NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The Journal saying that we are no longer pursuing Douglas, due to to too many complications involving agents. Pardew said we are after a centre-half that can score 8 goals a season. Are there any attainable centre-halfs on the continent at all that have such a goalscoring rate? I cant think of any.

What an unusual statement.

It's pretty much an exact quote.

The Journal saying that we are no longer pursuing Douglas, due to to too many complications involving agents. Pardew said we are after a centre-half that can score 8 goals a season. Are there any attainable centre-halfs on the continent at all that have such a goalscoring rate? I cant think of any.

I'm sure it is, it's just an odd thing to say. Must be after Matt Elliott.

Well it was in the context of our centre-backs (namely Williamson) not being enough of a goal threat. I think it's a fair enough comment from Pards tbh; it's a great string to have to your bow.

I think It's maybe being taken a little too literal, I doubt the scouting team have been tasked to look at only defenders who scored 8 or more last season, we just want someone who is a threat from set pieces whilst being a good defender.

I've checked almost every league in Europe. No Centre-half has scored that many goals.

I've checked almost every league in Europe. No Centre-half has scored that many goals.

:lol: :facepalm:

I think It's maybe being taken a little too literal, I doubt the scouting team have been tasked to look at only defenders who scored 8 or more last season, we just want someone who is a threat from set pieces whilst being a good defender.

Exactly.

Exactly.

:D got to give it a crack

Exactly.

That's what I meant by saying it's an odd quote. Just say goalscoring centre half [/nitpicking]

Wouldnt call Douglas a goalscoring center-half, 9 goals in 115 matches. Thats about 3 goals a season. Lets say a goal scoring centre half scores around 5 or 6 a season. Who are some of them, that we would be able to attract?

a. Read the thread.

b. Never link to that s*** again.

:laugh:

You would think for someone that works for IBM, hed be alot f***ing better at producing a blog than he is. Poor old Ed.

Every article reads as if an illiterate 12 year old has produced it. Admittedly I myself have never tried to write a blog, mainly because it would probably be shit - maybe he should have considered this before he started

If we don't sign a new first choice CB, then guess that means we have enough confidence in Saylor to stay fit? (along with Williamson/Perch being used as backup).

Btw, there's nee point worrying atm, there's still plenty of time left to bring someone in O0

Guest Roger Kint

it is soooo boring reading about peoples paranoia on here. of coz all players have a price like the players at man u , city, barca etc have. nothing new. If a big/acceptable offer comes in and the player wants to leave...what can you do? keep him and let him unsettle half the squad?

Nothing have shown us that ashley/pardew are willing to let our best players leave cheaply. They are trying to build a team which takes 2-4 years...after that them you have to rebuild in several postions probably.

i have full confident that our best players will be here next season. After that it is difficult to say....maybe things can influence that....playing time, league position etc.

this season we will see the strongest Nufc team since the late 90´s.

GET EXCITED!!!

Dont want to be a downer .. but the year we got relegated I genuinely thought we were going to finish top 4 at the start of the season. Keegan was our manager, we were making moves for Pablo Aimar for some creative spark, talk of Schweinsteiger coming. Coloccini came in. We had a strike force of Martins, Owen and Viduka. One of the best right backs in the league, in Beye. You just never know what can happen in football.

Top 4 :lol: :lol: :lol:

top 4 will be difficult...coz we also have europe. im sure our best starting 11 will be the best were seen for many many years....its the quality and size of the whole squad that will be the key to good results both in europe and in the PL. will be difficult

Did you even read what aussiemag said? Your post suggests not :lol: