NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I remember one game towards the end of last season when he was right-back and he still favoured cutting inside. Maybe he just naturally prefers getting to the byline and pulling it back rather than whipping a cross in.

That reminds me of Jonas playing on the right, stopping the ball, then using his left foot to cross it in.

Was truly a facepalm moment. :lol:

It's just over-thinking things to want Santon anywhere other than LB. He's good there, he seems to like it, yes he cuts in a bit much but coaching and a LW who can go outside will help. I would concentrate on addressing the stuff that's actually a problem.

It's just over-thinking things to want Santon anywhere other than LB. He's good there, he seems to like it, yes he cuts in a bit much but coaching and a LW who can go outside will help. I would concentrate on addressing the stuff that's actually a problem.

:thup:

I dont think the cutting is a problem.

Watch Baines do the "under-lap" - always loads of space there.

I agree. He is a good attacking LB and should be nurtured there. Still young, and gaining loads of experience

My concern is that cutting inside seems to be his only option at the moment. He really cannot hit a cross with his left foot.

Guest neesy111

Ben Arfa also cuts in all the time. No issues there....

I have an issue with that tbh, but it's because I don't think he's a winger.

When you cut in, by definition you are attacking the defenders weaker side.

Would it be great to have a 2 footed attacker, yes. It would be great to have someone who was awesome all round, but ill accept Santon at LB, and Ben Arfa at RW

Attacking from deep suits Santon, further forward I think he would have less space and struggle. Only one way to find out though. Also think he is much better on left than right back. Btw seriously are we no closer to signing anyone. Bairn born on Wed so wirlwind few and only really checking now and cant believe its the same shit :lol:

The LW supply line is still not being addressed or even recognised as an area which needs rectifying. That's the issue for me and I think it will cause problems again next season, unless Remy likes playing out wide. He seems more like a genuine striker to me, but maybe he'll be able to do a job.

Attacking from deep suits Santon, further forward I think he would have less space and struggle. Only one way to find out though. Also think he is much better on left than right back. Btw seriously are we no closer to signing anyone. Bairn born on Wed so wirlwind few and only really checking now and cant believe its the same s*** :lol:

We usually sit really deep anway lulzz

Guest bimpy474

Attacking from deep suits Santon, further forward I think he would have less space and struggle. Only one way to find out though. Also think he is much better on left than right back. Btw seriously are we no closer to signing anyone. Bairn born on Wed so wirlwind few and only really checking now and cant believe its the same shit :lol:

Well done pops ;)

Well done pops ;)

Aye, congratulations!

I don't have any issues with Ben Arfa cutting in because we have Debuchy adding width on the outside.

That's the problem with the left side, with Santon cutting in you need a LW going on the outside.

My feelings as well basically. If we buy someone to play on the left, it would be a massive advantage if they were left footed.

I don't have any issues with Ben Arfa cutting in because we have Debuchy adding width on the outside.

That's the problem with the left side, with Santon cutting in you need a LW going on the outside.

Basically yes. I wonder if anyone has even identified this at the club? Pardew has made plenty of noise about strikers but he's been fairly quiet on wide players.