of hype and recognition he's received over the last 3 years.

I still don't understand how footballers can blow snot out of their noses so easily.

Oh my word, this. I think it's the main prerequisite talent for going pro. I've never seen a non-pro do it without the snot bungeeing and nestling onto their upper lip area. Pros do it with such clean discharge.