NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Luckily today i can get away from the transfer wonderment, I'm taking the kids and Mrs Bimpy to see "Brave".

Have to pay a bit more though, only the luxury seats fit Mrs Bimpy's arse. Last time we went standard i had to put both feet on the arms of her chair to hoy her out of it. Like playing tug of war with more a hairy Geoff Capes.

:lol: cheers Bimpy mate. Sneak in some Vaseline to grease the seat up next time, give your back a bit of a break.

If one of our big names do go this week without top quality coming in i'll be fuming. Ashley's real intent for the club will be evident this week.  We'll see.

Good point. I think we're about to find out if Ashley is the real deal or just not that arsed.

This is said in every transfer window, we know exactly what the policy is.

Yep was going to say it but couldn't be bothered, as you said that line must be posted every single window.

Yes but in other recent windows had we just finished 5th in the league and only narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification, something which would increase the profile of the club and massively increase its revenue?

It would appear that the policy doesn't change dependent on league position.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

it's just that people go on about this policy of us selling as soon as we can make a profit and apart from a ridiculous offer from liverpool there's little evidence to suggest that we do any different to all bar the sugar daddy clubs.

Not me, I was talking about incomings.

what's the policy as regards incomings then ? buy players with the idea that when they leave you make a profit and older players who'll possibly noit hold their value you pay less for, like just about everyone else.

If one of our big names do go this week without top quality coming in i'll be fuming. Ashley's real intent for the club will be evident this week.  We'll see.

Good point. I think we're about to find out if Ashley is the real deal or just not that arsed.

Yep was going to say it but couldn't be bothered, as you said that line must be posted every single window.

Yes but in other recent windows had we just finished 5th in the league and only narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification, something which would increase the profile of the club and massively increase its revenue?

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

it's just that people go on about this policy of us selling as soon as we can make a profit and apart from a ridiculous offer from liverpool there's little evidence to suggest that we do any different to all bar the sugar daddy clubs.

what's the policy as regards incomings then ? buy players with the idea that when they leave you make a profit and older players who'll possibly noit hold their value you pay less for, like just about everyone else.

Well, it seems to be that we buy young and that we won't go much at all over our initial valuation. Also that purchases are based as much on value for money as what positions we need to fill. Do I really need to say all this? Our incoming transfer policy certainly isn't the same as every other club.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

Well, it seems to be that we buy young and that we won't go much at all over our initial valuation. Also that purchases are based as much on value for money as what positions we need to fill. Do I really need to say all this? Our incoming transfer policy certainly isn't the same as every other club.

we've bid for a 27yr old for a position we need and will quite possibly increase our bid. the only thing we seem to do differently to other clubs is be a lot more thorough in our scouting.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

we've bid for a 27yr old for a position we need and will quite possibly increase our bid. the only thing we seem to do differently to other clubs is be a lot more thorough in our scouting.

True. The thing is though I class 27 as young, or at the top end of the young bracket, I said 'as much on value for money as what positions we need to fill'. The Debuchy thing bears that out, it doesn't contradict it.

How you can say scouting is the only difference when Liverpool pay 20m for Henderson and Downing and the mackems pay 12-14m for Fletcher I'm not so sure, and that's without mentioning the super rich clubs.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

True. The thing is though I class 27 as young, or at the top end of the young bracket, I said 'as much on value for money as what positions we need to fill'. The Debuchy thing bears that out, it doesn't contradict it.

How you can say scouting is the only difference when Liverpool pay 20m for Henderson and Downing and the mackems pay 12-14m for Fletcher I'm not so sure, and that's without mentioning the super rich clubs.

Our scouts wouldn't put forward those players given their price tags?

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

I didn't realise Scouts contacted agents and clubs to enquire about price and availability?

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

I didn't realise Scouts contacted agents and clubs to enquire about price and availability?

I am sure they have some idea, otherwise it would be a bit of a waste of time.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

i don't see how, we pay what we think the player is worth, we had to agree fees for cisse and anita so obviously the selling clubs thought them as fair prices.  I had centre midfield as a priority even more so than a forward or centre half fwiw. both those clubs you mentioned paid what they thought those players were worth. we aren't going to pay more than a players worth and not recruit elsewhere that's needed. do you want us to say " we wont buy a forward as we'll use some of that money to pay more than we think the defender we want is worth"

re debuchy,27 isn't old but i doubt any club that buys him will make a profit on him when he's 30. thats putting off other suitors imo.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

i don't see how, we pay what we think the player is worth, we had to agree fees for cisse and anita so obviously the selling clubs thought them as fair prices.  I had centre midfield as a priority even more so than a forward or centre half fwiw. both those clubs you mentioned paid what they thought those players were worth. we aren't going to pay more than a players worth and not recruit elsewhere that's needed. do you want us to say " we wont buy a forward as we'll use some of that money to pay more than we think the defender we want is worth"

re debuchy,27 isn't old but i doubt any club that buys him will make a profit on him when he's 30. thats putting off other suitors imo.

I think you've got me wrong here like, I haven't complained about our policy.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

whereas i'm saying we don't have a policy as such like many make out. we just do exactly as the majority of other clubs are having to do.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

whereas i'm saying we don't have a policy as such like many make out. we just do exactly as the majority of other clubs are having to do.

Ok, then respectfully I'm just going to have to say that I disagree and leave it at that.

There aren't many full backs that go for big money when they are 30, there are the exceptions and they tend to be world class, obviously, but for me it's a position where value goes down with age past a certain point.

Even Ashley Cole at 25 or whatever went for something like £5m and a mentally unstable Gallas and he is/was one of the best Full backs in the world.

As you say that position doesn't often command a huge fee.

It's not a respected position tbh, a lot of managers don't even consider it important.

It is very important in this day and age but there you go..... there are exceptions to the rule like with Dani Alves, Barca paid something like 35m euros i think but this is clearly the exception.

Hopefully we get him.

Guest bimpy474

A lot of noise about M'bia leaving Marseille.

Possible centre back for us?

Would be if he played centre half, he's a centre midfielder really.

Guest bimpy474

Does play centre half, and has done for a while now I believe.

Aye but not his prefered position. Do you remember that this is the player JFK reckon he'd bet his life on.