NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Toptoon's not the brightest poster on the wall but he's right about Taylor and Colo being our best partnership and certain strikers having a field day against Colo and MYM.

Based on your own conjecture. It's not like Taylor is some sort of Vidic type that dominates big burly centre forwards either. Benteke had a field day against him at Villa Park.

no he didn't. taylor was taking a load of flak on here at the time and so any poor play by him was magnified (the way this place often does with players who aren't forum faves). Tyalor was OK that day, looked rusty but if benteke had a field day it's one of the worst field days i've seen.

And the fact the PL now has a shortage of physical hardmen strikers. Game has completely changed from say 10/15 year ago. I think Colo/MYM could would perfectly well.

The strikers of today are far better athletes; stronger and quicker. It's not about who likes elbowing defenders.

If any league should be known for its atheltic forwards it is Ligue 1, and Yanga-Mbiwa is our most athletic centreback by far. I don't think Taylor provides anything more physically than Yanga-Mbiwa offers. He is however, a much more experienced player in this league and a better pure defender. I'm fairly confident in all three of our centrebacks when they are fit. In fact, I quite like the players we have in defence. We really need both of our fullbacks to perform consistently next season though, because neither did last season despite all of their talent.

Guest Lalasialex

Stay fit and play the same players again and again...

That worked out two seasons ago..

With Simpson, Colo, Saylor and Raylor...

We started loosing when they split up..

Taylor vs Mbiwa? As long as the back four is drilled together I think it'll work out fine..

Taylor vs Mbiwa? As long as the back four is drilled together I think it'll work out fine..

What does 31 stand for?

And the fact the PL now has a shortage of physical hardmen strikers. Game has completely changed from say 10/15 year ago. I think Colo/MYM could would perfectly well.

The strikers of today are far better athletes; stronger and quicker. It's not about who likes elbowing defenders.

If any league should be known for its atheltic forwards it is Ligue 1, and Yanga-Mbiwa is our most athletic centreback by far. I don't think Taylor provides anything more physically than Yanga-Mbiwa offers. He is however, a much more experienced player in this league and a better pure defender. I'm fairly confident in all three of our centrebacks when they are fit. In fact, I quite like the players we have in defence. We really need both of our fullbacks to perform consistently next season though, because neither did last season despite all of their talent.

MBiwa has proven nothing thus far that suggests him to be our most athletic centreback in terms of strength and jumping ability. He has really not shown to be very strong and has been outmuscled everytime he has played a physically bigger player than him. For me he's more of Colo's replacement than his partner, although I'd love to have both working together since they're our two best central defender. But as of evidence until now Colo-Saylor has shown more potential.

Alan?

Same goes with the Jonas theory eh?

Guest Lalasialex

What does 31 stand for?

31?

And Alan?

Don't know...

It's only IMO

Would take McCarthy any day of the week, fear he's meant to be Cabayes replacement mind.

wrong McCarthy or the strangest idea ever from JFK

(wouldn't be surprised if JFK signed him thinking he got James McCarthy the Wigan midfielder)

I guess the reason we are the only Premiership team not to make a proven signing is that our wonderful DofF is on his jollies. Bit of a vicious circle - don't want the senile old git back but we might not get anyone "over the line" until he does. Scary stuff.

Would take McCarthy any day of the week, fear he's meant to be Cabayes replacement mind.

Yeah, and we might re-sign harper to play up front.

Good point, badly made. Harps plays striker.

I guess the reason we are the only Premiership team not to make a proven signing is that our wonderful DofF is on his jollies. Bit of a vicious circle - don't want the senile old git back but we might not get anyone "over the line" until he does. Scary stuff.

Its probably more due to the fact we spent all that time chasing Aubameyang only for him to go to Dortmund.

One of this clubs major issues is it doesn't react well to rejection and seems to take a while to move on to back up targets.

Hopefully the summer won't pass us by like last time  :(