NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Brendan_Rice

He plays in the hole mostly. He operates nearer the box, he's not a CM like Cabaye. But I suppose with Sissoko and Tiote it would be a decently balanced midfield.

Thats handy he'll find plenty of holes in our team

:D class

Based on what I saw at Milan he's twice the player Cabaye is on his very best day.

I think you must be lying here, because he was nowhere near good enough for Milan man. Looked a pace to slow and didn't ever seem to care, sure I didn't watch all of his games or so, but you can't seriously have seen a lot to say that. His best football came probably at Bordeaux the season after he left Milan.

Based on what I saw at Milan he's twice the player Cabaye is on his very best day.

I think you must be lying here, because he was nowhere near good enough for Milan man. Looked a pace to slow and didn't ever seem to care, sure I didn't watch all of his games or so, but you can't seriously have seen a lot to say that. His best football came probably at Bordeaux the season after he left Milan.

Whether or he is or he isn't, he's right on his best day he's a much better player very different however.

Whether or he is or he isn't, he's right on his best day he's a much better player very different however.

Oh absolutely, but I just thought using Milan where he was nowhere near good enough as an example was a bit weird. Gourcuff on his best days is an amazing player. Haven't seen him for the past 18months or so though.

I would say he was a better player. How long ago since Gourcuff last had a good season?

He was good for first 6 months last season before a injury set him back.

Then before that i'd say the season he carried Bordeaux to the league.

He's definitely an inconsistent player maybe he needs a change of scenary... i.e. leave France.

Suppose we have to look like we're doing something now, so leak some shit to the local journo.

Absolute bollocks that like.

Doesn't even have any 'the Journal understands' nonsense to get excited about. :lol:

He's a hugely gifted player imo if a little soft. Think he needs a new challenge away from Lyon but he needs his head checking if he wants that here.

Sounds like a waste of time, especially if he isn't keen on coming here. Maybe this is just a smokescreen for a more under the radar signing like Fernandes? Plus it will piss off Arsenal who might lose out to PSG for Cabaye and be in for Gourcuff as well.

Yes.

I don't lie. Whenever I saw him for Milan he looked exactly what we need through the middle right now. A much, much better fit than Cabaye.

I don't lie. Whenever I saw him for Milan he looked exactly what we need through the middle right now. A much, much better fit than Cabaye.

I'm sorry but...

:papiss:

TBF a Gourcuff-Sissoko-Anita midfield would be better than anything else we could put out right now (though Gourcuff-Sissoko-Cabaye would be the best).

If you see Gourcuff as an improvement at AM over Marveaux (which he probably is) instead of a replacement for Cabaye (a CM), it's not bad.

Problem with Gourcuff is that going off what I've seen him these years in the CL with Lyon (and his Ligue stats don't suggest otherwise), his best days seem to be further and further spaced. Yesterday he was truly ineffectual against Real Sociedad, and Real Sociedad didn't actually dominate the game despite the scoreline.