NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Brazilian newspaper reporting our interest in Marcos Rocha. Know fuck all about him except Atletico MG seems to rate him highly and that he was chosen as the best fullback of the Brasileirao this season.

Does he have a snide or otherwise European passport?

Brazilian newspaper reporting our interest in Marcos Rocha. Know f*** all about him except Atletico MG seems to rate him highly and that he was chosen as the best fullback of the Brasileirao this season.

Does he have a snide or otherwise European passport?

The Brazilian newspapers were talking about him having to obtain a work permit so that would mean in other words that he doesn't have a EU passport.

Guest hydeous

I like Steve Morse. :( Good guitarist imo. But yeah, that music doesn't belong in a football video!

Good player, considerable upgrade on Simpson! :D

Newcastle ready to make January move for West Ham midfielder Diame

Newcastle have emerged as leading contenders for West Ham midfielder Momo Diame should he leave in January.

The 23-year-old has a release clause of £3.5million. Arsenal have also shown interest in the Senegal international but their main priority is a striker with Schalke's Klaas Jan Huntelaar top of their list.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2244235/Newcastle-ready-make-January-West-Ham-midfielder-Momo-Diame.html#ixzz2EJnyPKcY

Probably a shit article.

Would've been a better bloody bargain to get him for nothing in the summer.

Can't see it. Why would we pay that when we could've had him for nothing? I assume we were very aware of him at that time.

Why would he come here? He appears to be enjoying life in London after criticising Wigan previously in the press and West Ham are doing well.

Would we pay his wages? He'll be on a pretty penny already after moving on a Bosman and especially moving between PL clubs.

Think it's total guff.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would've been a better bloody bargain to get him for nothing in the summer.

Can't see it. Why would we pay that when we could've had him for nothing? I assume we were very aware of him at that time.

Why would he come here? He appears to be enjoying life in London after criticising Wigan previously in the press and West Ham are doing well.

Would we pay his wages? He'll be on a pretty penny already after moving on a Bosman and especially moving between PL clubs.

Think it's total guff.

To get him for free you'd have had to accept the clause! Ba mk2

Guest Roger Kint

We should have signed him in the summer, was so obvious what a bargain he was.

We would have had to pay a premium on the wages but we could have got him and Clyne for a pittance :(

Like sicko says we would then all be bleating over the release clause being so low if we did. Plus Clyne said in most the papers the other week that he decided not to sign for us so not sure what you expected us to do?

Fair enough, still not sure what the release clause does for the player. I always assumed it meant they could leave to a bigger club. If he thinks we are enough to sign after we reactivated then surely he would have come here initially with more acceptable terms.

In regards to Clyne I read it more as we wouldn't meet his demands, hence why he didn't even speak to Pardew. I did suspect his wages might have been a little high though for us to bid £5m or whatever for Debuchy so fair enough.

Guest Roger Kint

Fair enough, still not sure what the release clause does for the player. I always assumed it meant they could leave to a bigger club. If he thinks we are enough to sign after we reactivated then surely he would have come here initially with more acceptable terms.

In regards to Clyne I read it more as we wouldn't meet his demands, hence why he didn't even speak to Pardew. I did suspect his wages might have been a little high though for us to bid £5m or whatever for Debuchy so fair enough.

Guess like Ba maybe West Ham didnt want to risk his full wage demands due to health concerns so his advisors have done this as the perfect bargaining chip.

Not totally sure with Clyne, sure he mentioned regular football with a team known for giving youth a chance was his main priority but could be imagining that.

Guest Roger Kint

Desperate for 2 CBs and a RB so we target another midfielder?

Well if basing our actual targets on random press stories is the way it works i look forward to the 6/7 new recruits we will be bringing in regardless of their position.

Desperate for 2 CBs and a RB so we target another midfielder?

Defending your Defenders is the best form of defence.

Having some defenders who can actually defend in the first place is probably the best place to start though.

I agree that we should prioritize a forward and a defender over a midfielder but lets not kid ourselves....

The midfield is terribly unbalanced and Cabaye's injury has shown just how much..... how many CM's do we have outside of Cabaye? not less creative players? the mere fact we are relying on Marveaux for creativity at the moment says it all.

It's ok playing with DM's like Tiote and Anita if they is someone like Cabaye in front of them but otherwise how can you expect to create chances with a midfield full of DM's?

If we can get a CM within our budget i hope we do, one of the biggest issues this season has been control and creativity.

There's no point buying defenders either if we continue to get overrun in midfield every week.

I agree that we should prioritize a forward and a defender over a midfielder but lets not kid ourselves....

The midfield is terribly unbalanced and Cabaye's injury has shown just how much..... how many CM's do we have outside of Cabaye? not less creative players? the mere fact we are relying on Marveaux for creativity at the moment says it all.

It's ok playing with DM's like Tiote and Anita if they is someone like Cabaye in front of them but otherwise how can you expect to create chances with a midfield full of DM's?

If we can get a CM within our budget i hope we do, one of the biggest issues this season has been control and creativity.

There's no point buying defenders either if we continue to get overrun in midfield every week.

At least we have passable options besides Cabaye in that position. We don't in most other areas of the pitch and as a result we have seen fucking Williamson feature more often than not this season.