NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The overall sporting competition has now been made obsolete by money, so fans need to learn to enjoy every 90 minutes for its own sake.

I agree wholeheartedly with this, and for me it's reason number 1 that managers like Pardew shouldn't be given the time of day. If the point is to enjoy match days, get a manager in who lets the team play football and see what happens.

Scott Andrew Sinclair (born 25 March 1989) is an English footballer, who plays for Premier League club Manchester City as a winger, having previously played for Bristol Rovers, Chelsea, Plymouth Argyle, Queens Park Rangers, Charlton Athletic, Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Wigan Athletic and Swansea City.

If he keeps going at this rate he's going to be the answer to a lot of trivia questions by the time he retires.

Think he could have been one of the best english players around today if he had opted to start regularly at a smaller club instead of warming the bench for Chelsea and Man City.

The overall sporting competition has now been made obsolete by money, so fans need to learn to enjoy every 90 minutes for its own sake.

I agree wholeheartedly with this, and for me it's reason number 1 that managers like Pardew shouldn't be given the time of day. If the point is to enjoy match days, get a manager in who lets the team play football and see what happens.

It's a very fair point. I think (just about) that Pardew deserves the chance to see if he can produce enough enjoyable moments for us this season. The season before last, there were plenty even though people had reservations about the underlying style.

Think he could have been one of the best english players around today if he had opted to start regularly at a smaller club instead of warming the bench for Chelsea and Man City.

I think you are overrating Sinclair anyway, but he hasn't wasted that much time. Just this last season, really. He was an (expensive) youth player at Chelsea and was playing consistently at lower levels throughout his time at that club. It's easy to blame his club history, but I think he is an above average forward player, but ntohing more than that.

I think you are overrating Sinclair anyway, but he hasn't wasted that much time. Just this last season, really. He was an (expensive) youth player at Chelsea and was playing consistently at lower levels throughout his time at that club. It's easy to blame his club history, but I think he is an above average forward player, but ntohing more than that.

:thup:

Would be a canny signing for us like, giving our paucity in the wide areas. Personally I'd prefer a flying trickster to another Gouffran type but beggars can't be choosers.

Hard to know the truth about Sinclair... he has missed an important part of his development. I would still go for him at this point though, for sure.

I always look at it as in are they better than the players we have currently, with him, out of 3 seemingly starting widemen he is probably better than 2 therefore get him in if the deal isn't a rip off.

Very well said :thup:

Think we're after another out and out striker i.e. Bent, and then a wide forward i.e. Remy.

Bent should hopefully then battle Cisse, and Remy and Gouffran can cover that wide forward role.

Gouffran's more competition for Cisse, I think. He's not much good wide left.

Think we're after another out and out striker i.e. Bent, and then a wide forward i.e. Remy.

Bent should hopefully then battle Cisse, and Remy and Gouffran can cover that wide forward role.

Gouffran's more competition for Cisse, I think. He's not much good wide left.

This :thup: He seems much much better suited to the striker role than the wide role.

Here we go....

Newcastle set to buy Jeroen Zoet from PSV Eindhoven to be keeper Krul's understudy

9 Jul 2013 22:30     

Holland U21 international will presented to manager Alan Pardew as a done deal by Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley

Newcastle are swooping for PSV Eindhoven keeper Jeroen Zoet in a deal set up by new supremo Joe Kinnear.

Holland Under-21 international Zoet, who has spent the last two seasons out on loan at PSV's Dutch rivals RKC Waalwijk, is heading for Tyneside after the clubs thrashed out a £2.5 million fee.

The 22-year-old will be understudy for fellow Dutchman Tim Krul, but his arrival may increase the chances of the Geordies' highly-rated number one being sold.

The transfer is the idea of Kinnear and owner Mike Ashley - manager Alan Pardew is being handed the shot-stopper as a done deal.

Zoet’s imminent capture will raise doubts about the future of Rob Eliot, who stood in for the injured Krul over the final weeks of last season.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-jeroen-zoet-psv-2041364#ixzz2YaSLTArO

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Not something i expected to be on the forefront of the clubs thoughts this summer but i cannot complain :thup:

As long as it doesn't effect the other weak areas that need improving and providing its true of course.

I'm sure last week the club said they wouldn't sign a goalkeeper and that Alnwick would be promoted :lol:

Here we go....

Newcastle set to buy Jeroen Zoet from PSV Eindhoven to be keeper Krul's understudy

9 Jul 2013 22:30     

Holland U21 international will presented to manager Alan Pardew as a done deal by Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley

Newcastle are swooping for PSV Eindhoven keeper Jeroen Zoet in a deal set up by new supremo Joe Kinnear.

Holland Under-21 international Zoet, who has spent the last two seasons out on loan at PSV's Dutch rivals RKC Waalwijk, is heading for Tyneside after the clubs thrashed out a £2.5 million fee.

:) but his arrival may increase the chances of the Geordies' highly-rated number one being sold  :idiot2:

The transfer is the idea of Kinnear and owner Mike Ashley - manager Alan Pardew is being handed the shot-stopper as a done deal.

Zoet’s imminent capture will raise doubts about the future of Rob Eliot, who stood in for the injured Krul over the final weeks of last season.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-jeroen-zoet-psv-2041364#ixzz2YaSLTArO

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Glad if he's in to be understudy. I don't have a lot of faith in Elliot personally. he's a no 3 not a no 2 for me.

Not something i expected to be on the forefront of the clubs thoughts this summer but i cannot complain :thup:

As long as it doesn't effect the other weak areas that need improving and providing its true of course.

I'm sure last week the club said they wouldn't sign a goalkeeper and that Alnwick would be promoted :lol:

The club say a lot of things tbf :lol: