Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

on the why i like cisse thing; he just always seems to be happy to be there, and gives his all accordingly...same as any of us would feel it's a privilege to be pro footballer, let alone at a club like us, and he exudes respect for the position he's in at all times

love him to bits

I think the little spell he's had on the wing might help him longer term as it's forced him to work on his all-round game and he probably has a bit more appreciation of how the team works.

Enough's enough now though - get this lad through the middle and he'll win us games.

There was a moment in the first half when Cisse looked fuming at Ba for shooting when he was in the middle waiting for the pass. Would have taken a very good pass from Ba but if he hit him then it was a tap in.

Any striker worth his salt would have taken that shot on man :lol:

I think the little spell he's had on the wing might help him longer term as it's forced him to work on his all-round game and he probably has a bit more appreciation of how the team works.

Enough's enough now though - get this lad through the middle and he'll win us games.

looks like a player about to hit form to me,goal spree hopefully

The goal came from a movement when Ba was out on the wing and Cisse in the centre. Possibly significant.

There definitely should be a less rigid option than 'Okay YOU must play here and YOU must play here'. I don't see why it can't be more fluid. A 4-3-3 but the players able to switch positions as and when.

That said if both are desperate to play central it could throw up some problems and leave one side of the pitch a little bare.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The goal came from a movement when Ba was out on the wing and Cisse in the centre. Possibly significant.

Nail on head

Everyone can see it!

There definitely should be a less rigid option than 'Okay YOU must play here and YOU must play here'. I don't see why it can't be more fluid. A 4-3-3 but the players able to switch positions as and when.

That said if both are desperate to play central it could throw up some problems and leave one side of the pitch a little bare.

As long as players maintain that discipline of covering we should be fluid. If Anita shifts right forward someone should tuck in for example. It helps cause other teams problems because they have different players up against them all the time and difficult to predict movement rather than the rigid shit we often produce

Or someone that has more interest in scoring than winning. Not saying Ba isn't one but natural goalscorer's don't always have to shoot.

Again, not the worst trait to have when youre as good as Ba.

yorkie- its fair enough- I think bas goals are coming at the expense of team moral- honestly believe we will do better with him gone and cisse as CF.

There was a less rigid option played last season, with Cisse starting centre but all of them filling in where needed, at times Cisse would be filling in at left back (as would Ba). This season when we have played 4-3-3 that system has been abandoned, with Ba either playing centrally or not on the pitch.

I've said it before but if you want evidence of that (other than watching the games) look no further than Shola coming on to play in a front 3 and playing on the wing.

Or someone that has more interest in scoring than winning. Not saying Ba isn't one but natural goalscorers don't always have to shoot.

At worst it's greed, at best poor decision making. Funnily enough I think Drogba suffered from it too at times, but he obviously had more to his game to make up for it.

There was a moment in the first half when Cisse looked fuming at Ba for shooting when he was in the middle waiting for the pass. Would have taken a very good pass from Ba but if he hit him then it was a tap in.

Tell that to Cisse, I'm simply stating a fact. :lol:

Tbf like he hardly troubled the keeper iirc whereas he could have given someone else a tap in, as I say.

Tbf like he hardly troubled the keeper iirc whereas he could have given someone else a tap in, as I say.

Sorry this is just looking for a reason to have a dig at Ba, stuff like this happens every game, strikers hold their hands up in a 'what the fuck' manner all the time :lol:

So Ba was in the box, had a bit of space and chose to shoot rather than pass to Cisse who had 2-3 defenders in between him and Ba.

Nah :lol:

Sorry this is just looking for a reason to have a dig at Ba, stuff like this happens every game, strikers hold their hands up in a 'what the fuck' manner all the time :lol:

So Ba was in the box, had a bit of space and chose to shoot rather than pass to Cisse who had 2-3 defenders in between him and Ba.

Aye, totally agree with this. It's frustrating when you've got the benefit of a birds-eye-view and know that it's not the best option, but i'll rarely begrudge a player for taking a shot on once they're in/around the box.

You're wrong. :lol: I'm not even having a dig at Ba, simply stating what I saw. It doesn't matter who'd done it, I'd have probably mentioned it, you need to calm down about this Ba stuff. :lol:

Ba's just a glory-hog; he's still a team player. Like i said earlier in the thread, it's hardly the worst thing to have when you're as good at sticking it in the net as Ba is.

He could do with working on his shooting from range, though. It's never that good.

:lol: pathetic.

I hope you mentioned Cisse backheeling it out vs Wigan when he had absolutely no chance of scoring, Ba was standing there in space and if he left it we would have had a corner?

No need. :lol: Getting a bit daft now, you can't even mention a passage of play without someone jumping down your throat.

Guest firetotheworks

Ba shoots nigh on every time from 40 yards tbh. Fair enough when he's in the box, but that does my head in almost as much as Tiote shooting does.