Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest chicken little

The photo was taken ages a go with honest intentions

bothering a dude who's minding his own business?

Taking a picture of one of his favourite players i would think.

oh aye i know, i'm just being glib - personally said it would fuck me right off to have people snapping photos of me going about me business, like.

:lol: I don't think you've done anything wrong tbh mate. I'd have done the same purely to stop daft cunts ringing my phone.

I wouldn't have spoken to them, or taken the photo in the first place TBH.

The photo was taken ages a go with honest intentions, he wasn't trying to 'expose' him or anything. It was already common knowledge he was a gambler and the only 'quotes' Andy has provided are that the player was betting small amounts of money.

Cool. As I said, the media are most at fault. I'm just saying I personally wouldn't have taken it.

Guest bimpy474

The photo was taken ages a go with honest intentions

bothering a dude who's minding his own business?

Taking a picture of one of his favourite players i would think.

oh aye i know, i'm just being glib - personally said it would fuck me right off to have people snapping photos of me going about me business, like.

Fair point that, players are people who deserve their space as much as anyone else.

It's all so fucking stupid. He's a professional footballer. He knew going in that his shirt was going to have the name of a sponsor that he'd have no role in selecting in big bold letters right on the front. It's part of the gig. If he's unhappy and wants to move on he should man up and say so. If he's really having a moral/religious issue about this, then he's fucking stupid.

I'm going to just reiterate the "some of our fans are helmets" line. I haven't been in here for a few days and it's no surprise to see the same shit is being trotted out time and time and time again.

Andymc1 can do what the fuck he wants. Only in the eyes of some of the turbospastics that follow this club does him gambling bare any relation whatsoever to his stance on Wonga. It just fuels that fire.

I'm in agreement with you on this, and this is the most frustrating thing. I was hoping the gambling stuff had been quarantined to this place so I was gutted to see that pic in The Mirror today. I was sat with the idiots on my lunch break (one of whom is a Newcastle fan*) and had to sit through half an hour of their fury at his 'hypocrisy'. Soul-destroying.

*who's a ST-holder that gets all his 'news' from the tabloids, and has bets on us to get in the top 4 as well as a 5-0 win at Man City, so, yeah. One of them. :laugh:

With you 100%. Idiotic the whole thing. Exactly the kind of discussion the press are incapable of having.

Yep. I only scanned the article but it's an unfair trial. There's no chance that the back pages of the tabloids will entertain the idea of him having varying ideals - like every other human being on the planet. It won't be opened to discussion, they're just piling it into one bag labelled "Things That Muslims Find Immoral".

'Faces the wrath of the club', ffs.

Interesting report tonight on bbc newcastle at around 5.12pm. Cisse consulting lawyers and agent says he is happy here apparently. They also interviewed a muslim geordie who initially backed his stance on wonga if anyone wants to go back and listen to the report.

I still think there is far more to this than just the Wonga stuff. I think the fact neither side have said fuck all about it is what's fuelling people to get into long arguments about it.

Maybe the whole squad can refuse the wear the shirt, so we can get rid of fucking Puma.

Maybe we should just go out there and buy a quality striker who will wear the piece of shit Wonga badge?

At the moment it looks like

Bent: no thanks I fancy London

Gomis: no thanks I fancy Marseilles

Remy: no thanks I fancy forced sex and keeping the 80k/week wage packet

Guest bimpy474

Maybe the whole squad can refuse the wear the shirt, so we can get rid of fucking Puma.

Maybe we should just go out there and buy a quality striker who will wear the piece of shit Wonga badge?

Erm, I was just being flippant about the shit Puma like.

:thup:

:lol: at the bold bit.

It's all so fucking stupid. He's a professional footballer. He knew going in that his shirt was going to have the name of a sponsor that he'd have no role in selecting in big bold letters right on the front. It's part of the gig. If he's unhappy and wants to move on he should man up and say so. If he's really having a moral/religious issue about this, then he's fucking stupid.

So was Freddie Kanoute in that case. Difference there was that Sevilla's loyalty was to their star player, while we don't actually give the first fuck about being good at football so we're standing up for the loan sharks that we've jumped into bed with.

I wasn't having a go at you mate, just frustration at the whole business in general  :(

Guest bimpy474

So was Freddie Kanoute in that case. Difference there was that Sevilla's loyalty was to their star player, while we don't actually give the first fuck about being good at football so we're standing up for the loan sharks that we've jumped into bed with.

Why did Kanoute wear the shirt after a game or two, anybody know ?.

Guest bimpy474

I wasn't having a go at you mate, just frustration at the whole business in general  :(

Dont worry mate, i knew you weren't. And it is very frustrating all round.

In contrast to his previous employer, Sevilla at first permitted him to wear a shirt with no sponsor on it and then persuaded him that simply by wearing the logo it didn't imply that he was endorsing gambling. In addition he was excused personal appearances at events connected with the sponsor. A grown-up negotiation that treated the player as an adult and as a valued individual.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/apr/05/newsstory.sport

I still think there is far more to this than just the Wonga stuff. I think the fact neither side have said fuck all about it is what's fuelling people to get into long arguments about it.

I honestly don't see how a statement from the club could have made anything worse. It's just typical of the club's God-awful PR. Even if they peddled a load of bullshit (which they're great at), it might have halted any escalation in the press like this. Just a bit of a summary about what the fuck is actually going on with him, instead of saying absolutely nothing as usual, whilst allowing the tabloids to nose-dive on it like the shit-stirring vultures they are. So fucking naive, as usual.

They've nose-dived on the wrong party, too. Instead of chastising Cisse, they could have made the board members look like shit by referring to the Kanoute stuff - which I've only ever seen referred to as a previous occurrence of a similar problem (not a comparison of how we've dealt with the issue so badly, as usual).

Guest bimpy474

In contrast to his previous employer, Sevilla at first permitted him to wear a shirt with no sponsor on it and then persuaded him that simply by wearing the logo it didn't imply that he was endorsing gambling. In addition he was excused personal appearances at events connected with the sponsor. A grown-up negotiation that treated the player as an adult and as a valued individual.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/apr/05/newsstory.sport

Ah right, cheers B ;)

That's what makes me believe there is more to it because using the Kanoute example I can't see why he couldn't agree to wear it but be allowed to say publicly that he doesn't endorse Wonga.