NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Mark douglas' comments tonight indicate he has heard something concrete.  Reckon we might be seeing douglas and/ or debuchey before the window slams shut

Was he the one who claimed we had agreed terms with 'Debuchy's side' and that it should be completed by Tuesday or whenever it was?

The very same

We'll get the old, buy the journal to find out who newcastle are tracking.

Transfer windows are a restraint of trade and would be blown out the water if any Club decided to take it to law.

how so ? technically you can buy and sell whenever you like but they have to be registered by a certain date, if not you'd be able to buy a player mid game i suppose. doubt that would class as restraint of trade.

Yes the window should shut before the season starts. Say the season started on a Saturday then the window should shut on the Wednesday or the Thursday night before the Saturday. I'd go with the Wednesday, that gives you the Thursday to do the press conferences for the new signings and the Friday to have some sort of training and travelling (if away) for the match the following day.

Pretty good shout ;), that or the Saturday before maybe.

Yeah I know I was echoing yours and other people's shouts, just trying to add substance to it really.

I hate the transfer window.

:thup:

Getting to old for this s***.

Also, why can they not make it so the transfer window is over before the season. Like 1 aug.

Never really understood that ..

No doubt some others have said this but the window should shut before the season starts. Starting the season with players that you may or may not lose is complete nonsense.

Like you said, definitely getting too old for this s***.

it doesn't even feel like the seasons actually started till the window shuts and you get that stupid england friendly out the way.

Mark douglas' comments tonight indicate he has heard something concrete.  Reckon we might be seeing douglas and/ or debuchey before the window slams shut

Just trying to boost sales of the Journal again.

All it will say is that we expect hope fucking pray to make a break through within the next week with the usual names being mentioned.

They moved the goalposts man

This, Pardew was certain the deal was done so the news was leaked to the media. ( Debuchy)

whats he said ? what did i miss ?

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

So #safc active today. My understanding now is #nufc will be too before deadline day. Busy week in prospect!

whats he said ? what did i miss ?

Something about Sunderland being active today and we hope to do the same and saying it will be a busy week ahead.

Then his next post was read the Journal tomorrow.

So #safc active today. My understanding now is #nufc will be too before deadline day. Busy week in prospect!

To clarify, #nufc business would be incoming. Not sure about outgoings. Hopefully more in the coming days for the Journal....

@bignes1080 No chance three to come in. But one might.

Guest andrew

meh. think he's referring to carroll and i suppose we're hoping he and his agent will force liverpool's hand into accepting this "on the table" offer.

meh. think he's referring to carroll and i suppose we're hoping he and his agent will force liverpool's hand into accepting this "on the table" offer.

Extremely meh if that's the case, we need another striker sure but another season of being exploited outwide because of fullbacks has to be the priority for me.

To clarify, #nufc business would be incoming. Not sure about outgoings. Hopefully more in the coming days for the Journal....

@bignes1080 No chance three to come in. But one might.

prospect, ohio or prospect, south australia. checked both and neither appear to have any fairs or carnivals etc on this week.