Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bimpy474

I don't think you can castigate someone for their beliefs, whether you believe it or not is up to you, as its up to them what they choose to believe. Whether its "true" or not is completely subjective. I don't think Aliens are real but I have friends that do, and that's up to them.

Like pointed out earlier I wouldn't wear a KFC logo on my top, but thats my choice and others might completely disagree. let's face it, Wonga is morally bankrupt, and there were plenty espousing that view when they became sponsor. But now as its "religion" based objection its not ok?

Why ? i get the percentage rates. I know this doesn't seem fashionable but i'm one who believe you are responsible for your own actions. No one is forced to use Wonga, the way is being portrayed is that they force themselves on people. Don't get me wrong i understand the argument, i just think it's a bit of excuse for people who act like idiots at times.

For me it's basically set up to prey upon the weak and vulnerable. People who are desperate for cash and can not obtain it any other way, and then are crippled by the repayments. I know people are ultimately responsible for what they do in life but its a bad set up.

I do understand that, i really do. I just think if go to Wonga and see their rates you say no. Although i understand why and how people get drawn to Wonga and their ilk.

Someone on here in one of the other threads said, kids should be taught about financial management, debt etc at school, not a bad idea (whoever said it like).

San toon, while I get your point, in my eyes he's kicking off with the KFC top but ok with the McDonalds logo. Doesn't make sense unless there's an n'zogbiaesque ulterior motive.

Wonga charge far higher interest rates than Barclays. If Cisse's main objection is excessive interest rates then surely there's your reason why he opposes one sponsor and not the other.

If his one objection is excessive rates someone ought to inform him of Barclays practises and the effects they've had, makes wonga small beer in comparison. Then again that would count him put of many moves wouldn't it.

If his one objection is excessive rates someone ought to inform him of Barclays practises and the effects they've had, makes wonga small beer in comparison. Then again that would count him put of many moves wouldn't it.

If that's where he draws the line, that's where he draws the line. Seems possible to me. Doesn't think that money should never be lent out at all but objects to obscene interest rates aimed at the poorest people in society.

You'll have to fill me in on the Barclays thing as I'm not sure what you're getting at. Maybe Cisse doesn't know either.

Guest bimpy474

I don't think you can castigate someone for their beliefs, whether you believe it or not is up to you, as its up to them what they choose to believe. Whether its "true" or not is completely subjective. I don't think Aliens are real but I have friends that do, and that's up to them.

Like pointed out earlier I wouldn't wear a KFC logo on my top, but thats my choice and others might completely disagree. let's face it, Wonga is morally bankrupt, and there were plenty espousing that view when they became sponsor. But now as its "religion" based objection its not ok?

Why ? i get the percentage rates. I know this doesn't seem fashionable but i'm one who believe you are responsible for your own actions. No one is forced to use Wonga, the way is being portrayed is that they force themselves on people. Don't get me wrong i understand the argument, i just think it's a bit of excuse for people who act like idiots at times.

For me it's basically set up to prey upon the weak and vulnerable. People who are desperate for cash and can not obtain it any other way, and then are crippled by the repayments. I know people are ultimately responsible for what they do in life but its a bad set up.

I do understand that, i really do. I just think if go to Wonga and see their rates you say no. Although i understand why and how people get drawn to Wonga and their ilk.

Someone on here in one of the other threads said, kids should be taught about financial management, debt etc at school, not a bad idea (whoever said it like).

yeah I agree to an extent, but the thing is, its the desperation that draws people in. As they make it easy for those who can not go elsewhere. But yeah it should be taught in school, as people learn as they go along which is a dangerous game.

I think my point would be, there is a driver who comes into my work, i've got to know him outside of work now. Him and his missus have so much debt, yet have to have 2 holidays a year (in this country). They will use a company like Wonga if the leaving date for the holiday falls before their monthly payday. Obviously pay it back on their return from holiday.  It's mental, they do need the holidays, he'll never be out of debt. They buy things they can't afford, all have a computer each etc. Then they do the same if bills come in before payday.

It's nuts. At no stage does he think, right lets not spend for a year and get out of this.

Guest bimpy474

This story is gagging for some new revelations or some progress one way or the other.

Like him handing in a transfer request!

If we dont relent, he wont need to. We'll actively sell him as he wont play in the shirt. He holds the cards tbh, he's not refusing to play, he just refusing to play in the Wonga branded shirts. Splitting hairs i know but that'll be the argument.

San toon, while I get your point, in my eyes he's kicking off with the KFC top but ok with the McDonalds logo. Doesn't make sense unless there's an n'zogbiaesque ulterior motive.

Isn't it more the interest rates in which the company has on their loans though that he supposedly doesn't agree with? Not necessarily just because they're "bad"?

EDIT: Just seen your other post :thup:

Will you quit with the ignorance shite man ffs.

:lol:

in my eyes he's kicking off with the KFC top but ok with the McDonalds logo. Doesn't make sense unless there's an n'zogbiaesque ulterior motive.

:thup:

Guest reefatoon

I'm still surprised he know's what Wonga is and what it portrays.  He wouldn't have had the foggiest when it was announced until someone had a little word in his ear about how bad/immoral it would be to wear and promote.  I am going for his agent, hoping for a bumper pay day when we give up and sell him.

Guest bimpy474

yeah I agree to an extent, but the thing is, its the desperation that draws people in. As they make it easy for those who can not go elsewhere. But yeah it should be taught in school, as people learn as they go along which is a dangerous game.

I think my point would be, there is a driver who comes into my work, i've got to know him outside of work now. Him and his missus have so much debt, yet have to have 2 holidays a year (in this country). They will use a company like Wonga if the leaving date for the holiday falls before their monthly payday. Obviously pay it back on their return from holiday.  It's mental, they do need the holidays, he'll never be out of debt. They buy things they can't afford, all have a computer each etc. Then they do the same if bills come in before payday.

It's nuts. At no stage does he think, right lets not spend for a year and get out of this.

Yeah fair enough that is a poor way to run your life, but I imagine people use it who are desperate to get shopping in, pay rent etc as well.

Yeah that's fair too. Must something the govenrment could do. Especially when people are borrowing to pay rent etc. Possibly offering the same as Wonga without the interest. Paying for the people directly and then getting the money back at later stage. The no interest part being key. Maybe a government bank/lending department.

If that's where he draws the line, that's where he draws the line. Seems possible to me. Doesn't think that money should never be lent out at all but objects to obscene interest rates aimed at the poorest people in society.

You'll have to fill me in on the Barclays thing as I'm not sure what you're getting at. Maybe Cisse doesn't know either.

Also, banks like Barclays offer 'muslim friendly mortgages' etc.

I'm still surprised he know's what Wonga is and what it portrays.  He wouldn't have had the foggiest when it was announced until someone had a little word in his ear about how bad/immoral it would be to wear and promote.  I am going for his agent, hoping for a bumper pay day when we give up and sell him.

He's a foreigner and a muslim, not a brain trauma victim man :lol:

He's probably capable of learning things himself and coming to his own conclusions.

He's probably capable of learning things himself and coming to his own conclusions.

;D

Maybe next year...... Barclays offer Muslim mortgages, so what ? You can't say that's ok in light of everything else. Like saying the Animal liberation front would like me as I like salad now and again.

Guest reefatoon

Wrong, he is a Footballer, and we all know they are as thick as mince.

Maybe next year...... Barclays offer Muslim mortgages, so what ? You can't say that's ok in light of everything else. Like saying the Animal liberation front would like me as I like salad now and again.

Well if his objections to the Wonga thing are religious, then as long as Barclays are offering to help muslims stay faithful to their religion yet still be able to own a house, I think he has the right to see a difference between the two companies.

For polic, Barclays deliberate misselling, libor fixing, charging £25 for going £1 overdrawn, caught avoiding tax thats just off the top of my head, probably more.

Hmm OK, I'm aware of all of that. Who knows if Cisse is? Anyway the stuff in the Quran is centred around lending money with interest attached only as far as I know, not the other unscrupulous practices that most mainstream banks have been involved with at one time or another. Maybe his belief begins and ends with interest rates, he's just not a strict enough Muslim to think no money should be lent out whatsoever but his tolerance doesn't stretch to rates of 1000 per cent plus or whatever.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah fair enough that is a poor way to run your life, but I imagine people use it who are desperate to get shopping in, pay rent etc as well.

Yeah that's fair too. Must something the govenrment could do. Especially when people are borrowing to pay rent etc. Possibly offering the same as Wonga without the interest. Paying for the people directly and then getting the money back at later stage. The no interest part being key. Maybe a government bank/lending department.

Yup, an alternative would be great,  what that is though. I have no idea.

Unfortunately neither do they :(

on look north soon, maybe him or his representitives will come out and make a statement ,Cisse is nearly as quiet as the club atm  ;D

They've rang me today and want to do an interview with me for the 6 o clock news, I said yes at first then thought about it and rang back to say I wouldn't be able to.

They have been trying to speak to his agent today but as of around midday hadn't been able to speak to him.

Also, this whole Wonga/Cisse thing, the main thing that stands out for me isn't the debate about if Cisse is right to do what hes doing or not, it's our clubs total incompitance at handling it all, the Wonga deal is worth approximately next to fuck all compared to actually remaining in the permier league, really don't see why we wouldn't at least try and negotiate with Wonga a smaller deal in exchange for Cisse to have an opt out, we're going into this season with a Strike force consisting of Cisse, Gouffran, an old cripple in Shola and a small child in Campbell. At this point in time, we need him more than we need Wonga.