NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The thing now with both Ben Arfa and cabaye, is they have more value to us than solely players and players we can sell on for profit... they are both big recruitment tools. if France is the market we have identified as having the best pool of potential buys for the best value, we are in a better position to persuade those potentials to come here with one or both of those players. I think Barfa being here will have the same effect on Cabaye's willingness to stay and vice versa, which will have a knock on effect on transfers again. So it's not all about buy cheap, sell high, use that money to buy cheap again...

Guest Roger Kint

it is soooo boring reading about peoples paranoia on here. of coz all players have a price like the players at man u , city, barca etc have. nothing new. If a big/acceptable offer comes in and the player wants to leave...what can you do? keep him and let him unsettle half the squad?

Nothing have shown us that ashley/pardew are willing to let our best players leave cheaply. They are trying to build a team which takes 2-4 years...after that them you have to rebuild in several postions probably.

i have full confident that our best players will be here next season. After that it is difficult to say....maybe things can influence that....playing time, league position etc.

this season we will see the strongest Nufc team since the late 90´s.

GET EXCITED!!!

Dont want to be a downer .. but the year we got relegated I genuinely thought we were going to finish top 4 at the start of the season. Keegan was our manager, we were making moves for Pablo Aimar for some creative spark, talk of Schweinsteiger coming. Coloccini came in. We had a strike force of Martins, Owen and Viduka. One of the best right backs in the league, in Beye. You just never know what can happen in football.

Top 4 :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is soooo boring reading about peoples paranoia on here. of coz all players have a price like the players at man u , city, barca etc have. nothing new. If a big/acceptable offer comes in and the player wants to leave...what can you do? keep him and let him unsettle half the squad?

Nothing have shown us that ashley/pardew are willing to let our best players leave cheaply. They are trying to build a team which takes 2-4 years...after that them you have to rebuild in several postions probably.

i have full confident that our best players will be here next season. After that it is difficult to say....maybe things can influence that....playing time, league position etc.

GET EXCITED!!!

Dont want to be a downer .. but the year we got relegated I genuinely thought we were going to finish top 4 at the start of the season. Keegan was our manager, we were making moves for Pablo Aimar for some creative spark, talk of Schweinsteiger coming. Coloccini came in. We had a strike force of Martins, Owen and Viduka. One of the best right backs in the league, in Beye. You just never know what can happen in football.

Aye but to be fair mate that's because you're clearly off yer rocker.

GET EXCITED!!!

Harsh call that Sewelly

GET EXCITED!!!

Harsh call that Sewelly

It really isn't.

GET EXCITED!!!

Harsh call that Sewelly

You thought we'd finish top four ahead of 2008/2009 season? Seriously?

GET EXCITED!!!

Harsh call that Sewelly

Yeh i was quite optimistic .. i remember spencer prior tipping us for 4th here in Ausralia... I believed the cunt :(

GET EXCITED!!!

Harsh call that Sewelly

He wasnt the only one to be fair.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,42481.msg908547.html#msg908547

GET EXCITED!!!

Top 4 :lol: :lol: :lol:

top 4 will be difficult...coz we also have europe. im sure our best starting 11 will be the best were seen for many many years....its the quality and size of the whole squad that will be the key to good results both in europe and in the PL. will be difficult

Tbf i thought we were gonna be in a great shout for the top 6 at the start of that season. Probably should've been, wasn't beyond the realms of possibility had it not all kicked off. We were destined for relegation as soon as Keegan and Wise got chucked into the same melting pot (being stirred by Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias), but purely from an 'on paper' perspective - we should've been at the top end of the table.

Tbf i thought we were gonna be in a great shout for the top 6 at the start of that season. Probably should've been, wasn't beyond the realms of possibility had it not all kicked off. We were destined for relegation as soon as Keegan and Wise got chucked into the same melting pot (being stirred by Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias), but purely from an 'on paper' perspective - we should've been at the top end of the table.

it wasn't keegan and wise hetting binned that done for us, it was what followed.

it wasn't keegan and wise hetting binned that done for us, it was what followed.

Which, in a nutshell, was friction and unbalance within the management set-up. The last straw for Keegan was Wise signing a player (Gonzalez) that he wanted nothing to do with. The pair together was never going to work, and didn't. That's with the benefit of hindsight, obviously.

Which, in a nutshell, was friction and unbalance within the management set-up. The last straw for Keegan was Wise signing a player (Gonzalez) that he wanted nothing to do with. The pair together was never going to work, and didn't. That's with the benefit of hindsight, obviously.

and had a different appointment been made after keegan instead of kinnear it could all have turned out so very different. true in that it was never going to work, keegan knew from his time at fulham what happens when a DoF can't keep his nose out where it shouldn't be.

fwiw i don't think gonazalez was the last straw but the best excuse for keegan to get out. (still amazed FA/UEFA/FIFA never looked into that transfer with it being a 'favour' to some agents)

and had a different appointment been made after keegan instead of kinnear it could all have turned out so very different. true in that it was never going to work, keegan knew from his time at fulham what happens when a DoF can't keep his nose out where it shouldn't be.

Ah okay, fair enough. I dare say the situation could have been rectified, it was only two games in after all.

Ah okay, fair enough. I dare say the situation could have been rectified, it was only two games in after all.

The job was a poisoned chalice when Keegan left. Not even El Tel would touch it. Was a horrendous time.

The Journal saying that we are no longer pursuing Douglas, due to to too many complications involving agents. Pardew said we are after a centre-half that can score 8 goals a season. Are there any attainable centre-halfs on the continent at all that have such a goalscoring rate? I cant think of any.

Guest Wally_McFool

The Journal saying that we are no longer pursuing Douglas, due to to too many complications involving agents. Pardew said we are after a centre-half that can score 8 goals a season. Are there any attainable centre-halfs on the continent at all that have such a goalscoring rate? I cant think of any.

After reading the "Douglas scratched from United's wish list" article I now fully expect Douglas to have signed on the dotted line within a week.

After reading the "Douglas scratched from United's wish list" article I now fully expect Douglas to have signed on the dotted line within a week.

Was thinking that myself. I doubt our club ever scratch a transfer, until the player has moved to another club. Llambias and co. play the game hard.

What an unusual statement.