NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

All that's happened since we were looking forward to a good window is that Remy has chosen QPR. We've panicked to a crazy degree, but we need to hope that other targets are lined up.

Obviously the club thought the Remy deal was done, so it will be a blow they will need to recover from and find someone else. Obviously they should already have names and ideas, but they won't have deals in the advanced stages yet.

Seriously think there is no chance of us buying M'Biwa. Firstly I don't think we'd pay what Montpellier want due to our paltry spending record on central defenders since Ashley took over and he will be offer to far bigger and better things than us when he does leave.

Guest bimpy474

For the price talked about I'd take Graham in a heartbeat, averaging 1 in 2.89 games in the PL for a midtable team is pretty decent if you ask me given last year was his first.

As I said earlier though no potential value increase and he's 27 so I'd be amazed if it happened. No value n all that.

Not as straight-forward as that though IMO. Swansea provide him with good service. Ideally we need a forward who can help to provide Cisse with good service, as well as chipping in with a goal here or there.

Tiresias: I agree we are desperate, but there are lively, energetic forwards out there.

We need a Beardsley type imo, especially if Pardew is going play 4-4-......a link man, someone with intelligence to come deep and drop into little spaces. Something we seriously lack.

An AM who can play off Cisse and CF when Cisse is injured would be great considering also that outside of Remy and Aubameyang the wide man links are very uninspiring.

I'm still hoping that those Siem De Jong links have some substance to them, we would still need a winger for the left because lets face it they are all garbage but one step at a time.

Well i think we would get one AM/forward type but not another Striker to cover Cisse. Unfortunately not how Ashley works is it :(

Aye, De Jong is very good but i think we no chance as i dont think we are even looking at him, hope i'm wrong though.

Guest bimpy474

There is no smokescreens ffs, the only reason we find out about bids are because the players team who we bid on tell the media. Our board saying nothing at all, not until a player is done.

Aliadière, N'Gog and players like that are linked to us by Journo's who know as much as we do, they have to write something and as the club tells them nothing, they just make it up as they go along.

Are some people so gullible they can't see that.

There is no smokescreens ffs, the only reason we find out about bids are because the players team who we bid on tell the media. Our board saying nothing at all, not until a player is done.

Aliadière, N'Gog and players like that are linked to us by Journo's who know as much as we do, they have to write something and as the club tells them nothing, they just make it up as they go along.

Apparently they are.

We're crying out for a Marveaux-esque move or two like, just to get everything back on track. Just "boom", out of nowhere.

Not many injury prone Frenchmen who are on a free going at the moment though.

Guest bimpy474

Apparently they are.

Tragically true, but i just wish people could actually learn so common sense, for their own health like.

We're crying out for a Marveaux-esque move or two like, just to get everything back on track. Just "boom", out of nowhere.

That's true, but you know what I mean. The Cisse deal was similar (knew I should have used him as an example to avoid such pedantry :lol:).

Guest bimpy474

Don't think any proper journalists have linked us with Ngog thankfully. Just Twitter ITK crap

But it's amazing how many people suddenly start thinking it could be true. I can't find it amusing anymore.

As said, can't see us getting Mbiwa. Might be worth a shot but i just don't wanna see us waste too much time on a player we probably couldn't attract as of now. In the summer if we were prepared to pay up it might have happened.

That's true, but you know what I mean. The Cisse deal was similar (knew I should have used him as an example to avoid such pedantry :lol:).

Pedantry and toil is all I have these days :lol:

Know what you mean though, unlikely these days with so many agents involved and clubs struggling financially so trying to flush out a higher bidder.

Pedantry and toil is all I have these days :lol:

Know what you mean though, unlikely these days with so many agents involved and clubs struggling financially so trying to flush out a higher bidder.

Ha! I really hate to see you (and others) like this, but then I find myself doing exactly the same some days :laugh:

It's a fucking grim state of affairs. Like you, I can't really see it, but there's got to be some players out there with release clauses or (God forbid) some clubs that just have certain asking prices for players and aren't interested in a bidding war (like Freiburg? Athough we don't really know what went on).