NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I questioned him this time last season on his constant scaremongering over Tiote, I was told that I 'didn't know the sources that he gets his information from'. It beggars belief that he's employed full time, I've got half a mind to walk down to  the chronicle office and apply for his job there and then.

I seriously believe that this thread is his number 1 source for NUFC-related transfer news. I imagine him sitting at his desk constantly pressing F5 in the hope that Optimistic Nut or someone else has found (and translated) som french or Dutch newspaper article on a possible transfer of a player he have never heard of.

I'm pretty sure in the old days Shepherd and Alan Oliver had a decent understanding in that the club would toss the Chronicle bones re transfer news and the paper wouldn't hammer their running of the club. Even in the desperate Souness/ Roeder eras, the paper never called out Shepherd's running of things.

All ties are cut now and basically Ryder and co don't have a clue until something concrete happens, or they read it on here first. :lol:

Pretty much.

Basically O-Nut seems to be on the ball more than them and as far as I am aware he isn't a full time (or even part time) journalist :lol:

Guest BooBoo

The Nut is simply the best go to man on NUFC transfer news.

I'm quick to criticise people on here, but Nut is a real asset to the forum. Another great summer of transfer updates.

If one of our big names do go this week without top quality coming in i'll be fuming. Ashley's real intent for the club will be evident this week.  We'll see.

Good point. I think we're about to find out if Ashley is the real deal or just not that arsed.

This is said in every transfer window, we know exactly what the policy is.

If one of our big names do go this week without top quality coming in i'll be fuming. Ashley's real intent for the club will be evident this week.  We'll see.

Good point. I think we're about to find out if Ashley is the real deal or just not that arsed.

Yep was going to say it but couldn't be bothered, as you said that line must be posted every single window.

Yep was going to say it but couldn't be bothered, as you said that line must be posted every single window.

Yes but in other recent windows had we just finished 5th in the league and only narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification, something which would increase the profile of the club and massively increase its revenue?

Difference this time should be that we have someone lined up to replace them within the given time limit. Not go in weakened because we have a policy of accepting high enough bids.

It's been mentioned before that Ashley is following the Lyon transfer model of accepting everyone has their price and accepting that 'Big Fish' will come along and poach their best players. However the big difference is they have their replacements lined up and sorted before their crown jewels are sold.

We really shouldn't find ourselves in a similar position to the Carrol January window as the masses of cash in the bank can't play for us during the following 6 months.

It's been mentioned before that Ashley is following the Lyon transfer model of accepting everyone has their price and accepting that 'Big Fish' will come along and poach their best players. However the big difference is they have their replacements lined up and sorted before their crown jewels are sold.

We really shouldn't find ourselves in a similar position to the Carrol January window as the masses of cash in the bank can't play for us during the following 6 months.

lyon would sell on the last day of the window with no replacement if they recieved a carroll type offer by which i mean and absolutely ridiculous offer imo.

Guest bimpy474

Luckily today i can get away from the transfer wonderment, I'm taking the kids and Mrs Bimpy to see "Brave".

Have to pay a bit more though, only the luxury seats fit Mrs Bimpy's arse. Last time we went standard i had to put both feet on the arms of her chair to hoy her out of it. Like playing tug of war with more a hairy Geoff Capes.

It's not a Lyon model though, it's a model used by everyone bar Barca, Real Madrid, City, Chelsea and now PSG.

Yes but in other recent windows had we just finished 5th in the league and only narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification, something which would increase the profile of the club and massively increase its revenue?

It would appear that the policy doesn't change dependent on league position.

what is the policy ?

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

it's just that people go on about this policy of us selling as soon as we can make a profit and apart from a ridiculous offer from liverpool there's little evidence to suggest that we do any different to all bar the sugar daddy clubs.

what is the policy ?

1. Collect underpants

it's just that people go on about this policy of us selling as soon as we can make a profit and apart from a ridiculous offer from liverpool there's little evidence to suggest that we do any different to all bar the sugar daddy clubs.

Not me, I was talking about incomings.