NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If we're only getting one in then I really hope it's not Carroll. What a waste that would be.

Wasn't for Carroll not long ago but it does scare the shit out of me what will happen if Cisse and Ba are injured at the same time/go to the ACN.

If we're only getting one in then I really hope it's not Carroll. What a waste that would be.

Wasn't for Carroll not long ago but it does scare the s*** out of me what will happen if Cisse and Ba are injured at the same time/go to the ACN.

Should never be just one any way. They've had 3 transfer windows to get a central defender of a good enough standard so there's no excuse on that front. Ashley likes to gamble far too much.

Wasn't for Carroll not long ago but it does scare the s*** out of me what will happen if Cisse and Ba are injured at the same time/go to the ACN.

Agreed but Simpson starting every game for another season is just :anguish:

Wasn't for Carroll not long ago but it does scare the shit out of me what will happen if Cisse and Ba are injured at the same time/go to the ACN.

Wishful thinking but we could line someone up before January window opens to sign in the first week and that would negate the issue of the potential lack of strikers. Big ask/unlikely though.

Never fails to amuse me, the amount of people who hang on the words of Mark Douglas for no other reason than he has a Twitter account.

Makes Alan Oliver look like Carl Bernstein. Proper little Billy Bullshit.

Never fails to amuse me, the amount of people who hang on the words of Mark Douglas for no other reason than he has a Twitter account.

Makes Alan Oliver look like Carl Bernstein. Proper little Billy Bullshit.

I don't normally mind the bloke but his story 'crunch time' today is dogshit! Talking about us winning when we'r not playing well this season, and today's game is crunch time to turn us into contenders? One league game played and a reserve team in Europa league! He's Colin with a diploma in today's paper

Most of our 'top 6 rivals' have made recent addition (Sahin just joined Liverpool). I'm one of those "lets wait and see till the end of the transfer window", but this is getting uncomfortable and worrying.

We are due a good transfer deadline day transfer like.

I've said along what I think will happen. We bid for Carroll, it gets rejected, he hands in a transfer request and I don't know the rest.

"That means Cheick Tioté can go for in excess of £20m and Papiss Cissé, curiously lethargic in these opening games of the season, might be sold for around the same figure. The logic is United already have Vurnon Anita on board and could yet snap up Andy Carroll to replace Cissé."

:icon_puke_r:

If our scouts really have moved on to winter and next summer...

We have a full year to target affordable players who would bolster the XI, and we come up with a rotational defensive mid?  And that's the product of at least 6 months of trying to improve the first team?

So Anita, Carroll, Douglas and Debuchy were our targets? So much for all the Plan C for each position thing.

Douglas is possibly talking out of his arse, but the lack of signings is worrying.

"That means Cheick Tioté can go for in excess of £20m and Papiss Cissé, curiously lethargic in these opening games of the season, might be sold for around the same figure. The logic is United already have Vurnon Anita on board and could yet snap up Andy Carroll to replace Cissé."

:icon_puke_r:

Aye, that'd make me want to cough up a lung too.

Guest LJA0210

this bloke is a total moron. "not playing well but winning" weve played one game and a euro tie with fringe players. how does someone like him become a "chief" sports writer

It's sort of irrelevant really how many plans we have, if Mike isn't buying them for less than they're worth we're not getting them. It would be interesting to know who actually advises him on how much players are worth.

Exactly. What's the point of a list of 10 if we can only get one. Clearly not the scouts advising on price.