NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Rodwell £12m and Sinclair £6.2m according to Soccerbase: http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1718&teamTabs=transfers

Would be more than happy to see us offer them the same amount, or even slightly higher. Unlike Bent, he's exactly the sort of player we need.

What a f***ing joke City's signings were last season, btw. Almost £40m on basically absolutely nothing, given Sinclair/Rodwell/Garcia/Maicon all barely played. I hate them, man.

I'd gladly trade places with them though. hatred or not.

I wouldnt swap places with them

Is this Sinclair thing just a rumour on Twitter?

Started by sky bet

Sky bet drop a price, insane gamblers see a big gamble is taking place, large sums are placed, price drops further, Newcastle don't sign Sinclair and Sky Bet have made a few bob.

City's support is f***ing awful, as is Chelsea's. Our support is pretty much all we have going for us.

That's about the only thing I wouldn't swap with them. The titles and class players... yeh I'd love that.

Their club has no soul

I would go along with that, wouldn't want us to just blanket buy everyone at the expense of retaining our identity

What identity do we have at the minute? Sports Direct everywhere, Joe Kinnear, Alan Pardew? Wonga?! i fail to see what has fundamentally changed about City's identity as a club? They've grown as a worldwide brand.  Its arguably exactly the same as what we were doing in the 1990s, record transfer fees, splashing the cash. I want to see NUFC win the title, the only way you can really do that is by huge investment. You wouldn't want that "Aguerooooo" moment they had? I would

I think it's just a soulless way to be to sack a manager for getting you a Title and 2nd in the league in consecutive seasons, trying to remove competition by just blanket buying top players.

Don't get me wrong I want to see us buying good players, I don't want to see us buy the league. I would like us progress by buying a few good players and developing our own players - English or otherwise and build sustainability that way. I don't even mind if it took 10 years to get there as long as we are always progressing as a club. I hate everything about this turning into a super club overnight, Man City fans have forgotten where they have come from as well, they now expect the world and have lost some of their identity with the "new fans" that have emerged - fucking city tops on kids in my street as well as Chelsea. used to be nufc tops or the scum's "spit", it's not right and the parents are not making their kids suffer enough, if I suffer my kids are suffering by supporting us. My Dad ruined my football life and i'm determined to do the same to my kids :)

Chelsea fans are pathetic the way they went on with Rafa last season but I fucking detest Man City's support. They've got a massive chip on their shoulder because of Man Utd and because of that now they've bought success that has increased even further.

City's support is f***ing awful, as is Chelsea's. Our support is pretty much all we have going for us.

That's about the only thing I wouldn't swap with them. The titles and class players... yeh I'd love that.

Credit where credit us due even in the third tier they were pulling in 30 odd thousand . They may be arseholes but they are loyal arseholes.

Credit where credit us due even in the third tier they were pulling in 30 odd thousand . They may be arseholes but they are loyal arseholes.

True their past attendances were decent (although i'm sure i'v read some shocking stats regarding there past crowds somewhere, when someone was having a pop at ours) but how often do they fill Eastlands? Sure it's not as much as they should.

I'd like to think if we were in their position we'd still retain the best aspect of the club.

The chelsea fans are far worse imo though and they optimise the modern corporate sell out of clubs.

True their past attendances were decent (although i'm sure i'v read some shocking stats regarding there past crowds somewhere, when someone was having a pop at ours) but how often do they fill Eastlands? Sure it's not as much as they should.

I'd like to think if we were in their position we'd still retain the best aspect of the club.

Our best aspect is our fans. I wouldn't want the glory seekers rocking up when we do well. I also think you lose a bit of your soul if your always winning, there has to be a balance. yes I want trophies but winning them all every season would get a bit boring, where is the competition.

I would love the premier league to be about more than 2-3 clubs winning the league but that's where the money is (Chelsea/Man City) or a club being built up in Man U (Also spent a bit though). Arsenal was a class model but have fallen behind because of unwillingness to just buy experienced top players.

Spurs may progress further on with their latest purchases, but there is something to like about the way Spurs do things as well. They are spending now because they have the money, although i suspect Bale will go

The chelsea fans are far worse imo though and they optimise the modern corporate sell out of clubs.

Agree about Chelsea, they struggled to get 20 thousand even in the early days of the Premier League. Horrid club and its fans.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You used to get Chelsea fans who wouldn't count the goals scored by black players....

Nice bunch.

Chelsea fans are unbelievably arrogant about their stature when it wasn't long ago they were just a scruffy club from London who always flattered to deceive. ffs we almost got John Terry to come here, thats how crap they were. They genuinely do have really short memories.

The abuse they gave Rafa last season was just stupid, they will not criticise the owner for fear he decides to fuck off somewhere else, thus reverting to what they were before.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You used to get Chelsea fans who wouldn't count the goals scored by black players....

Nice bunch.

:lol: I never knew that

Oh aye. :lol:

This was still premier league era too. Horrible gets man.

Nice bunch.

:lol: I never knew that

Oh aye. :lol:

This was still premier league era too. Horrible gets man.

Did they relegate themselves as well :lol:

Given that they want to increase it's capacity I reckon it must be quite often.

Of all the nouveau riche clubs City are the ones I feel least bad-will towards. They've been through some shitty times and have maintained decent support throughout. Most of their support are decent, genuine football fans and are simply enjoying the good times whilst they can, fully aware that they don't last forever.

This kind of conversation really is the realm of the loser and you can tell just how deflated we are as a club right now that were having to resort to slagging off other clubs' support to make ourselves feel better. It's really quite sad.

It's not about fans for me. All successful clubs will attract glory hunters. More than that, the support any club has is a complete accident of geography in the most part. I never understood how/why clubs are criticised or praised for their levels of support.

The buying success thing is more about the principle. We pretend that Man City or Chelsea have done amazingly well in winning the league, when in reality their Sheik/Oligarch went out and bought a dream team to do it.

This is why I'm more happy to accept seasons where we have good moments and likeable players, and not so bothered about the long-term. The overall sporting competition has now been made obsolete by money, so fans need to learn to enjoy every 90 minutes for its own sake.

It's not about fans for me. All successful clubs will attract glory hunters. More than that, the support any club has is a complete accident of geography in the most part. I never understood how/why clubs are criticised or praised for their levels of support.

The buying success thing is more about the principle. We pretend that Man City or Chelsea have done amazingly well in winning the league, when in reality their Sheik/Oligarch went out and bought a dream team to do it.

This is why I'm more happy to accept seasons where we have good moments and likeable players, and not so bothered about the long-term. The overall sporting competition has now been made obsolete by money, so fans need to learn to enjoy every 90 minutes for its own sake.

:thup: very well put.

I'd love us to have a bunch of glory hunting fans.  What drives Man Utd and Liverpools huge revenues isn't mancs or scousers, it's those glory fans that everyone is so happy to denigrate.

Chelsea and Man City are growing in global stature with their success and people all over the world are starting to support them.  Hell, some of the parents here are even Arsenal fans.  That's the kind of profile we need if we want to play with the big boys.