NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

Gamerio looks perfect for a 4-3-3 to me. Not that it'll happen but I'd swap him for Ba in a second.

This would need a change of style from Pardew though, mind you it would be kind of funny watching someone my height trying to win some of Williamson's hoofs.

EWCASTLE’S move for Moussa Sissoko has been backed by Yohan Cabaye.

Sissoko, 23 is a free agent at Toulouse next summer but Toon could try to tie up a cut-price new year deal to avert a midfield crisis.

Fellow France international Cabaye is out injured until February after groin surgery and Cheick Tiote is set for Africa Nations Cup duty next month with Ivory Coast – meaning Toon will be looking to strengthen in January.

Cabaye said: “I don’t know if Moussa is coming here but he’s a good, strong player and good going forward.’’

Sissoko’s arrival would see United’s French legion grow to SIX with Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Gabriel Obertan, Sylvain Marveaux and Romain Amalfitano.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/288224/Get-Moussa-Sissoko-trap-ready/

Guest sicko2ndbest

If MA wants to guarantee our survival we need at least 3

RB or LB (if Santon moves to RB)

CH

Attacking midfielder

Debuchy

Douglas

Remy

The problem is (ala Anita) players foreign to the prem usually take time to bed in.

EWCASTLE’S move for Moussa Sissoko has been backed by Yohan Cabaye.

Sissoko, 23 is a free agent at Toulouse next summer but Toon could try to tie up a cut-price new year deal to avert a midfield crisis.

Fellow France international Cabaye is out injured until February after groin surgery and Cheick Tiote is set for Africa Nations Cup duty next month with Ivory Coast – meaning Toon will be looking to strengthen in January.

Cabaye said: “I don’t know if Moussa is coming here but he’s a good, strong player and good going forward.’’

Sissoko’s arrival would see United’s French legion grow to SIX with Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Gabriel Obertan, Sylvain Marveaux and Romain Amalfitano.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/288224/Get-Moussa-Sissoko-trap-ready/

Some pretty heavy backing from Cabaye there :lol:

Sure players would need a bit of time to bed in like Anita but we'd be updating the squad with genuine quality over what we have. Also the confidence and lift it would give all the players, staff and fans can't be understated, would be huge to sign some really solid players in Jan. Given the financial disaster relegation poses what with the new mega prem deal for next season you'd think it would be a no brainer for Ashley to sure us up and guarantee prem status.

If MA wants to guarantee our survival we need at least 3

RB or LB (if Santon moves to RB)

CH

Attacking midfielder

Debuchy

Douglas

Remy

The problem is (ala Anita) players foreign to the prem usually take time to bed in.

that would be a dream window.

both douglas and debuchy are realistic, right?

What is a CH?

Not all foreign players needs that much time to adjust. Michu, Ba, cisse + many more didn´t need that much time. Not even anita imo.

The only certainty about the coming window is that it will be disappointing.

In a decade of supporting football clubs home and abroad, I don't think I've ever walked away from a window thinking "alright, job done"

Errr, well, not the summer we got Cabaye and Ba. I would agree the other though.

The only certainty about the coming window is that it will be disappointing.

In a decade of supporting football clubs home and abroad, I don't think I've ever walked away from a window thinking "alright, job done"

Errr, well, not the summer we got Cabaye and Ba. I would agree the other though.

There were still position that hadn't been filled but needed to be.

It happens with all clubs though really but I completely understand where Oldtype is coming from.

I would say at that moment we just need one more striker but Best has been doing a good enough job.

Our initial expectation for last season was just a respectable mid table position and we proved to have a squad better than that (still over achieving for a 5th though).

I do understand the feeling of "there is always a weakest link within the first 11".