Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Shame it's taken him to do what the fans should have done in the first place. We were easily bought on side by the cynical stadium name change reversal though (myself included). Roll over and have our tummys tickled - whether its immoral loan shark sponsors, lunatic directors of football, ugly stadium branding, key player sales. Good luck to him whether its a legitimate moral argument or if he just wants a move. Either is justifiable because the club is a fucking joke with a passive, weather worn fanbase willing to eat whatever shit is served.

Probably wouldn't bother the sponsors so much if he wasn't the only player allowed to score a goal or enter the opposition penalty area.

allowed ? after ba left it seemed we didn't have anyone bar cisse who had it in their game, see why sissoko was pushed forward. it's not ben arfa's game to get in the box, nor cabaye's or jonas, gouffran always got ther late but, if you think the they were told "don't go in the box" then thats up to you.

Well fucking said, sir.

Had a good read of the thread since the non flight issue, Cisse using the Wanka excuse as a reason to fuck off just wish he had the balls to put a transfer request in ,he can fuck off for all i care as rats leaving a sinking ship etc etc ,Cabaye next ...........

Makes me laugh so many people saying "he's picking and choosing what he wants from Islam"

Err so? That's what religion is. The Christians on our team don't murder children that disrespect their parents (as far as I know) so they're picking and choosing what they want from the Bible too.

I just hope it gets sorted out so that Cisse is happy to play for us.  Any other result is unsatisfactory. I'll always back him ahead of our loyalty to a bunch of scumbags like Wonga.

Makes me laugh how people are able to pick and choose what elements of religion they like but they still hold the high groung in your eyes.

Isn't being religious, almost by definition, in a society likes ours today a matter of picking and choosing, though?

That's largely how, if you take away the influence of insane fundamentalists - of every religion - religions survive?

to a point, the problem being if you pick and choose you have to be consistent with what you choose.

Quite right. I chose to ignore all of it.

*drinks booze, gambles, lends money, eats pork, beef, draws cartoon of Allah*

Oooh I'd like to see that.

(madras in get rid of non-nufcers off the board attempt)

(only kidding brummie  ;))

It's ok, I'm going to post a series of them on RTG

Don't forget to include a little Mohammed (clearly labelled) in the background. I hear that's popular.

FWIW Simon Bird in tomorrow's Mirror says Cisse will be sold as neither side is willing to back down.

And, as soon as it was said that he didn't travel with the squad then this story of him leaving was always going to be dished up.

I don't think he will go, the cub know he won't be replaced cheaply (Bent isn't a replacement) and as result they will come to an agreement with him. I think they would prefer to lose say £250k PA off the Wonga deal to keep Cisse here rather then pay the price to bring someone of his quality in and the extra wages they would now demand compared to Cisse's.

On a separate note though Sewelly has it spot on. Too many people here are un happy about the clubs deal with Wonga but no one has actually told them club and as the new shirt release comes ever closer people are now coming round to the new shirt and soon it will go from the "I won't wear that Wonga shit" to "There are worse companies than Wonga and it's not a bad shirt". 

FWIW Simon Bird in tomorrow's Mirror says Cisse will be sold as neither side is willing to back down.

And, as soon as it was said that he didn't travel with the squad then this story of him leaving was always going to be dished up.

I don't think he will go, the cub know he won't be replaced cheaply (Bent isn't a replacement) and as result they will come to an agreement with him. I think they would prefer to lose say £250k PA off the Wonga deal to keep Cisse here rather then pay the price to bring someone of his quality in and the extra wages they would now demand compared to Cisse's.

Just buy Darren Bent on similar wages for less than we'll sell Cisse at. So long as we stop up guess who wins again.

Your missing the realistic situation where they sell him and replace him with Bent.

Had a good read of the thread since the non flight issue, Cisse using the Wanka excuse as a reason to fuck off just wish he had the balls to put a transfer request in ,he can fuck off for all i care as rats leaving a sinking ship etc etc ,Cabaye next ...........

And be left with those 'committed to cause' ie utter crap living on borrowed time like Shola, Jonas and Tiote? Up the Premier League we go.

The club can't realistically back-down surely, otherwise other players will want sponsors of their choice and Wonga will withdraw their money. Unless the club are willing to find a new sponsor and pull out, which I expect is rather unlikely. If they back down and I was a teamamte, I'd ask if I could have Amnesty International on my shirt as well.

Your missing the realistic situation where they sell him and replace him with Bent.

Bent shouldn't be a replacement for Cisse and I would imagine he will ask for more wages than what Cisse is on.

The club can't realistically back-down surely, otherwise other players will want sponsors of their choice and Wonga will withdraw their money. Unless the club are willing to find a new sponsor and pull out, which I expect is rather doubtful. If they back down and I was a teamamte, I'd ask if I could have Amnesty International on my shirt as well.

Hopefully other players kick up a fuss as well and the club do back down. The club fucked off Virgin Money without even asking if they would be prepared to match Wonga's offer. Sorry to say it but if people think Wonga is the best we can do then they are seriously wrong. The Premiership is the highest watched league globally, heck even Sunderland were able to get a newly formed charity to cough up a record deal.

This makes me wonder more about the lack of planning that goes on within the club. Did it not go through the mind of Ashley and other management to check with the players if there would be any problems going with Wonga? Given we have a fair few Muslim players, asking about any objections should be part of the planning process when finding sponsors.

If he is sold it is a massive kick to the guts. It is already a fairly weak area for the side, and Bent is apparently our only target at the moment. Not to mention that he has been a good bloke from everything we've heard for the community.

Didn't Sevilla make Kanoute wear a sponserless shirt? No fuss and seemed to rectify the situation fine iirc.

Is the club / sponsor so set in it's ways that Cisse HAS to wear Wonga on the front of his top if all his teammates do? How long is it since this deal was announced? And here were are with the situation coming to the boil when the players are off on a pre-season tour.

No one knows the details underneath all this, at the moment it just looks like another comical own goal by the club and rather childish treatment of one it's players.

If Cisse does end up getting binned off there'll be a little PR offensive from the club against him I'd wager a la Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Enrique.

Be interesting to see if it works.

If Cisse does end up getting binned off there'll be a little PR offensive from the club against him I'd wager a la Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Enrique.

The club don't need to do anything by the looks of it.

Disagree. If he leaves there'll be a rare statement from the club (probably to SDnews - the bastion of fine sports reporting).

And be left with those 'committed to cause' ie utter crap living on borrowed time like Shola, Jonas and Tiote? Up the Premier League we go.

Just a general feeling i have that our better players are waiting for the bids to come in and will be off like a shot as the offers will be too good to turn down ,Ashley sees the get them cheap and sell on as there stock improves with no ambition to build a team to challenge for anything

Disagree. If he leaves there'll be a rare statement from the club (probably to SDnews - the bastion of fine sports reporting).

I didn't mean that they wouldn't, it was more to do with the need to say anything. It looks like quite a few fans conveniently think Barclays and Virgin are the same as a company with 4 figure interest rates.

Shame it's taken him to do what the fans should have done in the first place. We were easily bought on side by the cynical stadium name change reversal though (myself included). Roll over and have our tummys tickled - whether its immoral loan shark sponsors, lunatic directors of football, ugly stadium branding, key player sales. Good luck to him whether its a legitimate moral argument or if he just wants a move. Either is justifiable because the club is a f***ing joke with a passive, weather worn fanbase willing to eat whatever s*** is served.

Agree with this - there are far too many NUFC fans who will ignore anything the club(i.e. owner etc) does as long as they can still get into SJP once a fortnight.

Nothing will change as long as this happens. More indignities lie ahead.

The club can't realistically back-down surely, otherwise other players will want sponsors of their choice and Wonga will withdraw their money. Unless the club are willing to find a new sponsor and pull out, which I expect is rather doubtful. If they back down and I was a teamamte, I'd ask if I could have Amnesty International on my shirt as well.

Hopefully other players kick up a fuss as well and the club do back down. The club f***ed off Virgin Money without even asking if they would be prepared to match Wonga's offer. Sorry to say it but if people think Wonga is the best we can do then they are seriously wrong. The Premiership is the highest watched league globally, heck even Sunderland were able to get a newly formed charity to cough up a record deal.

Which newly formed charity would that be?

Sense would be to loan cisse out, till we change sponsor.  However the club only seem to manage the cash flow on a short term basis. ie they will sell him.

:serious: