NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Hell no, Lille will blink first, who cares if we don't get him now will definitely get him or someone like him in January.

If Lille dont make it to the CL proper then the chances of us getting him go up.

but they will.

I personally think we're done for this window.

Not having that. We can't be daft enough to not buy 1/2 more players. I know Pardew says a lot of stuff, but he has always said 2 or 3 players would be coming in. That's really how it has to be too.

Would be so annoyed if that turns out to be the case. It would be such a massive opportunity wasted - 4th position is as catchable as it's ever been this season.

Would be so annoyed if that turns out to be the case. It would be such a massive opportunity wasted - 4th position is as catchable as it's ever been this season.

I agree completely, we need a striker and a full back if we are to progress and really mount a challenge to the top four. I don't think the new signings will improve our first team but they will improve the quality of the squad...

Guest BooBoo

Most of the club delegates will have been in Greece/London so nowt will get done over the weekend. Basically five days to bring in the two players we really need. Just can't see it happening realistically.

Not having that. We can't be daft enough to not buy 1/2 more players. I know Pardew says a lot of stuff, but he has always said 2 or 3 players would be coming in. That's really how it has to be too.

Can't see two players coming, 1 at most IMO. Hoping it's Debuchy.

Most of the club delegates will have been in Greece/London so nowt will get done over the weekend. Basically five days to bring in the two players we really need. Just can't see it happening realistically.

Don't think we drastically need two players. Would definitely say we need one though.

Also, the window doesn't shut until September 3rd.

11pm on the 31st august according to the premier league website.

Or else?

¨

We've missed a big opportunity. Not sure how you're not able to see it/being difficult about it. Not saying two should be the number, mind. At least one, and preferably Debuchy.

The local papers everywhere all seem to think it's the 3rd, there's some quotes from Wolves' new manager talking about getting players in before the 3rd but there's also plenty of places saying the 31st.

In conclusion: fuck knows.

Or else?

¨

We've missed a big opportunity. Not sure how you're not able to see it/being difficult about it. Not saying two should be the number, mind. At least one, and preferably Debuchy.

I want to get Debuchy as much as the next man but our striking options behind the obvious two (who may or may not sod off for a month) make Best and Lovenkrands look like an embarrassment of riches.

Graeme Bailey ‏@SkyGraemeBailey

@PLDan Dan, can you settle an argument that deadline day is 31st? Some saying it is Sept 3rd? Thanks

Nick Noble @PLNickN

@SkyGraemeBailey @PLDan Friday 31st August at 11pm (UK time).

8:50 AM - 17 Aug 12

Nick Noble is 'Head of Press at the Premier League'.

Guest BooBoo

For NUFC it will be quiet. Half a rumour on Friday about a new Debuchy bid and then we'll surprisingly loan out Vuckic for the season.

And everyone will go to bed in the huff, as per.