NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Gosling is really the only surplus-to-requirements player in the squad at the moment.

Obertan will never make the grade at Newcastle, if he's on even mediocre money it's a waste.

Don't get me wrong, Obertan is a waste of time. But he's also one of the only true wide players with pace we have at the moment. It's pathetic. :lol:

I'd have no real issues with keeping him in the squad providing he was at least third choice, or something. It'd just be nice to have a big squad for a change.

That being said, if someone was daft enough to give us what we paid, it'd be no great loss.

I've lost my patience with him now, he barely even broke into the side last season despite us really needing his width. Time to cut our losses IMO.

Be interesting to see just how much is invested, not convinced it will be a lot, if Colo stays I doubt we will even go after Douglas and he is a free agent.

Hasn't he already agreed a pre-contract with someone? Probably safe to say that's dead in the water - we'd have probably been in for him the moment the season ended.

Been linked with Lazio, not sure if any this is agreed though.

Fair dos. Still, it's the sort of deal we'd wrap up immediately if we were still bothered. Scouting team must've gone off him, or something.

That's if I'm right in thinking he's unattached.

:lol: Funny.

If only it was.

That go long with the millions he's taken out previously? Think you are thinking of Shepherd who actually did take money from the club in every backhanded way possible (warehouse deal etc)

Gosling is really the only surplus-to-requirements player in the squad at the moment.

Obertan will never make the grade at Newcastle, if he's on even mediocre money it's a waste.

Don't get me wrong, Obertan is a waste of time. But he's also one of the only true wide players with pace we have at the moment. It's pathetic. :lol:

I'd have no real issues with keeping him in the squad providing he was at least third choice, or something. It'd just be nice to have a big squad for a change.

That being said, if someone was daft enough to give us what we paid, it'd be no great loss.

I've lost my patience with him now, he barely even broke into the side last season despite us really needing his width. Time to cut our losses IMO.

I'd be all for this if it wasn't likely to result in Ameobi & Ferguson being promoted to way above where they should be.

We dont NEED new players, we NEED a new manager. Failing that, in order to finish in the top half (minimum expectation) we need two forwards, depending on how we intend to play and replacements for any of our first teamers.

Guest taps01

With regards to the winger issue didnt we try signing that thauvin in Jan? Its not tje answer but maybe they will try and sign a youngster this window for that position.

I'd be all for this if it wasn't likely to result in Ameobi & Ferguson being promoted to way above where they should be.

That's it for me. :thup:

That go long with the millions he's taken out previously? Think you are thinking of Shepherd who actually did take money from the club in every backhanded way possible (warehouse deal etc)

It will go with the money he has taken out.

We dont NEED new players, we NEED a new manager. Failing that, in order to finish in the top half (minimum expectation) we need two forwards, depending on how we intend to play and replacements for any of our first teamers.

With a bit of luck we're saving money for our new manager.  In reality, we'll get niether new players or a new manager.

Mark Douglas in an interview with The Mag this month said similar i.e. that the vibe amongst agents is that they have never known the club be as quiet as this and that Ashley will finance two signings and that they will have to sell other players first before any others are bought in.

I just don't get all the fuss they made back in January about doing all their preparation for the Summer by setting up a base in Paris to recruit young players.

Maybe this is down to the poor league position and reduced revenue as a result!!  Although of course there is much greater revenue due next season.

I would have thought that if they only want two players that they already know who they are and would be making sure they were here for the first days of pre-season because they are going to have to do a hell of a lot of work on the training ground to improve upon the failings of last season. 

I am still not convinced they have learnt any lessons from last year but as long as they stay up and we keep turning up, they probably don't care.

To be honest I think we've got a pretty stacked squad other than in the areas the club have already identified and out wide. If our only business this season was to be a striker and a defender, considering what we've bought in January, I'd be satisfied. I am concerned at talk that they want to thin out the squad mind. Players like Perch and Williamson are derided by some but they do a job when called upon.

Once Pardew gets the bullet everything will look much better.

He fell out with Pardew IIRC. Basically got himself frozen out when he was playing the best stuff of his career.

We dont need a lot of new players tbh, just 2 or 3 (Striker, Winger, backup Goalie). The big problem is the cretin that manages them.

We need cover to replace Simpson or a massive upgrade in performance from Tavernier.  I'd be happy to get an up and coming keeper in to replace Harper but we had one of them and lost him.  I would like to see us bring in a new forward that can play from day 1 as well as a promising kid.  After that get shot of and replace Gosling, Shola and Jonas in that order of priority with players we can develop.  And if we are going to develop players we need to look at who and how we train these players because we're currently shit at it.

To be honest I think we've got a pretty stacked squad other than in the areas the club have already identified and out wide. If our only business this season was to be a striker and a defender, considering what we've bought in January, I'd be satisfied. I am concerned at talk that they want to thin out the squad mind. Players like Perch and Williamson are derided by some but they do a job when called upon.

Once Pardew gets the bullet everything will look much better.

I agree with much of that, especially about Perch and Williamson.  If they do get sold on then we need replacements, my problem is that we're not good at developing players at the club and we don't look anywhere near addressing that.

It will go with the money he has taken out.

What money is this then?

Absolutely, I certainly wouldn't be letting Perch go. He's the quintessential utility cover player - the sort of player a top-half Premier League squad needs. He's totally limited but he's a million miles from shit.

We won't be signing any more defenders if Coloccini stays so I really can't see why we'd entertain shipping him out. Pardew seems fairly fond of him too, given the amount of times he played in the absence of numerous injured first-teamers.

Digressing slightly, I saw Disco (I think) mention that we need a new creative CM. That's the last position I'd be looking to fill out, even if someone like Gosling goes. In Sissoko, Cabaye, Anita, Tiote (plus Bigi and Vuckic) (plus plus Jonas, Marveaux and Perch) - we've got a very tidy selection of players there. I'd only be looking to seriously invest if one of the main ones left and we were looking to change the approach.

Playing them in the right roles would be a start, like. Sissoko needs to be one of the deepest players in the front six.

Be interesting to see just how much is invested, not convinced it will be a lot, if Colo stays I doubt we will even go after Douglas and he is a free agent.

Hasn't he already agreed a pre-contract with someone? Probably safe to say that's dead in the water - we'd have probably been in for him the moment the season ended.

Been linked with Lazio, not sure if any this is agreed though.

Fair dos. Still, it's the sort of deal we'd wrap up immediately if we were still bothered. Scouting team must've gone off him, or something.

That's if I'm right in thinking he's unattached.

The story with Douglas is once his current contract expires at the end of June, many of his hanger-ons will lose their entitlement to chunks of his next signing on fee, hence why it's probably so quiet around him at the moment, although I wouldn't be surprised if he had already informally agreed his next move.

Absolutely, I certainly wouldn't be letting Perch go. He's the quintessential utility cover player - the sort of player a top-half Premier League squad needs. He's totally limited but he's a million miles from shit.

We won't be signing any more defenders if Coloccini stays so I really can't see why we'd entertain shipping him out. Pardew seems fairly fond of him too, given the amount of times he played in the absence of numerous injured first-teamers.

Digressing slightly, I saw Disco (I think) mention that we need a new creative CM. That's the last position I'd be looking to fill out, even if someone like Gosling goes. In Sissoko, Cabaye, Anita, Tiote (plus Bigi and Vuckic) (plus plus Jonas, Marveaux and Perch) - we've got a very tidy selection of players there. I'd only be looking to seriously invest if one of the main ones left and we were looking to change the approach.

Playing them in the right roles would be a start, like. Sissoko needs to be one of the deepest players in the front six.

Aye, twas me.

Only one of those you've mentioned is a creative CM (Marveaux) and he can't seem to hack/or be trusted to hack the rigours of constant football. I guess Cabaye could play there if needed but I'd be surprised if he was. To elborate I essentially want a wildcard player that can change games by himself, a Ben Arfa mk II if you wish - albeit probably not as good.

This is only applicable if we're playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or whatnot though.

What money is this then?

The £11 million Ashley took out last year to repay some of the loans we accrued because of his shit management of the club.

So he put this money in to his own pocket?

A bit dated but:

"In relation to recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to make it clear that owner Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club."

A bit dated but:

"In relation to recent media speculation following the statement made by the Club on May 9, Newcastle United would like to make it clear that owner Mike Ashley is not looking for his interest free loan to be repaid, or to take any money out of the Club."

And that is an argument for the proof of him taking money out of the club?