NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

L'Equipe says OL would still like to sell Aly Cissokho and want 8 mill euros but would probably accept 6 mill.

L'Equipe adds there's not a "plethora" of clubs keen but #nufc keeping informed. OL may even let him go on 1-yr loan with option to buy

Due to his dip in form the later would be a very sensible option to explore...

Hope he's not a Tiote replacement to be honest, he's not as good in my opinion. I know Tiote picks up a lot of yellows but Mulumbu is even more rash and I don't think he is as good as an athlete.

He's not as good as Tioté in any sane person's opinion. It'll be a clear downgrade if he's the replacement for Tioté.

The worry is that he would be a stop gap, whilst we find someone more "long term". Obviously it's all speculation as there is nothing to say Tiote will go but we have to expect a serious offer.

L'Equipe says OL would still like to sell Aly Cissokho and want 8 mill euros but would probably accept 6 mill.

L'Equipe adds there's not a "plethora" of clubs keen but #nufc keeping informed. OL may even let him go on 1-yr loan with option to buy

This will do. Nowt to lose really - if he turns out to be brilliant, then by all means sign him up at the end of his loan spell; if it doesn't go well for him here then we simply don't exercise the purchase option and he just returns to Lyon. A risk-free deal :thup:

This will do. Nowt to lose really - if he turns out to be brilliant, then by all means sign him up at the end of his loan spell; if it doesn't go well for him here then we don't exercise the purchase option and he just returns to Lyon. A risk-free deal :thup:

which is why I can't see it happening, no benefit and a lot of risk for Lyon because if hes shite for us his value would plummet again leaving them up shit creek.

Guest je85

Strange if there is a plethora of interested clubs 1-yr loan with option to buy wouldn't strike me as a good option for the selling club.

Guest je85

Strange if there is a plethora of interested clubs 1-yr loan with option to buy wouldn't strike me as a good option for the selling club.

It says there's not a plethora of clubs interested.

Whooopsie.

Should be so typical us to get Cissokho on a season long loan with option to buy. We just can´t do bad transfers, can´t we? :lol:

http://i.qkme.me/3pd7oh.jpg

Come on mate... Owen wasnt such a bad signing .. he did completely take the piss out of a 13 year old red headed keeper on a dvd

Should be so typical us to get Cissokho on a season long loan with option to buy. We just can´t do bad transfers, can´t we? :lol:

http://i.qkme.me/3pd7oh.jpg

Come on mate... Owen wasnt such a bad signing .. he did completely take the p*ss out of a 13 year old red headed keeper on a dvd

Well the past two years...

Guest je85

How much is Tiote worth? I.e., what's the price you'd be willing to see Tiote leave for, if any?

18mill

This will do. Nowt to lose really - if he turns out to be brilliant, then by all means sign him up at the end of his loan spell; if it doesn't go well for him here then we don't exercise the purchase option and he just returns to Lyon. A risk-free deal :thup:

which is why I can't see it happening, no benefit and a lot of risk for Lyon because if hes s**** for us his value would plummet again leaving them up s*** creek.

Sounds as if Lyon just really want to get rid of them though, so much so that they're prepared to let him go out on loan...

We'll see anyway but think it's the case that as long as Lyon get a fee, they'll be content (I could be completely wrong here mind).

Guest je85

How much is Tiote worth? I.e., what's the price you'd be willing to see Tiote leave for, if any?

18mill

Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll & Stuart Downing...

Liverpool don't count, they're stupid.

18mill

Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll & Stuart Downing...

Liverpool don't count, they're stupid.

King Kenny never saw an average Englishman he didn't want to overpay for.

The price mentioned for M'Vila was 18m. Admittedly never watched the lad but get the impression he is probably better than Tiote.

Andy 'Top brass' Brassell always says he'll be the best midfielder in the world in a few years.

The price mentioned for M'Vila was 18m. Admittedly never watched the lad but get the impression he is probably better than Tiote.

Might be helped by the fact that he's a French, not Ivorian, international. Never seen him either tbf, but he's sure to fetch a pretty penny.

Draws comparisons to Makelele, Vieira, and Yaya. Can play defensive mid or deep-lying playmaker apparently.

It has to be a minimum of £22m, but think we could get £25m. But the newspapers keep calling him '£15m rated'.

Would be a great fit at Chelsea if they're really looking to get 'younger.' Ya know Roman would have no problem dropping £22m either. Though I'm not sure they'd need him necessarily, Obi and Essien aren't too shabby.