NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Douglas in, Williamson out would be fantastic.

Not if Colo isn't replaced.

I could live with Douglas, Mbiwa & Taylor as our CBs for next season, but it looks like Colo is staying anyway.

Douglas in, Williamson out would be fantastic.

Not if Colo isn't replaced.

Who would you have to replace him?

That's the problem, I struggle to think of anyone who WE could bring in, who would hit the ground running so we wouldn't miss Colo badly, again.

For the time being, my head's going in the sand and hoping we cling on to him another season, giving Mapou a season to get up to speed.

Payet? Sweet lord that would be amazing: (HBA - Cisse - Payet)

On the topic of Douglas; I'll welcome any top strong CB - be it Sakho or Douglas. If that means we have a real competition for the role next to Colo then that would be fantastic. If Colo was to leave then I'd say Mapou would have to step up into that roll for Colo and Sakho/Douglas/Taylor would need to be the strength next to Mapou. Personally, Taylor, and I really do like the guy - seems like the junior yet he's actually 27 now. Shame some of the mistakes he makes and the lack of discipline he shows at times given he should be entering the better part of his career as a CB.

Hopefully our issue we end up having is Willo is sold and we have a real battle between Sakho/Douglas, Taylor, Yanga Mbiwa, and Colo. Be a great problem to have and we'd easily have a strength at CB.

Had an inordinate number of assists/goals last season. I'd be all for it, even if it is another Frenchie. (Payet)

10 goals and 10 assists in 28 games according to Wiki. A little bit of YT shows that he can take a corner too  :fwap:

Wow, Payet would be fantastic if he can continue his form of this season.

Was the best french player against Brazil, only one to really cause us trouble and seemed like he would be exactly what we need.

Never been that impressed watching Payet life, but that's only happened a handful of times. Wonder why Lille are willing to sell after only two seasons? Either way, would take any tricky winger at this point.

Never been that impressed watching Payet life, but that's only happened a handful of times. Wonder why Lille are willing to sell after only two seasons? Either way, would take any tricky winger at this point.

Got nee cash like everyone else in France bar the 2 sovereign states.

Got nee cash like everyone else in France bar the 2 sovereign states.

If Cabaye were to leave, would Martin be a suitable replacement?