NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Do people think it's advantageous to get signings in for the start of pre-season or is it over-played?

If it's advantageous why do we rarely bother doing so and in the instance of this pre-season, why have we put a self-imposed delay on matters with Kinnear's holiday?

I've heard some people say it's because Ashley doesn't want to have to pay the wages during this time when players are on holiday and not "working" :)

Guest reefatoon

Do people think it's advantageous to get signings in for the start of pre-season or is it over-played?

If it's advantageous why do we rarely bother doing so and in the instance of this pre-season, why have we put a self-imposed delay on matters with Kinnear's holiday?

I think it is advantageous in the fact it builds up both confidence and morale leading up to the start of the season.  Get the signings in nice and early, get that feel good factor going nice and early and hopefully it carries on into the season.  Leave it late and people start getting stressed and it starts to look a bit of a panic.

Plus I would like to see players in early, so we can bed them in better, get them comfortable with their surroundings so they feel more settled when the season starts.

I am not quite sure why we don't sign people early.  The manager and Carr are still here, so transfer targets have not changed. If players have been scouted throughout the year, transfers drawn up, then why does absolutely nothing happen for ages?

I've heard some people say it's because Ashley doesn't want to have to pay the wages during this time when players are on holiday and not "working" :)

I've heard a few clubs operate like that, not just us. Obviously from a coaching point of view a manager would much rather have a pre-season with all the signings there to work with rather than trying to bed them in mid season.

Like yous all, i've had some amazing highs following this club, ive probably had more lows. But i've never felt as flat as i currently feel. There's no joy, or anger or much of anything. And i don't really want the new season to start if i'm being honest.

Have faith guys, I reckon the players we will sign will be top quality, it's just the amount of players we need is the issue. I reckon we need a good 4 players to get back into the thick of it again. 2 just isn't enough but we'll see.. Just ignore the paper chatter for another 2 to 3 weeks, then if nowts going on, then begin to panic.

We sacked Hughton and Pochettino has done f*** all as a manager as far as i'm concerned. Oh so he came in and played some pretty football when Adkins was sacked, got a few decent results and finished safely. Jury is still out on him, he's splashing the cash, just paid something like 13 million for a bloke from the SPL, lets all panic.

Not saying Pardew is the one, like ive stated previously, i just don't trust Ashley to bring anyone else in who wouldn't cause this forum to go into meltdown (not that it takes much). I'm happy we have kept him on, im willing to write off last season, he's had one good/one bad and next season is where he should be evidently judged. Saying that, he could finish 5th again yet still people would say it's a fluke, or it's Pardew so we want him out. No matter what he does a section of fans will always hate him, each to their own.

Pochettino came into a new league, couldn't speak the language and didn't have anything LIKE the budget Pardew had in January ; he took over from a manager who was popular with the fans and won them over by playing decent football - far better than that displayed by Pardew's teams.

How you can say he has achieved f - all is beyond me...I notice you conveniently avoided talking about Laudrup...! I said we most people would probably take 2 of the managers, so Hughton doesn't count ; I thought that would be obvious.

Also obvious is Pardew's previous CVs.....you seem quite prepared to view all that as an aberration and his one decent season with us(even though the football was largely poor)as a demo of his real ability.

Sorry - I'm not buying that and I reckon most other fans won't either.

:lol: Yes i avoided him because i actually do like Laudrup. And i would love him.

However you say it's beyond you how i think Pochettino has achieved fuck all in his managerial career to date so i wouldn't mind a list of his achievements? He's having his spending spree now which Pards had in January, fair enough. I question his first crazy fee signing by the way and I think Southampton may struggle so you can take my word on this when they are flying high.

You can say wasn't pretty football when finishing 5th, it was a fluke, games went this way, should have went that way, injuries were non-existent, we were under a false illusion, make all the theories you like, but we finished 5th which was a fantastic achievement all things considered. And forever that was fantastic season the following season turned out to be hell. So the forthcoming season is basically for me where Pardew's judgement days really lie. Has he got the bottle/desire and simply the managerial ability to get our quality players back on track and the confidence re-built which it was solely founded in our season when we finished 5th? I think given the core of players at his disposal, he will get us back fighting up the top half of the league again.

Guest chicken little

Like yous all, i've had some amazing highs following this club, ive probably had more lows. But i've never felt as flat as i currently feel. There's no joy, or anger or much of anything. And i don't really want the new season to start if i'm being honest.

personally said, the feeling of flatness has stopped me from having that feeling - the season is going to start and some shit is going to happen. probably lashings of gallows humour and eventual disappointment. barring two brief golden periods, service as usual.

might be outing myself as a right old cunt (though doubtless younger than some), but the first nufc games i remember paying attention to were us getting fucked in the play-offs by a sunderland team starring gates and gabbiadini. the first game i went to we chucked away two points when mark stimson scored an own-goal with the last touch of the game (oldham away, new years day 1991, fact fans..)

all of which isn't to say we've not been living a relentlessly grim and grinding couple of years but man, i've seen worse. i'm not reaching for the razor blades yet, like.

I love Laudrup as well, but his cv has the odd blip on it.

Laudrup does have the odd blip on there, but it still brings a lot of class. Think the majority of managers wouldn't have a CV without a poor show, here or there.

I'm still waiting for Merlin to fill me in on Pochettino's managerial CV. Must still be listing his achievements...

Laudrup does have the odd blip on there, but it still brings a lot of class. Think the majority of managers wouldn't have a CV without a poor show, here or there.

I'm still waiting for Merlin to fill me in on Pochettino's managerial CV. Must still be listing his achievements...

Stop posting man :lol: You have no idea what you are talking about.

Stop posting man :lol: You have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you want to fill me in on his epic Espanyol time and his sizzling start at Southampton Feli?  ;)

Is it going to be yet another non show in the summer window I wonder? Immediately putting us on the back foot.

Our owner, director of football, and manager mean we're on "the back foot" regardless of who we sign.

Is it going to be yet another non show in the summer window I wonder? Immediately putting us on the back foot.

Our owner, director of football, and manager mean we're on "the back foot" regardless of who we sign.

We all know we're run by retards, but a half decent player here and there might just nullify their overbearing shitness.

Stuart Rayner @sturayner

In Saturday's Journal: Pardew will welcome back Kinnear from his holiday with instructions to land #NUFC's top transfer target before Weds

Bent.

To be honest I would prefer this guy.

http://www.leenelson.com/images/news/bent-green.jpg

The Bent hatred is getting ridiculous now. A proven Premier League scorer at a low price who offers a bit of presence, leadership and has something to prove.

I agree him and Cisse won't work but let's wait until we try to play the 2 of them week in week out until we moan our arses off.

At 3-4m, I'm delighted.

More likely that Bent and a very small amount of others aside we're genuinely actually not interested in anyone.

Plus we're nearly at Wonga's door after that lavish spending in January.

It actually has gone all quiet since Kinnear went on holiday! Fuckin ridiculous. Can't believe we're relying on that senile old cunt to do our deals.

Is that apart from Pardew confirming our interest in him?

The Bent hatred is getting ridiculous now. A proven Premier League scorer at a low price who offers a bit of presence, leadership and has something to prove.

I agree him and Cisse won't work but let's wait until we try to play the 2 of them week in week out until we moan our arses off.

At 3-4m, I'm delighted.

Leadership?