NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Both would be good signings, both defensively minded fullbacks.

Debuchy would be better for the here and now but more expensive, Clyne is younger and cheaper. Latter might allow us more flexibility in CB hunt or wherever else we need to strengthen.

Both would be good signings, both defensively minded fullbacks.

Debuchy would be better for the here and now but more expensive, Clyne is younger and cheaper. Latter might allow us more flexibility in CB hunt or wherever else we need to strengthen.

Agree the problem is i have almost promised myself we are getting Debuchy and anything else would be a crushing blow to me :lol:

Would still be a quality signing but i doubt it would replace the gaping hole in my heart :(

Guest VaVaVoom

He is but he's the kind of player who relishes the defensive side of things. Both are far better going forward than Simpson is.

Canny if we dont get Debuchy. That said...massive difference in quality though. No way worth 5mil.

He is but he's the kind of player who relishes the defensive side of things. Both are far better going forward than Simpson is.

Canny if we dont get Debuchy. That said...massive difference in quality though. No way worth 5mil.

£5 million would be the going rate in contract TBH. They won't get that at a tribunal though.

Can't say I have seen much of Clyne, but I know he has been highly thought of for quite some time now.  Has there been any particular reason why no club has made a move before now, bearing in mind he has been on the scene for a relatively decent amount of time?

If we don't get Debuchy, then Clyne would definitely be my second choice/plan B. Would be a very good signing, looking very much like a very promising player (would also meet the criteria of our transfer policy).

Guest zxcvbnm

Good signing if true!

Can't see who ekse the Cabaye friend link could be though?

Unless it is Hazard :)))

Kevin Mirallas, Cabaye's best friend at lille before he left the club in 2008. Edin hazzard talk's about how close the three of them were on cabaye's website (http://www.yohan-cabaye.com/eng/personality/according-to-players/).

For those not familiar with him, he is a 24 year old belgium international striker who can also play left wing. he is curently playing for olympiacos scoring 20 goals in 38 matches last season and should be available for around £6.5 million. Ba's replacement???

Good signing if true!

Kevin Mirallas, Cabaye's best friend at lille before he left the club in 2008. Edin hazzard talk's about how close the three of them were on cabaye's website (http://www.yohan-cabaye.com/eng/personality/according-to-players/).

For those not familiar with him, he is a 24 year old belgium international striker who can also play left wing. he is curently playing for olympiacos scoring 20 goals in 38 matches last season and should be available for around £6.5 million. Ba's replacement???

thats one hell of a find for your first post.......Mr Mirallas!!! Not surprised you're wanting out of Greece at the minute mind.

Guest pont-toon

Good signing if true!

thats one hell of a find for your first post.......Mr Mirallas!!! Not surprised you're wanting out of Greece at the minute mind.

agreed, totally off the radar and will be well known to the font of all continental football knowledge that is our top scout - he looks a cracking player. Voted player of the year in the greek league. Considering belgium have such superb players at the present time how didint they qualify for the euros ?

We were linked with him after the last u21 Euros.

Belgium don't fulfil their potential because they lack in certain positions and there is no unifying spirit (country is basically 2 separate countries under 1 flag and half the team aren't "Belgian" anyway")

We were linked with him after the last u21 Euros.

Belgium don't fulfil their potential because they lack in certain positions and there is no unifying spirit (country is basically 2 separate countries under 1 flag and half the team aren't "Belgian" anyway")

yeah thats what makes teams pull together.