NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I don't think it's too bad to be honest. I don't know by what they mean by sad little city, I'm guessing they don't know much about Newcastle and see it as a shitty small city like we do to their lesser known cities without knowing them. They go on to compliment us by saying that we achieve to be doing better than what we are now and European competition is our aim.

Has to be pretty frustrating from a French football fan's perspective. Imagine if we were one of the 2 or 3 most successful clubs in England ( :lol:) and routinely lost our best players to Dundee, Motherwell, or St. Mirren because we couldn't match the wages.

Guest VanBarduck

Has to be pretty frustrating from a French football fan's perspective. Imagine if we were one of the 2 or 3 most successful clubs in England ( :lol:) and routinely lost our best players to Dundee, Motherwell, or St. Mirren because we couldn't match the wages.

The wages are not the problem , the taxes up to 75% if you make more than a million a year are. Add to that all the salary cost and some minor taxes ...I've read than Ibrahimovic gets paid 15Meuros , but PSG actually spend 38Meuros a year for him , cause they pay all his taxes..

"These are modes, there were Arsenal, today is Newcastle, tomorrow it will be Liverpool and Chelsea. " At the beginning of January, the agent Christophe Hutteau rebelled against the will of some Newcastle players favor other French clubs. Yes, Newcastle is becoming the new preferred exile players in Ligue 1. If their Loic Remy has finally stood up, Moussa Sissoko, Massadio Haidara and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa are on track to join the Magpies this winter, in the wake of Mathieu Debuchy.

But what they please both Newcastle city a little sad northern England, and especially now plays club maintenance? For most, the dream of playing in the Premier League takes over the play for a club fighting for the title. Newcastle is also known to go by offering remuneration wage well above what they could earn in other championships. By drawing regularly L1, the Magpies dug a real groove. No thanks to Alan Pardew, the typical English coach who does not know much about our league, but thanks to Graham Carr, chief recruiters for Toons. It is he who walks the French stadiums and unearth pearls.

Especially successful in its recruitment Newcastle made in France due to the decline in the value of our players in the eyes of the biggest clubs in Europe. Penalized by the poor performance of the national team, our international no longer courted by Barca, Real Madrid, Manchester United or Chelsea, but by Newcastle, QPR, Rubin Kazan Fenerbahce. Therefore, Newcastle appears as the least bad destination for players seeking England and are reassured by the presence of elements such as Cabaye and Ben Arfa, symbols of some success in the North of England. Except that this year, the challenge will not get a European place but to stay in the first division. Is cause misunderstanding among fans who would like to see their idols shine under lights much more prestigious.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv85/chibears213/Fatboy_reacts.gif

Perfect deployment, never gets old. :lol:

Article btw:

Yoan Gouffran he will finish the season with Bordeaux? Not sure because Newcastle have officially made an offer to Girondins for the last six months of their contract attacker. A proposal of the order of 750 000 euros deemed insufficient by leaders Bordeaux that will not give less than one million euros.

Opponents Girondins group stage of the Europa League, the Magpies Alan Pardew looking to replace their center-forward Franco-Senegalese Demba Ba party in Chelsea earlier this month. After failing to win the Marseille Loïc Rémy (party Queens Park Rangers), they still prospecting in France, their championship recruitment preferred.

---

Won't be long before we have more French players than all the Ligue Un teams.

:shifty:

Guest ItalianMagpie

This is pretty much the perception of Newcastle United in Holland too I'm afraid..  :blush:

Edit: what I mean is for example when Anita came to NUFC from Ajax, you could read/hear similar derogatory stuff about Newcastle in the Dutch press.

Same in Italy.

I never understood why, probably because the media there always refer to it as an "industrial, grey and isolated city in the north east"  :hmm:

I actually love it up there  :smitten:

just been reading online and through some of the threads?  mike Ashley had an visit from 3 ghosts or something?

Can someone sum up what players we linked with from a trustworthy(ish) source? whos having medicals and who's harry kidnapped? confused aint the word.

just been reading online and through some of the threads?  mike Ashley had an visit from 3 ghosts or something?

Can someone sum up what players we linked with from a trustworthy(ish) source? whos having medicals and who's harry kidnapped? confused aint the word.

Try the very first thread in the forum.

Try the very first thread in the forum.

Normaly miss the top stickies out, my bad. cheers  :blackeye:

Just had a transfer bath™ to celebrate the insane amount of news today. Highly recommend it, especially accompanied by numerous videos of stuff from last season.

Nothing quite like watching HBA when you're in the buff.

This is pretty much the perception of Newcastle United in Holland too I'm afraid..  :blush:

Edit: what I mean is for example when Anita came to NUFC from Ajax, you could read/hear similar derogatory stuff about Newcastle in the Dutch press.

Same in Italy.

I never understood why, probably because the media there always refer to it as an "industrial, grey and isolated city in the north east"  :hmm:

This is largely because Britain is one of the most capital-centric countries in the world.

You basically have London, then - as far as foreigners are concerned - nothing else worth bothering about. France is just as bad.

re Italian press, it's funny, but if you go to, say, Milan, outside of a relatively small area in the city centre, you are quickly into some of the most depressing urban environments in western europe - great chunks of the city are taken up by housing projects that look like Caeucescu designed them.

Same in Italy.

This is largely because Britain is one of the most capital-centric countries in the world.

You basically have London, then - as far as foreigners are concerned - nothing else worth bothering about. France is just as bad.

re Italian press, it's funny, but if you go to, say, Milan, outside of a relatively small area in the city centre, you are quickly into some of the most depressing urban environments in western europe - great chunks of the city are taken up by housing projects that look like Caeucescu designed them.

And the roads are like driving on the face of the moon.

Guest neesy111

Same in Italy.

Isn't Paris like that?  Suburbs apparently look complete shite from what I've read.

Same in Italy.

aren't we viewed quite that way in this country.

Same in Italy.

That's true, outside the centre "bit" Milan is hideous, absolutely hideous

Same in Italy.

Although, on the flip side, as a filthy rich footballer, you're perfectly able to get yourself a lovely pad on Lake Como, which isn't too far away.

Same in Italy.

Milan is the only place I've wanted to cut short a holiday from.  The place is a fucking shit-tip (outside of the actual city centre).

Fucking awful place. And I live in Seaham. 

Same in Italy.

Milan is the only place I've wanted to cut short a holiday from.  The place is a f***ing s***-tip (outside of the actual city centre).

f***ing awful place. And I live in Seaham. 

milans city centre wasn't that great either. some nice bits round by that cathedral but just a modern, living , working city centre really.

Same in Italy.

Although, on the flip side, as a filthy rich footballer, you're perfectly able to get yourself a lovely pad on Lake Como, which isn't too far away.

I believe that's where Jose lived when at Inter.

Passed it on a train from Milan to Switzerland once, very nice part of the world indeed  :thup:

Same in Italy.

Milan is the only place I've wanted to cut short a holiday from.  The place is a f***ing s***-tip (outside of the actual city centre).

milans city centre wasn't that great either. some nice bits round by that cathedral but just a modern, living , working city centre really.

That's their city centre imo!

Stayed in a hotel near their main train station to the North (10 minutes from city centre) and it was about as insipid and dull as you're going to get.

People associate 'Milan' with glamour, fashion, glitz and a bit of panache. Truth is that's it's a bit of a hovel.

we sacked off 2 of our nights in Milan in favour of spending extra time in Barcelona when we Interrailed.

Not a great deal to do, expensive and quite dirty I thought.  The San Siro area is an utter dump.

Barcelona is a fabulous City  :thup:

The area around the San Giro is really terrible, dodgy as.

Same in Italy.

That's their city centre imo!

Stayed in a hotel near their main train station to the North (10 minutes from city centre) and it was about as insipid and dull as you're going to get.

People associate 'Milan' with glamour, fashion, glitz and a bit of panache. Truth is that's it's a bit of a hovel.

Milan central station is a horrible hole.

When I lived over there, you'd see junkies shooting up in broad daylight around there. My mate lived in a road along the side of the station, and used to go to work in the morning and find junkies asleep in his car.

Same in Italy.

I believe that's where Jose lived when at Inter.

Passed it on a train from Milan to Switzerland once, very nice part of the world indeed  :thup:

It is beautiful, as are all the lakes.