NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I can't now remember, but did Pardew say when we signed Cisse that the money for that transfer had come out of this summer's transfer budget?

Would have thought it came out of last Summer''s transfer budget as they had planned to buy a striker then and also said they would have to keep some money back for January.

i think it's time for doom and gloom merchants to take over and get overly negative about our (lack of) transfer activity

then we'll sign some players

or i suppose ozzimandias could say he's cast iron certain that ashley won't spend a fucking penny the fat cockney cunt, that'll get things moving

Guest Brazilianbob

What if we sign Carroll on loan withoption of a  permanent deal next summer and also sign Remy on a permanent deal this summer.  Just about affordable as the outlay for Remy could be as low as £7 to 10m I also think the Douglas deal is virtually done and dusted and he will join once his dutch citizenship is confirmed.  Then wesu njust up our bid for denucjy a bit just enough to let lille think they have got one over us after we pinched cabaye for a minimal fee last summer.  Lille don't want to be seen as a soft touch where nufc is involved.

Guest Roger Kint

What if we sign Carroll on loan withoption of a  permanent deal next summer

You mean like the deal we actually offered and Liverpool turned down? Yeah lets try that.

Guest Roger Kint

i think it's time for doom and gloom merchants to take over and get overly negative about our (lack of) transfer activity

then we'll sign some players

or i suppose ozzimandias could say he's cast iron certain that ashley won't spend a fucking penny the fat cockney cunt, that'll get things moving

Its almost time for TheNorthumbrian's doomsday bi-annual post now you mention it :lol:

This stand-off with Lille is so frustrating.

As far as we know, no other team has an offer either in, or accepted for him so there's no real reason to worry. If another team were to show their hand first then I'm sure we'd act accordingly.

Guest bimpy474

Just need to wait till wesu ups the bid for denucjy then

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6739/wordrr.png

Sky Sports understands Newcastle United are eyeing a move for Swansea City defender Ashley Williams.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is in the market for a new centre-half and Wales international Williams is thought to be on his wanted list.

Williams was outstanding for Swansea in their debut season in the Premier League last term and he missed only one game for the Welsh club.

He signed a three-year extension to his contract in August last year and is approaching 200 appearances for the club since joining from Stockport County in 2008.

A number of clubs are keeping tabs on the 27-year-old's situation and Pardew is looking to build a Newcastle squad capable of competing in both the Premier League and Europe this season.

Swansea would be reluctant to lose Williams, but could face a battle to resist any big-money offers for the highly-rated stopper.

I'm actually not against signing Williams at all. Good stopper who's used to play football on the ground in contrast to Williamson.

Doubt Swansea will let him go cheap though as they've already lost Stephen Caulker. That would mean they've lost their CB pairing from last season.