Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

so a week or so before the season is due to start then, maybe not so bad actually assuming he ever plays for us again, probably better than it being in late august or september

Does he participate in Ramadan? According to N-O you can pick and choose which rules of the religion to adhere to.

Do you celebrate Christmas?

I'm not a massive fan and generally don't like the whole event. I certainly don't celebrate it from a religious aspect although some family members do. The only celebrations of Christmas I have is going on the drink but consideing it's one of my best mates birthdays on Christmas day, it's more of a celebration for that than Christmas. I know that you will be a massive fan of Christmas, after all you are the son of god.

Guest Roger Kint

And anyway, Christmas is barely religious for 75% of people who celebrate it.  FFS :lol:

Who celebrates the religious aspects of Christmas.  You celebrate the food, drink and new toys.

All about Santa and booze tbh. Fuck the religious side, apart from the times at school when they forced your into carols and shit who really does it?

And anyway, Christmas is barely religious for 75% of people who celebrate it.  FFS :lol:

Who celebrates the religious aspects of Christmas.  You celebrate the food, drink and new toys.

All about Santa and booze tbh. Fuck the religious side, apart from the times at school when they forced your into carols and shit who really does it?

It's still a religious holiday though, innit? Or at least it has been since those mad Christian cunts hijacked our lovely pagan festival.

Quite a few people celebrate Christmas while railing against religion. Rather hypocritical by the standards we've set for Cisse. I bet few of those who celebrate Christmas aren't as keen as giving shit up for Lent either. And since an all in or all out policy for Cisse and his religion has been adopted by some on here it's only fair anyone criticising him either stop celebrating Christmas (no holidays, no presents, no watching The Snowman) or, alternatively, throw themselves into Christianity. All of it. Even the shit bits.

It's still a religious holiday though, innit? Or at least it has been since those mad Christian cunts hijacked our lovely pagan festival.

Quite a few people celebrate Christmas while railing against religion. Rather hypocritical by the standards we've set for Cisse. I bet few of those who celebrate Christmas aren't as keen as giving shit up for Lent either. And since an all in or all out policy for Cisse and his religion has been adopted by some on here it's only fair anyone criticising him either stop celebrating Christmas (no holidays, no presents, no watching The Snowman) or, alternatively, throw themselves into Christianity. All of it. Even the shit bits.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

1. Christmas isn't even christian in origin - it's a borrowed holiday.

2. Compared to gambling/lending/drinking, it's not a specifically condoned or prohibited act. It's not mentioned in the bible at all, except I think a passing reference to the (pre-borrowed) heathen practice of decorating trees for a festival.

There's no similarity here. None. Give it up.

All about Santa and booze tbh. f*** the religious side, apart from the times at school when they forced your into carols and s*** who really does it?

It's still a religious holiday though, innit? Or at least it has been since those mad Christian c***s hijacked our lovely pagan festival.

Quite a few people celebrate Christmas while railing against religion. Rather hypocritical by the standards we've set for Cisse. I bet few of those who celebrate Christmas aren't as keen as giving s*** up for Lent either. And since an all in or all out policy for Cisse and his religion has been adopted by some on here it's only fair anyone criticising him either stop celebrating Christmas (no holidays, no presents, no watching The Snowman) or, alternatively, throw themselves into Christianity. All of it. Even the s*** bits.

I'm an atheist anyway but I don't know of an Christians who are currently using their religion as a reason to not do their job which they are paid for.

Guest Roger Kint

The Christmas issue aside, it's clear that people pick, choose and interpret religious doctrine in their own ways all the time. I don't know why this is even up for debate.

Yep. Like i said a fair few pages ago the only thing i care about is how it affects NUFC and the fact is its not looking particularly good at all.

I'm an atheist anyway but I don't know of an Christians who are currently using their religion as a reason to not do their job which they are paid for.

What conclusion do you take from that though?

We are discussing Papiss Cisses refusal to wear the shirt based on his religious beliefs, as implied by the PFA and also by his agent. A respected member of the local muslim community has came out and said that there is no picking and choosing when it comes to Islam.

I conclude that he is not actually that religious and there is an underlying reason as to why he won't wear the shirt, with the Wonga issue being used as a cover story.

As an aside, I do wonder why the Chronicle haven't reported it.

What? Are you saying you can't think of a single job a Christian would refuse to do because of his faith?

Off the top of my head: A priest who declines to marry gay couples.

What? Are you saying you can't think of a single job a Christian would refuse to do because of his faith?

The Pope working as a stripper

A priest isn't paid to marry gay couples though - for example, working within the Catholic church, I doubt it is in his job description. Papiss Cisse is paid to play football for Newcastle United and, in line with employment law, he must wear a unifom if one is neccesary as dictated by his employers.

A priest isn't paid to marry gay couples though - for example, working within the Catholic church, I doubt it is in his job description. Papiss Cisse is paid to play football for Newcastle United and, in line with employment law, he must wear a unifom if one is neccesary as dictated by his employers.

Excuse me? How is he not paid to marry gay couples if the church tells him to? Several countries do this incase you aren't aware.

Excuse me? How is he not paid to marry gay couples if the church tells him to? Several countries do this incase you aren't aware.

The catholic church doesn't permit the marriage of gay couples as far as I know. Therefore, when he took the job on, he knew he wouldn't have to do that. Whereas, Pappiss Cisse knew he would have to wear a shirt with a sponsor on, and at the time of signing we were then sponsored by a company that borrowed money.

The original point I was actually making was that Christmas has precisely f*** all to do with the Cisse story, just like a priest marrying people has no relevance.

EDIT: I see you have said that some countries do - I wasn't aware of this but as above it's irrelavent in this context.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

1. Christmas isn't even christian in origin - it's a borrowed holiday.

2. Compared to gambling/lending/drinking, it's not a specifically condoned or prohibited act. It's not mentioned in the bible at all, except I think a passing reference to the (pre-borrowed) heathen practice of decorating trees for a festival.

There's no similarity here. None. Give it up.

1. Read my very first sentence.

2. Not mentioned in the bible, except the part where that lad and lass (pregnant virgin. Aye right, must be from Pennywell) ride on a donkey and give birth to the son of god in a barn.

It's very similar. It's religious hypocrisy, which is exactly what Cisse is being accused of.

The catholic church doesn't permit the marriage of gay couples as far as I know. Therefore, when he took the job on, he knew he wouldn't have to do that. Whereas, Pappiss Cisse knew he would have to wear a shirt with a sponsor on, and at the time of signing we were then sponsored by a company that borrowed money.

The original point I was actually making was that Christmas has precisely f*** all to do with the Cisse story, just like a priest marrying people has no relevance.

EDIT: I see you have said that some countries do - I wasn't aware of this but as above it's irrelavent in this context.

First of all I wasn't talking about the catholic chuch specifcly at any point. And for the sake of the argument let's imagine that Cisse's problem is with Wonga and not with banks. So the circumstances relating to his work have changed.

Now you have a priest who is told following the legalization of same sex marriages that he will have to perform them in the future. It's however strongly against his own morales and faith. Can he decline?

First of all I wasn't talking about the catholic chuch specifcly at any point. And for the sake of the argument let's imagine that Cisse's problem is with Wonga and not with banks. So the circumstances relating to his work have changed.

Now you have a priest who is told following the legalization of same sex marriages that he will have to perform them in the future. It's however strongly against his own morales and faith. Can he decline?

he could decline to carry out the legal part of the marriage but perform the religious side for those that fit the model of the church's beliefs meaning anyone married in a church would still have to go to the registry office to make it legal