NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

You're right. If we didn't sign anyone else to play CB and Colo stays; I'd like to see him develop next to Colo and hopefully learn how to handle some of the bigger strikers by using some of his technique and reading of the game to snuff things out before they happen.

I would have Santon as my first choice LB still I think, Mapou is class but he should be playing CB. Probably instead of Taylor TBH.

Agree with all this. Debuchy Mapou Colo Santon is easily our best back 4 on paper.

I would have Santon as my first choice LB still I think, Mapou is class but he should be playing CB. Probably instead of Taylor TBH.

Agree with all this. Debuchy Mapou Colo Santon is easily our best back 4 on paper.

mapou should be our first chocie cb of all our options imo.

If Colo stays it's him hands down IMO.

We would need someone better in the air and stronger shoulder to shoulder to complement either of them imo. As a pair they'd be awesome against Shane Long.

We would need someone better in the air and stronger shoulder to shoulder to complement either of them imo. As a pair they'd be awesome against Shane Long.

Mapou would be awesome against Shane Long - Colo seems to have issues with the most random of strikers. Shane Long and that Swedish bloke who played at Bolton.

Ooh, Colo and Mapou as a partnership, that's actually something to look forward to for next season.

You think Pardew will drop our only "6 ft 4er" centre back, who happens to be the only English player in our starting 11?

Prepare to be extremely pissed off.

Ooh, Colo and Mapou as a partnership, that's actually something to look forward to for next season.

Bit weak for me, like. Not much competition for the high ball either.

Ha! And there's Pardew himself. Telling you exactly how it's going to be.

You think Pardew will drop our only "6 ft 4er" centre back, who happens to be the only English player in our starting 11?

Never sure when people are joking these days :lol:

Never sure when people are joking these days :lol:

The mind boggles.

Well i'm not joking. I'm not sure Mapou & Colo is a good partnership. Lacks height and power for me. Might be ok against some opposition but i would expect a player like Kenwyn Jones to have a fairly easy afternoon against them 2 tbh.

Of course, i could be wrong but that's my (current) opinion.

Well i'm not joking. I'm not sure Mapou & Colo is a good partnership. Lacks height and power for me. Might be ok against some opposition but i would expect a player like Kenwyn Jones to have a fairly easy afternoon against them 2 tbh.

Of course, i could be wrong but that's my (current) opinion.

I don't think your wrong.

@CaulkinTheTimes 23m

Nowt doing at #Nufc at moment. Unlikely to be movement until next month and doubt there'll be much. Striker(s) priority. The rest is noise.

@CaulkinTheTimes 19m

Rightly or not, club feel did main business in Jan (now no Europe to stretch). Main job is keep best players, addition or 2 and then gel.

@fnafilms 17m

@CaulkinTheTimes Are they going to "thin" the squad again though (ie get rid of squad players like Willo or Perch etc)?

@CaulkinTheTimes 8m

@fnafilms I don't know that for a fact, but from what I've read it sounds like it. Hope Perch stays in particular.

@CaulkinTheTimes 23m

Nowt doing at #Nufc at moment. Unlikely to be movement until next month and doubt there'll be much. Striker(s) priority. The rest is noise.

@CaulkinTheTimes 19m

Rightly or not, club feel did main business in Jan (now no Europe to stretch). Main job is keep best players, addition or 2 and then gel.

@fnafilms 17m

@CaulkinTheTimes Are they going to "thin" the squad again though (ie get rid of squad players like Willo or Perch etc)?

@CaulkinTheTimes 8m

@fnafilms I don't know that for a fact, but from what I've read it sounds like it. Hope Perch stays in particular.

Like clock work.

No surprise there. Pardew said as much after Sissoko, etc, came in. "We've brought summer spending forward."

Tbf I don't think we need a great influx of players.

Depends what your ambitions are. We are at least 4 quality players short.

Guest taps01

@CaulkinTheTimes 23m

@CaulkinTheTimes 19m

@fnafilms 17m

@CaulkinTheTimes 8m

Like clock work.

All the local journos seem to be coming out with the same noises. I know a lot of people feel we need a lot more players but personally if we only sign a forward and a cb as long as we didnt lose anyone and the signings were of adequate quality I would view it as a successful window.

No surprise there. Pardew said as much after Sissoko, etc, came in. "We've brought summer spending forward."

Tbf I don't think we need a great influx of players.

Depends what your ambitions are. We are at least 4 quality players short.

We're short in a couple of areas but I don't think we need anything like that. The first team is chock-full of very good players.

Sorry - it's a boring opinion that's been repeated a million times - but it's the manager that needs the upgrade.

I can't even talk about transfers these days. Beren nailed it with the comment that's in my sig. He brought Sissoko, Gouffran and Mapou into the first-team in January (three brilliant players, imo) and we were still utterly minging with players deployed out of position. It really doesn't make a difference who we sign imo.