NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Why is he trying to give off the illusion that we're a poxy club who should be thankful to even be in the Premier League? c***s. All of them.

Under current management? We probably are.

Its just limiting expectations isnt it. If he mentions the potential for Cabaye to be off 7 times during the window & someone finally bids as a fanbase we're more accepting of it due to the expectation in comparison to it being a shock.

Ashley wants his money back but he also wants his asset to keep a good status so he can get a good price in future, so we buy decent players for cheap, increase their status over here, sell them for big amounts, then reinvest part of the cash in similar replacements who he thinks can follow the same pattern. Hopeful outcome being we always do decently & he always makes a profit on who we bring in.

All he needs then is a manager who will buy into letting his better players go, whilst also trying to get supporters to do the same.

Already in our ranks  :pardsbeard:

Im sick of them all...this game where pardew plays this tiresome game of we are trying, we cant compete with blah blah blah, the brinkmanship...its really tired now and they arent fooling anyone anymore.

I was alluding to Jonas actually :lol: except he offers a lot more going forward.

I remember Baba saying Andre Ayew is everything you wish Jonas was a year or so ago and he's right tbh.

Offers everything that Jonas does from a defensive point of view, but so much more going forward.

Would be a quality signing.

Know nowt about him but doesnt seem to get many assists? Just 5/6 in the league from his last 90+ games. We could do with some creativity, we already have a strong finisher we cant get near the ball.

Guest bimpy474

I was alluding to Jonas actually :lol: except he offers a lot more going forward.

I remember Baba saying Andre Ayew is everything you wish Jonas was a year or so ago and he's right tbh.

Offers everything that Jonas does from a defensive point of view, but so much more going forward.

Know nowt about him but doesnt seem to get many assists? Just 5/6 in the league from his last 90+ games. We could do with some creativity, we already have a strong finisher we cant get near the ball.

Something we are seriously lacking, is a goal threat down the left. Jonas is so poor attacking wise, i'm certain a lot of managers will have a decent RB who they will know will be able to deal with him easily.

Something we are seriously lacking, is a goal threat down the left. Jonas is so poor attacking wise, i'm certain a lot of managers will have a decent RB who they will know will be able to deal with him easily.

It wasn't that long ago Jonas and Enrique were our primary force going forward, making our left side very dangerous.

Guest bimpy474

It wasn't that long ago Jonas and Enrique were our primary force going forward, making our left side very dangerous.

That was more Enrique being able to get forward overlapping Jonas who would drop back in. With Santon tending to cut in, we have nothing out wide on the left at all.

Call me old fashinoned by i want my LW/LM to be more dangerous and advanced than our full back. The FB supporting him and sometimes getting more forward, but mainly helping the LW/LM attack.

4 years ago in the Championship. How relevant. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I knew you'd show for this one :lol:

And a different much more positive manager i might add.

But is this Ayew guy a threat from the left? He's also being played as a striker. Plus Ben Arfa would be scoring more if our movement around the area allowed a winger to cut in and find space to shoot atm, he barely gets any room. I think creativity + someone like a Gomis is more needed due to how we're playing.

That was more Enrique being able to get forward overlapping Jonas who would drop back in. With Santon tending to cut in, we have nothing out wide on the left at all.

Call me old fashinoned by i want my LW/LM to be more dangerous and advanced than our full back. The FB supporting him and sometimes getting more forward, but mainly helping the LW/LM attack.

Didn't Hughton play Ben Arfa on the left wing or is my memory going? He could be a real handful out there as the defender wouldn't know whether he was going inside or out.

Old Fashioned  :cheesy:

In my eyes you can approach the solution in two viable ways:

The first is what Bimpy said.

The second is to have an attacking wingback ala Roberto Carlos and someone cutting in from the left trying to score and create goals.

We take the not viable third option which is playing with a fullback who cuts inside and a defensive winger who offers nothing going forward and not much from a defensive aspect ie he can't tackle, isn't good positionally, doesn't read the game well etc.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't Hughton play Ben Arfa on the left wing or is my memory going? He could be a real handful out there as the defender wouldn't know whether he was going inside or out.

He did against Everton, and Ben Arfa was great, going both ways is much more hard to handle as Everton found.

Said we should do this for ages, we don't use inverted wingers properly so there is no point in it.

How often do we have either running in behind centre back and full back from out wide, almost never.

Guest bimpy474

Old Fashioned  :cheesy:

In my eyes you can approach the solution in two viable ways:

The first is what Bimpy said.

The second is to have an attacking wingback ala Roberto Carlos and someone cutting in from the left trying to score and create goals.

We take the not viable third option which is playing with a fullback who cuts inside and a defensive winger who offers nothing going forward and not much from a defensive aspect ie he can't tackle, isn't good positionally, doesn't read the game well etc.

I dont have a problem with a FB being your main attacking width but you set your system up accordingly. We dont set up either way, ours is just a mess and has no interchanging, cohesion or flow.

Said we should do this for ages, we don't use inverted wingers properly so there is no point in it.

Exactly. It's counter-productive using inverted wingers in a 4-4-2 anyway cos, typically, they receive the ball too far from goal to make a real impact when cutting in. If we're playing with a flat midfield then Ben Arfa should be on the left imo. He, like most others, is just wasted in the role he's usually played in.

How often do we have either running in behind centre back and full back from out wide, almost never.

Plus on the right wing, defenders know 9 times out of 10 Ben Arfa is going to cut inside so it's easy to double up on him. If I was a RB I'd be shitting bricks if HBA was running at me on the left.

Is he for real? I mean, wtf are we waiting for? For other clubs to steal our transfer targets? This is so ludacris.

In addition to that I'm so friggin tired of hearing him say how we're almost a bottom club and should be... we got the #3 biggest stadium and insane fans? Can we PLEASE get someone proper with an actual football brain in.... PLZ ONE TIME.

Is he for real? I mean, wtf are we waiting for? For other clubs to steal our transfer targets? This is so ludacris.

In addition to that I'm so friggin tired of hearing him say how we're almost a bottom club and should be... we got the #3 biggest stadium and insane fans? Can we PLEASE get someone proper with an actual football brain in.... PLZ ONE TIME.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9Y8OFQqykQI/UaVK2T4ENHI/AAAAAAAB4bo/ne3dqEK7nvY/s640/ludacris.jpg

Fully agree. So very Ludacris.

Exactly. It's counter-productive using inverted wingers in a 4-4-2 anyway cos, typically, they receive the ball too far from goal to make a real impact when cutting in. If we're playing with a flat midfield then Ben Arfa should be on the left imo. He, like most others, is just wasted in the role he's usually played in.

Pretty astute point, that. Yorkie's evolving into a pretty good poster.

It's barely 2 years since Enrique left.

Not that it matters, my point being: for all his limitations, when used correctly Jonas can be dangerous. Just needs the right partner and the right system.