Samuel - 33

Chivu - 31

Stankovic - 33

Sneijder - 27

Cambiasso - 31

Zarate - 24

Forlan - 32

Surely the oldest team in Europe.

Oldest ever in the Champions League. Average age is close to 32. They're going all Milan in their team building.

Fitness science these days means if players are careful most can play till 35 in most positions.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/22/stoke-city-tony-pulis-valencia

Jesus.

Pulis should leave Stoke soon as, will only be downhill from here.

What a silly cunt. :lol:  I could almost understand if they'd been thrashed 5-0 or something, but they're a goal down for fuck sake. The sooner Pulis and Stoke disappear into lower league obscurity the better.

Seriously, he's 1-0 down against one of the big teams in Europe, they are going to one of the best stadiums in Europe in what I can only assume is a canny city, how fucking disrespectful is that? I'd be livid if I was a Stoke fan (and not just because I was a Stoke fan).

Guest neesy111

Bet the 3,500 neanderthals will be happy at spending hundreds to watch the stiffs.

Didn't he say to that stoke fan (who can) save up especially for this trip.  What a clown.

Oh dear Pulis.

This is either

a) a rather cynical analysis of the quality of his own players in that he's given up hope at just 1-0 down (albeit to an infinitely superior side to Stoke), or:

b) he's completely deluded and seriously think his 2nd string can turn the deficit over. Your first team is brimmed full of footballing horror shows, Tony, let alone the 2nd string.

Either way, a depressing decision. I'm sure those who've paid hundreds of pounds of their own money to go out there will be delighted to see how he's treating one of the biggest games in their modern history.

Seriously, he's 1-0 down against one of the big teams in Europe, they are going to one of the best stadiums in Europe in what I can only assume is a canny city, how f***ing disrespectful is that? I'd be livid if I was a Stoke fan (and not just because I was a Stoke fan).

Partying in Valencia is great, not a bad night out in any means. If it's probably going to be their last away game in Europe for a while, it can be worth the trip.

Still surprised he isn't giving it a good go. But hey, Delap is in the squad.