January transfer aperture ceases to exist!

Benwell Lad
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We somehow came out of this month better off, nobody gone and a big fee on a very good striker and over half of the poll are just 'content'? Fucking hell, bet most of those voters were pissing their pants the last 2 months at us selling Ba/Colo/Krul/Tiote etc this window as well  :idiot2:

:thup:

I'm not happy about Perch playing in defence when it's going to cost us points and it's so easy to see it coming, nobody will be happy when it happens.

Not sure why everyone's concentrating on next season as if it's more important when we probably won't be in this position, we definitely won't start as well and the top 6 are unlikely to be as bad.

Guest Dr_Delirium

who the fck is unhappy?

Jesus, we signed a striker that we've been crying out for since Caroll left.

We needed a defender but when have we in recent times been held to ransom on a player.

One can argue that Ba was already the answer to Caroll, but happy with our new number 9.

But the CB. If the price was too high, they could of signed someone on loan. It didn't have to be a world class CB, just cover (I can't imagine it's really hard to find a CB better than Perch). If Wolves could get someone like Bassong, why couldn't we? 

who the fck is unhappy?

Jesus, we signed a striker that we've been crying out for since Caroll left.

We needed a defender but when have we in recent times been held to ransom on a player.

One can argue that Ba was already the answer to Caroll, but happy with our new number 9.

But the CB. If the price was too high, they could of signed someone on loan. It didn't have to be a world class CB, just cover (I can't imagine it's really hard to find a CB better than Perch). If Wolves could get someone like Bassong, why couldn't we? 

we needed a striker before selling carroll

I think if we got Cisse on the last day, people would have been more happy.

I think a CB is important, but dont see getting Mariappa as important. Him and Perch are arguably on par with each other. Why do we need another Perch?

This forum never fails to suprise me with some of the negativity that comes from it. We lose our striker on the last day of the windew last year and the forum goes mental, a year on we sign a new number 9 and don't lose any key men and the forum still isn't happy because we never signed a fekin 2 million pound championship centre halve.

This forum never fails to suprise me with some of the negativity that comes from it. We lose our striker on the last day of the windew last year and the forum goes mental, a year on we sign a new number 9 and don't lose any key men and the forum still isn't happy because we never signed a fekin 2 million pound championship centre halve.

its just extremely frustrating, as we only have 2 fit CBs. One (god forbid colo) gets injured,we're fucked. It could be the difference between getting into europe

Had to vote unhappy.  Not actually unhappy but neither content, more of a ho-hum really.  We came into the transfer window desperate for cover at centre half and have ended up with the striker which was needed prior to the January window last year. 

Long term it's a decent window that means that we should, all going well, have a transfer window in the summer where we can supplement the squad and replace some of the dead-wood.  Short term though we're one injury or suspension away from seeing a hell of a lot of James Perch at centre half.

I think a CB is important, but dont see getting Mariappa as important. Him and Perch are arguably on par with each other. Why do we need another Perch?

Perch didn't even have a regular position at Forest. Williamson would be the obvious comparison.

its just extremely frustrating, as we only have 2 fit CBs. One (god forbid colo) gets injured,we're f***ed. It could be the difference between getting into europe

But on the flip side of things if Ba got injured we were left with shola which definitely hinder our progress to Europe. I would much rather have a striker in than a CB, we signed Perch for cover from a championship side and who is to say this lad is any better? I can't say because i've never noticed him before, Forest fans liked Perch when we signed him, Watford fans seem to like Mariappa? Perch gets far too much stick on here by Newcastle fans because he had a nightmare of a start to his career for us and will never shake that off.

off the top of my head, he cost us the game at norwich so its not just early performances that make people dislike him

just frustrating for the sake of 750k or whatever it was, we still don't have any backup

i voted for content

I definitely think the Mariappa/Williamson comparison is more realistic. The Forest fans seemed to like Perch because he was a "good lad" rather than his football ability. Mariappa is liked by the Watford fans because of his ability.

Cost us the game at Norwich, he was playing alongside Danny Simpson at centre half ffs, Santon had only just fitted into the left back role and also had a shocker and we had Taylor right back, i don't think it was just Perch that cost us the game at Norwich in all fairness.

I definitely think the Mariappa/Williamson comparison is more realistic. The Forest fans seemed to like Perch because he was a "good lad" rather than his football ability. Mariappa is liked by the Watford fans because of his ability.

Really though?

If your s***... fans don't like you just because your a 'good lad' and don't want you to be sold.

Perch wouldn't get a game at centre half at any other team in the country, right down the divisions. That's not saying that he's not capable of a particular position at a particular level, i'm sure he is but he's simply not tall enough or strong enough to play at centre half. Picking us off in the air is embarrassingly easy when he features.

People seem to forget he was bought as a full back, comparisons to Mariappa are just ridiculous.

The way I see it is the positive impact of getting a striker like Cisse in is greater than the negative impact of not getting another CB in. By getting Cisse, you are improving your first team right away with a player who looks like he's capable of scoring a lot of goals. Getting another CB is something everyone seems to think you need so I'm not denying it's poor form not to get someone in, but it doesn't look like a hammer blow as such.