Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He doesnt suit us, hes a counter attacking striker and likes to make runs into space or is actually intelligent when a defence is exposed. Once we get the ball we faff about with it before going nowhere half the time and it means we have to break a whole team down from scratch, this basically deems Cisse as useless as he offers the team no options short and is incapable of out thinking a defender. Its rare we pick up the ball and have a 3 on 2/3 situation.

Good observation. Since we attempted to switch to a passing game without any drills on movement off the ball, we have ended up with a really slow build up making it much harder to catch teams short at the back. By the time we've passed it backwards and sideways a few times, the opposition are usually back in numbers.

Worried that sub could cost us. He was poor from the moment he came on and i'd have been much happier with Ben Arfa on or dare I say even Shola staying on. Cisse is just a liability in this condition.

He's the anti-Carroll NUFC ver. One had shown immense improvement from the previous season, surprising everyone with his impact in his half-season while the other has totally derailed to epic proportions after a stunning 1st 6 months.

He wasn't that bad like, the bit of control in the corner withstanding.

Some of his counter attacking play was alright (some also wasn't, such as that pass way behind a Sissoko breaking at speed), but his control was outrageously bad today, and not for the first time. It wasn't just the control in the corner, there were another 3 or 4 incidents where the ball just bounced off him and out of play or straight to a Chelsea player.

What frustrates me is that I can understand a forward having a confidence problem and not finding the net for a while, but sometimes it looks like Papiss has completely forgotten any ability to control a football. It really boggles the mind what happened to him in the summer before last. He went into it in the form of his life, and hasn't looked a shade of that player since.

He wasn't that bad like, the bit of control in the corner withstanding.

Some of his counter attacking play was alright (some also wasn't, such as that pass way behind a Sissoko breaking at speed), but his control was outrageously bad today, and not for the first time. It wasn't just the control in the corner, there were another 3 or 4 incidents where the ball just bounced off him and out of play or straight to a Chelsea player.

What frustrates me is that I can understand a forward having a confidence problem and not finding the net for a while, but sometimes it looks like Papiss has completely forgotten any ability to control a football. It really boggles the mind what happened to him in the summer before last. He went into it in the form of his life, and hasn't looked a shade of that player since.

Fair enough, it is a weird one like. His happy-go-lucky attitude that we all loved when it was going well for him doesn't help his cause like IMO. It is very odd what has happened to him though, not playing in pre-season probably didn't help his cause like.

Thought he battled well against Terry, won a fair number of headers and generally put himself about.

He's a liability right now, gives us nothing. If we'd have had a mobile, physical striker who had some sort of presence even when not scoring goals I honestly think we'd be well placed in the league by now instead of mid tableing it. 

He's a liability right now, gives us nothing. If we'd have had a mobile, physical striker who had some sort of presence even when not scoring goals I honestly think we'd be well placed in the league by now instead of mid tableing it. 

Someone in the Gomis mould perhaps?

Totally agree like but as always finance over ambition.

He had some brilliant touches and some atrocious touches in equal measure, tbh.

I've got next to no faith in him returning to half the player he was when he first arrived. It's so depressing. Gary McAllister nailed it during the commentary; the thing was, he scored every type of goal. He looked as accomplished a striker as you could wish to see. Screamers, tap-ins, headers, the lot.

Maybe a spell on the sidelines will help because I think the main problem is in his head.

I thought he gave Terry more to think about than Shola did.

Terry mopped up and won everything against Shola.

Cisse dropped off more and generally moved about more making him harder to pick up and creating space for Remy.

Much of that was also down to the scoreline of course. After we'd gone one up, we dropped deeper and they pressed further up, meaning more space for us on the break.

I thought he gave Terry more to think about than Shola did.

Terry mopped up and won everything against Shola.

Cisse dropped off more and generally moved about more making him harder to pick up and creating space for Remy.

Much of that was also down to the scoreline of course. After we'd gone one up, we dropped deeper and they pressed further up, meaning more space for us on the break.

Yeah but we also stopped lumping it at Shola and wondering why he never won it.