NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

For NUFC it will be quiet. Half a rumour on Friday about a new Debuchy bid and then we'll surprisingly loan out Vuckic for the season.

And everyone will go to bed in the huff, as per.

:lol: Yep. Standard.

Never say never with us, I was well fucked off after the Maiga bid fell through and it was confirmed we wouldn't be signing a player in January.

Didn't I see the Twente chairman said us and Fulham were in talks with them about Douglas, there is still the Debuchy offer on the table and I can see Carroll leaving Liverpool.

Plus one of the numerous players we have been linked with and probably forgot about could turn up out of the blue, not unlike us.

The local papers everywhere all seem to think it's the 3rd, there's some quotes from Wolves' new manager talking about getting players in before the 3rd but there's also plenty of places saying the 31st.

In conclusion: fuck knows.

Shuts later in the Football League doesnt it?

Apparently we are in talks with Twente over Douglas yes and Carroll i expect to go to the deadline one way or the other and Debuchy i think could still happen.

But if i remain pessimistic then if anything happens i get extra excited :D

Pretty much my stance.

Apparently we are in talks with Twente over Douglas yes and Carroll i expect to go to the deadline one way or the other and Debuchy i think could still happen.

But if i remain pessimistic then if anything happens i get extra excited :D

Would be made up if we managed to sign 3 players by next week but just cant see it happening.

Not minded it so much this year. Thank fuck for the Euros and Olympics.

As for the rest of it for us, I'm surprisingly relaxed for a change. Owt could happen, but I'm prepared for it this time. Which doesn't really make sense. :lol:

Not minded it so much this year. Thank f*** for the Euros and Olympics.

As for the rest of it for us, I'm surprisingly relaxed for a change. Owt could happen, but I'm prepared for it this time. Which doesn't really make sense. :lol:

dave's getting older, dave's getting older.

Guest bimpy474

I hate the transfer window.

:thup:

Getting to old for this shit.

Also, why can they not make it so the transfer window is over before the season. Like 1 aug.

Never really understood that ..

No doubt some others have said this but the window should shut before the season starts. Starting the season with players that you may or may not lose is complete nonsense.

Like you said, definitely getting too old for this shit.

Yes the window should shut before the season starts. Say the season started on a Saturday then the window should shut on the Wednesday or the Thursday night before the Saturday. I'd go with the Wednesday, that gives you the Thursday to do the press conferences for the new signings and the Friday to have some sort of training and travelling (if away) for the match the following day.

Also I would scrap the transfer window in January, make it loan deals only and have it lasting 2 weeks instead of 4 because it's just a month of upsets for clubs.

Guest bimpy474

Yes the window should shut before the season starts. Say the season started on a Saturday then the window should shut on the Wednesday or the Thursday night before the Saturday. I'd go with the Wednesday, that gives you the Thursday to do the press conferences for the new signings and the Friday to have some sort of training and travelling (if away) for the match the following day.

Pretty good shout ;), that or the Saturday before maybe.

Doubt we will sign anyone else to be honest. That's not me being negative, just realistic. Probably say the Carroll bid is still on the table and Davey Craig will be doing his best to get us all up a height but we will know he's not coming. Would love to see us push for Debuchy before the end of the window, but fear that ship has sailed.

Mark douglas' comments tonight indicate he has heard something concrete.  Reckon we might be seeing douglas and/ or debuchey before the window slams shut

Was he the one who claimed we had agreed terms with 'Debuchy's side' and that it should be completed by Tuesday or whenever it was?

If you ask me it's more 'well Sunderland fans will be out buying the papers tomorrow, hey Newcastle fans there is exciting news for you'.

Probably an update telling us there is still an offer on the table for Debuchy.