Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I feel sorry for him...if you look at his goals when he first came there was one constant...service.  Be it his head or feet he was in around the box and the ball was fed to him and he scored.  The way we play now just isnt suited to him, we create nothing in the final 3rd.  I'd be gutted if he left as I'm convinced he's still a class act.  We just need to buy some bloody wingers and get some balls to him.

I feel sorry for him...if you look at his goals when he first came there was one constant...service.  Be it his head or feet he was in around the box and the ball was fed to him and he scored.  The way we play now just isnt suited to him, we create nothing in the final 3rd.  I'd be gutted if he left as I'm convinced he's still a class act.  We just need to buy some bloody wingers and get some balls to him.

Who were the wingers getting the ball to him when he first arrived?

When he first arrived we played Ba, Cabaye and Ben Arfa very close to him..... not sure what happened but that will never happen again.

But if you look at the majority of his goals yes some were ridiculous strikes the common theme was that Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba were all in close proximity.

In some cases even Jonas would make runs from his midfield role.

If you go on a popular video site and search for Papiss Demba Cissé - The Goals 11/12, that is a completely different player to the one who plays for us now. Perfectly timed runs, unreal finishing ability. He just doesn't play like that any more.

I wonder how much JFK is on. Actually, I'd probably rather not know  :lol:

He's probably on nowt. Uncle Mike just gives him somewhere to go in the daytime so he can play with the phone. Which isn't actually plugged in.

When he first arrived we played Ba, Cabaye and Ben Arfa very close to him..... not sure what happened but that will never happen again.

But if you look at the majority of his goals yes some were ridiculous strikes the common theme was that Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba were all in close proximity.

In some cases even Jonas would make runs from his midfield role.

What he said^.  You had Jonas, Ben Arfa and Cabaye feeding balls into the box for him to feed off. 

If you go on a popular video site and search for Papiss Demba Cissé - The Goals 11/12, that is a completely different player to the one who plays for us now. Perfectly timed runs, unreal finishing ability. He just doesn't play like that any more.

I honestly think he's lost some of his hunger.

You also had Cisse making intelligent runs. You can't pass to someone who isn't there. Gouffran and Remy have been able to make chances for themselves, Cisse needs to do the same when given the chance.

Who were the wingers getting the ball to him when he first arrived?

Tim Krul.

Man, I've forgotten just how unreal he was back then.

Man, I've forgotten just how unreal he was back then.

I want that Cissé back. Some ridiculous goals back then, both wonder strikes and just great striking play. His run and Cabaye's pass for the Stoke goal :fwap:

well, i just think he should given a run this spring in order to gain some lost form. For how long he has been out form i do not no. But judging him on last season only is not fair imo. We played some of the worst football ever and if he doesn´t get any service and is left alone on top - what can you do?

With remy probably leaving in the summer i think we should keep cisse and use this season to try and fix him. If remy goes then we still need 2 new strikers at least as good as cisse.

If we don't sign another forward this January I agree we should give him another chance in the second half of the season, because I would still rather play him than Shola. That said, he was an integral part of last season's failure, not (just) a victim of it. It could be argued we didn't play to his strengths (not sure which ones really, but there you go), but the fact we were treathened by relegation for much of the season was as much to do with not having a striker putting the ball in the net (especially second half of the season after Ba left) as anything else tbh. For him to refind his early form, it's not just a matter of Pardew giving him that chance, but also him taking whatever chances come his way and proving that he's on the way back, making himself undroppable. From what we've seen so far this season you have to wonder if he's even interested.

agree, but still think we should give him chance - starting now!

At the expense of who though? If we're changing our front three I would rather introduce Ben Arfa to be honest, at least he's shown he's eager in his substitute appearances and we all know what he can contribute. If we gave Cisse a number of starts to get him firing again we could very easily suffer in an attacking sense if he doesn't magically click. All in all, I still believe he should not be given a start before he displays some signs of improvement in his substitute appearances, which he certainly hasn't done lately.

maybe try remy in wider role (left) instead of gouffran. Our 3 next matches should allow us to play with both!

You could also argue that arfa should show some more tracking back / defending in his substitute appearances...

You'd drop Gouffran for Cisse?

If we did, who would cover Santon's ar-e..?

Ever since that whole wonga thing his heart doesn't seem in it anymore. He always seemed to be a smiley little fucker before as well. I think I heard rumour back then we were trying our best to sell him as well. So really If all true I blame the cunts running the club

Galling to watch that. For some of the better goals you could see him look exactly at the spot he scored in before hitting it, no lashing and hoping just composed finishing.

Papiss Cisse targeted by ambitious Indian Super League clubs

14 Jan 2014 09:02

Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse has been sounded out about playing in the ambitious new Indian Super League, which is due to launch in September

Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse has been sounded out about playing in the ambitious new Indian Super League, which is due to launch in September, The Journal understands.

As United allowed Jonas Gutierrez to depart for Norwich City on loan, The Journal also understands that Newcastle’s negotiations with Luuk de Jong’s club Borussia Monchengladbach have reached an impasse.

United want to strike a loan deal worth around £1m for the 23-year-old – with a view to a £6m permanent deal in the summer.

The need for new strikers may become more acute if Cisse leaves over the next six months, with interest in Newcastle’s No 9 coming from across the globe.

He was the subject of a £9m bid from a Middle East club last week, but there are other money-spinning offers in the pipeline for the United forward, including a mooted move to India to become one of the marquee names of a proposed new league in the sub-continent.

The Indian Super League is still in the early stages of its development and a proposed January launch date has been pushed back to September – but it is backed by billion-dollar company Reliance as well as Star India, a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch’s Fox network.

India is viewed as one of the last frontiers for professional football, and the likes of Louis Saha, Robbie Fowler, Freddie Ljungberg,Kenny Dalglish and Robert Pires have all been asked to either manage or play in the eight-team franchise

format. Although exact details about the tournament remain unconfirmed, soundings have been made towards Cisse about potential interest in playing for one of the newly-formed clubs – if he moves on from Newcastle in the summer.

Whether Newcastle would allow him to go this month is unclear, but the summer will represent a crossroads for the club, with several of their established stars coming to a point in their contract where United may look to sell them and refresh their squad with younger players.

That restructuring project would make the likes of Cisse and Fabricio Coloccini vulnerable – and the indications are that the striker would not be short of interest if he is told to find a new club.

It is understood that Cisse’s preference this month is to stay at Newcastle and fight for his place in the United team, but he is desperate to play first-team football again.

Newcastle value the Senegal international at £10m and would not countenance allowing him to leave for anything less than the £9m they paid for him two years ago.

Meanwhile, United continue to make laborious progress on the recruitment front as they continue to talk to Holland forward De Jong about a potential loan move.

They have also been linked with a move for Ajax’s Siem de Jong – a player that they have tracked for more than two years.

However, nothing is imminent with either brother, even though Newcastle have been given encouragement by the player.

When asked about the Magpies’ potential interest over the weekend he is quoted as saying: “I can imagine going.”

At the moment Newcastle only have the injured Shola Ameobi, Loic Remy, Yoan Gouffran and Cisse as recognised senior strikers, so the addition of de Jong would be a timely boost for Pardew.

Meanwhile, the fall-out from Sunday’s defeat against Manchester City has seen referee Mike Jones dropped for the weekend’s Premier League – while Alan Pardew has been reminded of his responsibilities by the Football Association.

Pardew’s verbal altercation with Manuel Pellegrini attracted plenty of attention after the contentious clash, which saw Cheick Tiote’s stunninggoal ruled out for a questionable offside.

But Pardew has escaped an FA charge and has been given the equivalent of a slap on the wrist by the authorities.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-star-papiss-cisse-6504511

As United allowed Jonas Gutierrez to depart for Norwich City on loan, The Journal also understands that Newcastle’s negotiations with Luuk de Jong’s club Borussia Monchengladbach have reached an impasse.

United want to strike a loan deal worth around £1m for the 23-year-old – with a view to a £6m permanent deal in the summer.

:facepalm:

Is he worth considerably more than £7m then? :dontknow:

Is he worth considerably more than £7m then? :dontknow:

They paid 15 million euros for him. In short, we're just posturing as there is no chance we will get him for that.

So he flops then they expect their money back for him? Our bid is perfectly reasonable for starting off.

It's funny you should say that in this thread when the reports are saying we want £10m+ for Cisse, it works both ways.

Some might say it's a good idea to get the best deal for yourself.

So he flops then they expect their money back for him? Our bid is perfectly reasonable for starting off.

It's funny you should say that in this thread when the reports are saying we want £10m+ for Cisse, it works both ways.

Aye, the teams he has been linked with are clueless though. Probably daft enough to pay that fee :lol:

I don't think 7 million is a bad starting bid for De Jong or anything criminal. He's failed to prove his value at the club and now struggling to get in the side and they want rid. Have to expect to take a loss?  :dontknow:

Some might say it's a good idea to get the best deal for yourself.

:lol: Erm, aye.