NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I have to applaud the people on here with any shred of positivity or hope for the coming season, they are clearly better supporters than me.  I just can't get myself the slightest bit excited for what is a complete mess and shambles of a club.  From top to bottom, the whole place stinks, lessons are never learned season after season and I really struggle to find any kind of enjoyment out of NUFC these days.  It just all reeks of total amateurish, penny pinching rubbish.  Thank god for this place though, and it is great to see fans still with a bit of excitement and hope.  I just hope my interest can come back once that c*** of an owner f***s off.

I wouldn't say it's clearly better supporters, but it's sad to read that the life of Newcastle United inside of you is being drained away and i can certainly see why. Ashley is a cunt, i'll back almost any manager underneath him (not JFK) as i can't begin to think what a fucking struggle it must be with him as boss, one of the main reasons why i backed Pardew to stay was simply because i don't trust the cunt in the slightest to bring in anyone which wouldn't cause a bigger stir. On the flip side of things though, actually on the pitch, considering we were in the championship just a few year ago, we have built up a side filled with quality, if we can get a couple of nice signings in, obviously a top winger/striker would be a joy, actually on the pitch there isn't much we have to be too concerned about and for that i'm actually genuinely looking forward to entering SJP again come the start of the season.

As always, im excited by next season.

And I honestly believe, that we will knock it out the park this season.

Ben Arfa to play 80% of all games. Cisse will come good (20 goals), and team will finish top 8.

*hides*

need some positivity man, well played :lol:

Just look at our side in general, think about our players, think about our potential starting 11 even if we didn't sign anyone but kept everyone, how many teams would you swap it for? Norwich/Swansea/Southampton? (These are the ones everyone keeps banging on about). Last season was a complete write off, yes Pardew made a lot of mistakes last year, the players never had a run of confidence, we seem to brush of the fact we did have a lot injuries and the Europa league was a distraction regardless if different players played Thursday/Sunday, we brush this off as Pardew pointed this out to be a problem so we say it's an excuse.  I don't see how anyone looking out our team strongly believes we won't be near top 10, personally i have no doubt we will be in it, i can't see us hitting the heights of 5th but with our team as it stands, it's still a f***ing good one nonetheless. Couple of signings would be nice to give us all a massive boost, we don’t expect anything from Man City so as long as we don’t get a tanking we have the fixtures to get off to a very good start then from there on anything is possible once good momentum and confidence is flowing.

Look again at the sides you have quoted - yes, we may have better players but lets be honest - most of us would swap Pardew for at least 2 of those teams' manager.

You can have all the decent players you want - and we are far from perfect throughout the side - but if you have a crap manager its just a waste of talent. Pardew is still here and even if he goes, we are unlikely to get a half-decent replacement unless Ashley has worked something out with, say, Poyet.

Kinnear doesn't count....

Don't worry, Joe's back from his holiday soon then we'll really see some action.

I don't see why it's been stopping us in anyway, he only went to Whitey Bay caravan park, heck I saw him in the queue at Delaval ices the other day.

Just look at our side in general, think about our players, think about our potential starting 11 even if we didn't sign anyone but kept everyone, how many teams would you swap it for? Norwich/Swansea/Southampton? (These are the ones everyone keeps banging on about). Last season was a complete write off, yes Pardew made a lot of mistakes last year, the players never had a run of confidence, we seem to brush of the fact we did have a lot injuries and the Europa league was a distraction regardless if different players played Thursday/Sunday, we brush this off as Pardew pointed this out to be a problem so we say it's an excuse.  I don't see how anyone looking out our team strongly believes we won't be near top 10, personally i have no doubt we will be in it, i can't see us hitting the heights of 5th but with our team as it stands, it's still a f***ing good one nonetheless. Couple of signings would be nice to give us all a massive boost, we don’t expect anything from Man City so as long as we don’t get a tanking we have the fixtures to get off to a very good start then from there on anything is possible once good momentum and confidence is flowing.

Look again at the sides you have quoted - yes, we may have better players but lets be honest - most of us would swap Pardew for at least 2 of those teams' manager.

You can have all the decent players you want - and we are far from perfect throughout the side - but if you have a crap manager its just a waste of talent. Pardew is still here and even if he goes, we are unlikely to get a half-decent replacement unless Ashley has worked something out with, say, Poyet.

We sacked Hughton and Pochettino has done fuck all as a manager as far as i'm concerned. Oh so he came in and played some pretty football when Adkins was sacked, got a few decent results and finished safely. Jury is still out on him, he's splashing the cash, just paid something like 13 million for a bloke from the SPL, lets all panic.

Not saying Pardew is the one, like ive stated previously, i just don't trust Ashley to bring anyone else in who wouldn't cause this forum to go into meltdown (not that it takes much). I'm happy we have kept him on, im willing to write off last season, he's had one good/one bad and next season is where he should be evidently judged. Saying that, he could finish 5th again yet still people would say it's a fluke, or it's Pardew so we want him out. No matter what he does a section of fans will always hate him, each to their own.

I have to applaud the people on here with any shred of positivity or hope for the coming season, they are clearly better supporters than me.  I just can't get myself the slightest bit excited for what is a complete mess and shambles of a club.  From top to bottom, the whole place stinks, lessons are never learned season after season and I really struggle to find any kind of enjoyment out of NUFC these days.  It just all reeks of total amateurish, penny pinching rubbish.  Thank god for this place though, and it is great to see fans still with a bit of excitement and hope.  I just hope my interest can come back once that c*** of an owner f***s off.

I suspect that around 55% of the fans - at least - share your views.

Ashley is in for a shock when the 3 year ST period runs out unless he pulls off something spectacular before the season starts because I can see another wasted season if this squad is what the club intend to rely on until Christmas......MINUS Cabaye, of course....

Ashley is in for a shock when the 3 year ST period runs out unless he pulls off something spectacular before the season starts because I can see another wasted season if this squad is what the club intend to rely on until Christmas......MINUS Cabaye, of course....

We have a good set of players, the threat of relegation's off our back for now, a new season is starting. I'm surprised everyone isn't looking forward to the kick off. Aye, the Kinnear thing has been an embarrassment, but once the football starts we can forget about that. I don't see any reason to expect another season like last.

We have a good set of players, the threat of relegation's off our back for now, a new season is starting. I'm surprised everyone isn't looking forward to the kick off. Aye, the Kinnear thing has been an embarrassment, but once the football starts we can forget about that. I don't see any reason to expect another season like last.

:pokerface:

Aye, the Kinnear thing has been an embarrassment, but once the football starts we can forget about that. I don't see any reason to expect another season like last.

:pokerface:

once the football starts 

http://www.onepennysheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/jump_off_cliff-e1356924152753.jpg

Guest reefatoon

Nothing has changed for the better so far though Ian.  A couple of fringe players have left and a raving lunatic has been brought in.  We still have the exact same personnel as last season who underperformed so spectacularly.  There has been no one brought in so far in boost the squad, give them a bit of confidence for the coming season. So far there is just nothing there to say the coming season is going to be any better.

Nothing has changed for the better so far though Ian.  A couple of fringe players have left and a raving lunatic has been brought in.  We still have the exact same personnel as last season who underperformed so spectacularly.  There has been no one brought in so far in boost the squad, give them a bit of confidence for the coming season. So far there is just nothing there to say the coming season is going to be any better.

Things have changed for the better though, mainly a break to refresh, the chance to regroup, and the spiral of decline broken.

We have the same personnel as last season, but the new signings only played since Jan. Also, they are the same personnel who finished 5th as well.

I'm not predicting an amazing season, but I don't believe we'll be as bad as last either. The level of negativity is staggering at times.

Things have changed for the better though, mainly a break to refresh, the chance to regroup, and the spiral of decline broken.

We have the same personnel as last season, but the new signings only played since Jan. Also, they are the same personnel who finished 5th as well.

I'm not predicting an amazing season, but I don't believe we'll be as bad as last either. The level of negativity is staggering at times.

Pardew's still here and JFK has been appointed. Tell me how that's for the better?

This

Without sound investment in the first team, what will change? We were shite all last season & the back end of the season before. As I see it, you input the same variables into the same equation, you get the same outcome.

What frustrates me is the line of thought that we were an outstanding team the season before. We were not. We were a decent team much of whose wins involved world class strikes & fortuitous defending.

As it stands, the only addition to the club that stands to have a tangible effect on the field is JFK.

Top Fucking banana eh!?

I accept that our biggest challenge for next season we will be to survive. It is, however, soul destroying to know that, even before pre-season, we have no chance of winning a cup.

I`m fucking sick of it me.

Teams to tend to get judged on what they did the season before, not on what they did a couple or a few years ago. There does tend to be a good reason for that too.

Pardew's still here and JFK has been appointed. Tell me how that's for the better?

JFK's not for the better obviously, that's probably going to be awful.

Pardew is the same as last season, with the slight chance he's learned something. That could go either way.

I wasn't saying everything was positive.

Pardew is the same as last season, with the slight chance he's learned something. That could go either way.

No, but we can forget about it when the football starts!

Or, more likely, we will get more frustrated and more annoyed at the lack of players and the shite tactics.

No, but we can forget about it when the football starts!

Or, more likely, we will get more frustrated and more annoyed at the lack of players and the shite tactics.

I don't get why you're arguing. All I've said is that when there's actually football being played the JFK thing will be less important.

I've admitted Pardew could go either way, that remains to be seen. It's possible we'll be frustrated as well, of course. I just think last season was exceptionally bad and we're likely to see an overall improvement.

I look at our players and think we need one player (forward to play around cisse) to have a very good team and a decent bench with everyone fit (if a bit short after that).

last season we were massively disjointed ,pardews fault till ba left, then with remy falling through and aubameyang bid turned down it left us that position short and trying things to cover it that didn't work.

We did actually strengthen the squad considerably in January so my view is also that if we can sign a quality striker and left winger we'll be well placed to challenge top 10 no problem. But I agree with merlin, the main problem is Pardew and he's still here. Bringing in Kinnear has just doubled up on the incompetency rather than address the problem. The type of players we are buying need a management structure which understands technical football and how to get the best from those type of players.

We sacked Hughton and Pochettino has done f*** all as a manager as far as i'm concerned. Oh so he came in and played some pretty football when Adkins was sacked, got a few decent results and finished safely. Jury is still out on him, he's splashing the cash, just paid something like 13 million for a bloke from the SPL, lets all panic.

Not saying Pardew is the one, like ive stated previously, i just don't trust Ashley to bring anyone else in who wouldn't cause this forum to go into meltdown (not that it takes much). I'm happy we have kept him on, im willing to write off last season, he's had one good/one bad and next season is where he should be evidently judged. Saying that, he could finish 5th again yet still people would say it's a fluke, or it's Pardew so we want him out. No matter what he does a section of fans will always hate him, each to their own.

Pochettino came into a new league, couldn't speak the language and didn't have anything LIKE the budget Pardew had in January ; he took over from a manager who was popular with the fans and won them over by playing decent football - far better than that displayed by Pardew's teams.

How you can say he has achieved f - all is beyond me...I notice you conveniently avoided talking about Laudrup...! I said we most people would probably take 2 of the managers, so Hughton doesn't count ; I thought that would be obvious.

Also obvious is Pardew's previous CVs.....you seem quite prepared to view all that as an aberration and his one decent season with us(even though the football was largely poor)as a demo of his real ability.

Sorry - I'm not buying that and I reckon most other fans won't either.

Do people think it's advantageous to get signings in for the start of pre-season or is it over-played?

If it's advantageous why do we rarely bother doing so and in the instance of this pre-season, why have we put a self-imposed delay on matters with Kinnear's holiday?

Do people think it's advantageous to get signings in for the start of pre-season or is it over-played?

If it's advantageous why do we rarely bother doing so and in the instance of this pre-season, why have we put a self-imposed delay on matters with Kinnear's holiday?

We did it once and finished 5th.