NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Prefer Douglas tbh. Vertonghen is similar to  Colo: An offensive defender who's solid with the ball. What we really need is a defender that compensates for Colo's weakness and imo Douglas is more suitable in that respect. He's quick, good in the air and superior in 1 vs 1 situations. And due to his contract situation he'll be much cheaper than Vertonghen.

Prefer Douglas tbh. Vertonghen is similar to  Colo: An offensive defender who's solid with the ball. What we really need is a defender that compensates for Colo's weakness and imo Douglas is more suitable in that respect. He's quick, good in the air and superior in 1 vs 1 situations. And due to his contract situation he'll be much cheaper than Vertonghen.

When it gets down to the nitty gritty this is where we are at.

Unless Abeid is going to make the step up next season I would like us to look for another defensive midfielder, who can cover for tiote or partner him in a 4-2-3-1 while still allowing Cabaye to play further up in games we need to be ultra defensive. Is Diame from Wigan good enough? Think he's available

Vurnon Anita from Ajax linked in today's Chron, but only as a potential replacement should Tiote leave...

Anita is nothing like Tiote.. :lol:

:lol: Someone needs to let the lads at the Chronicle know, quickly!

NEWCASTLE have earmarked Ajax star Vurnon Anita as a ready-made replacement should Cheick Tiote leave United this summer, according to sources in Holland.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/05/19/newcastle-united-keep-tabs-on-ajax-s-vurnon-anita-72703-31001280/?#ixzz1vJ8ocZ4O

Unless Abeid is going to make the step up next season I would like us to look for another defensive midfielder, who can cover for tiote or partner him in a 4-2-3-1 while still allowing Cabaye to play further up in games we need to be ultra defensive. Is Diame from Wigan good enough? Think he's available

Abeid isn't a defensive midfielder if that's what you are implying.

Diame is on a free I think

He is aye and I hope we sign him.

Daily Mail froma  couple of days ago had Man Utd backing away from signing him as he has a heart condition.  He's 24 btw.  HAd he been on the bench for some of Wigan's run in?

Good signing if true!

Can't see who ekse the Cabaye friend link could be though?

Unless it is Hazard :)))

Shame it's not Hazard.....can you imagine Benny and Hazard in same team  :drool:

Surely Ashley has Carrolls £35mil burning a hole in his pocket  :whistle:

i was under the impression Abeid was considered tiote's long term replacement, ooops

Pardew seems to think he is.... maybe he will be are more positional sense and intercepting DM rather than an aggressive bulldoze everything out the way DM like Tiote....

I suppose in Europe Tiote may be more card happy than he is atm, a defter touch player may be preferential. That said always need a player willing to do the dirty work, and although Cabaye is happy to I'd rather he didn't need to. That said a DM who's more of a deeper playmaker would be nice, think Pards saw Cabaye as that for most season but considering his performance against Stoke in the attacking playmaker role reckon that's his long term position.

People assume we'll play some youngsters in Europe but if we get to the groups and are seeded 3rd/4th, we can't play them against the massive teams and we'd have to beat the small ones. I worry that our squad won't be big enough to cope.

can't afford to play the first team every game though, the trick will be we need to be tight at the back no matter the squad out, so that if we're struggling to get goals against a minnow we can bring on the big guns in the second half without tiring them out too much.

Daily Mail froma  couple of days ago had Man Utd backing away from signing him as he has a heart condition.  He's 24 btw.  HAd he been on the bench for some of Wigan's run in?

Yeah, they were using him as an impact sub for their run-in.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, they were using him as an impact sub for their run-in.

And to do with the fact that when they switched to 3-4-3, McArthur and McCarthy were the two choices in central midfielder due to their workrates and discipline.

People might think we are convered there but for me that is the most important position we need to strength. No 1 pos for me.

People might think we are convered there but for me that is the most important position we need to strength. No 1 pos for me.

I agree. We don't have a direct replacement for Tiote when he is injured or suspended.

eh?  only way that works is if we sign an 18 year old prospect who has potential and probably the size of a wardrobe...either that or sign someone established and accept that you'll be playing him with tiote whenever they're both fit...the lad at blackburn perhaps, diame?

krul

nr/santon    new cb    colo      new lb/santon

tiote                  diame

cabaye

hba                  cisse              ba

might not be the worst move in the word, give cabaye more of a platform to dominate play