NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

kalou is just like simpson = s*** in his own fans eyes while look mint at other club fans. In the end he just mediocre not worth weekly wages to improve things. I don't think he is better than Ba.... in Ba current position.

We do need a player in the Kalou mould, someone capable of running at defenders with the ball and pace off it to launch counter attacks, plus another option with our European campaign ahead. As a replacement for Ba I'd want a striker but we also need this kind of player to add to the squad. Obertan may come good but doesn't look like it at the moment and there are major question marks over the fitness of Marveaux. Looking at the youngsters to step up only Ferguson stands out for this role.

We haven't had the best success buying cast-offs from bigger PL clubs. Simpson has done alright but Smith and Duff were major flops. Kalou never really got a chance at Chelsea so could arrive looking to prove a point but we've done better in recent years signing players from Europe such as Tiote, Cabaye, Cisse, or the likes of Williamson and Ba from smaller clubs, so I reckon we'll go down this route again. You could argue the likes of Luque, Boumson and Xisco failed in that regard but our scouting seems to have improved a lot since then. Kalou may be free but such a high wage player who would not be in the starting XI would probably put the club off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pros

Plays right/left

Two footed

Pacey

Good age

Cons

African cup of nations

Could see us as a step down and coast

Inconsistent

I remember him being talked about as the reason Kuyt was so highly thought of at Feyenord? Didn't Mourinho sign him? Not saying that particularly positive I just remember this going through while Roeder was on his 8th visit to see Kuyt?

Kalou aint the anti-christ! He's alright, especially for nowt.

Incredibly, some players are neither great or s****. In a world where Obertan & Smith exist, Kalou is no problem.

Exactly to me iam happy with this possible signing as long as he's being bought to strengthen the squad and not replace somebody, will accept a wage cut and fall in line with the team ethics which Pardew insists upon.

It's obvious we need an extra forward and we cant complain too much about a free transfer as long as he's seen as someone to add to the squad and not as a replacement for an outgoing player.

kalou is just like simpson = s*** in his own fans eyes while look mint at other club fans. In the end he just mediocre not worth weekly wages to improve things. I don't think he is better than Ba.... in Ba current position.

He used to play for my hometown club and was adored by the fans, so that would be a no..

FC Twente chairman has come out and said selling Douglas must be financially attractive and enable them to get a replacement in or they will keep hold of him until his registration expires at the end of next season.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/222169/FC-Twente-vindt-verkoop-Douglas-nog-niet-aantrekkelijk.htm

If selling him doesn't pay in whole for a replacement, then they will keep him for 1 year and not get any money towards a replacement. Genius.

FC Twente chairman has come out and said selling Douglas must be financially attractive and enable them to get a replacement in or they will keep hold of him until his registration expires at the end of next season.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/222169/FC-Twente-vindt-verkoop-Douglas-nog-niet-aantrekkelijk.htm

Does it say anything about us?

No, but interestingly he does mention that there are several agents involved who would all require their cut of a transfer fee, which ties in with something that has been mentioned by the English press about us losing interest in signing him. Seems like both clubs are using the media to warn his advisors about not playing hardball for their piece of the pie.

Guest samich

Why are you so obsessed, sandwich man?

Because it could be another star in the making? And he has a great name. :D

Kalou's goals to minutes ratio for Chelsea is really excellent, especially when you consider he's a rotation player and often been a sub. Provided the wages aren't astronomically daft I'd be pleased if we signed him. I think he's one of those who'd shine if he started every week.