NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

everyone's overpaying for dross

but we're not even bringing anyone in

The torment of existence weighed against the horror of nonbeing. As the window progresses our plight will become more poignant.

Guest Phil K

The feeling of nothingness....a sense of non-being.....the unnatural quiet,  the unspoken horror of Kinnearism....

You sense someone should be there, but isn't ....that others are laughing at you.....the overwhelming desire to stab Ashley and Kinnear in their fat necks.....

You've entered.....

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr166/PhilK001/TheTwilightZoneLogo_zps56ff4cef.png

need some positivity man, well played :lol:

Just look at our side in general, think about our players, think about our potential starting 11 even if we didn't sign anyone but kept everyone, how many teams would you swap it for? Norwich/Swansea/Southampton? (These are the ones everyone keeps banging on about). Last season was a complete write off, yes Pardew made a lot of mistakes last year, the players never had a run of confidence, we seem to brush of the fact we did have a lot injuries and the Europa league was a distraction regardless if different players played Thursday/Sunday, we brush this off as Pardew pointed this out to be a problem so we say it's an excuse.  I don't see how anyone looking out our team strongly believes we won't be near top 10, personally i have no doubt we will be in it, i can't see us hitting the heights of 5th but with our team as it stands, it's still a fucking good one nonetheless. Couple of signings would be nice to give us all a massive boost, we don’t expect anything from Man City so as long as we don’t get a tanking we have the fixtures to get off to a very good start then from there on anything is possible once good momentum and confidence is flowing.

Guest Phil K

I don't see the excitement of Scott Sinclair, always looked an average footballer to me.

Maybe - but that's the type of player the club will sign now...

If we sign anyone at all. Also: Carr signs attractive players and we give them to a pair of pillocks who couldn't find work in the bottom 2 divisions before Ashley offered them a Prem club.

It never ceases to amaze me. Pardew and Kinnear. BRENTFORD wouldn't give them the job they've got at Newcastle.

Guest reefatoon

I have to applaud the people on here with any shred of positivity or hope for the coming season, they are clearly better supporters than me.  I just can't get myself the slightest bit excited for what is a complete mess and shambles of a club.  From top to bottom, the whole place stinks, lessons are never learned season after season and I really struggle to find any kind of enjoyment out of NUFC these days.  It just all reeks of total amateurish, penny pinching rubbish.  Thank god for this place though, and it is great to see fans still with a bit of excitement and hope.  I just hope my interest can come back once that cunt of an owner fucks off.

Guest chopey

Totally agree, this is the first season ever I have been this dis-heartened about pre season and taking my seat for the west ham game

It is a bit worrying that S'hampton/Norwich/Swansea/L'pool are dropping big figures on players to improve their squads.

I know a number of ours are on decent wages. But Cisse was the last player we spent 10m+ to sign. I don't want us to waste money but we do need to invest. Everybody else is stepping it up.

I look at our players and think we need one player (forward to play around cisse) to have a very good team and a decent bench with everyone fit (if a bit short after that).

last season we were massively disjointed ,pardews fault till ba left, then with remy falling through and aubameyang bid turned down it left us that position short and trying things to cover it that didn't work.

Guest chopey

Has anyone worked out with the new sky deal, sponsorship and other income what sort of a budget we should have ? it must be at least £20 million

Guest icemanblue

Has anyone worked out with the new sky deal, sponsorship and other income what sort of a budget we should have ? it must be at least £20 million

Works out at roughly £24.86m, mate. Give or take a few quid, obviously. I'm not really an expert.

You get an extra £20-40 million from the improved tv deal alone. That's how those 'lesser' clubs are spending their way so far.