Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I 100% believe the way to fix the issue of our front three is simple.. play Ba & Cisse  together as more of a front two and Benny Behind them in a free/central role.

----------------Benny

-------Cisse----------------Ba-------

As long as both fullbacks bomb forward then we would not be too narrow, to ensure this I  would be tempted to play Santon RB & Fergie LB.  Midfield three of Cabaye who will be the advanced get to the box midfielder with Tiote & Jonas playing the more defensive midfield holding role.

I remember someone mentioning Mirallas as an option in the summer. Should have gone for him then, 5m is within our range and he can easily play the problematic left wing along with other positions. Has started well in the Premier League. Our 'loss' is Everton's gain.

I 100% believe the way to fix the issue of our front three is simple.. play Ba & Cisse  together as more of a front two and Benny Behind them in a free/central role.

----------------Benny

-------Cisse----------------Ba-------

As long as both fullbacks bomb forward then we would not be too narrow, to ensure this I  would be tempted to play Santon RB & Fergie LB.  Midfield three of Cabaye who will be the advanced get to the box midfielder with Tiote & Jonas playing the more defensive midfield holding role.

this is definitely not the answer, not for Pardew thats for sure.  Pardew is all about shape, especially in the back four, and he would not even sleep at night having thoughts of both of his fullbacks with the license to roam forward leaving the chance of the flanks and centre of defense being exposed in any shape or form.

happy ba is scoring goals but cisse should play there or not be played at all. Cisse has to be on top alone....they are not good together on top. So annoyed with ba and his "me before the team". Ba is actually ok on the LW in a 4-3-3 like we saw last season, it was down to pure unluck that he didn´t score some goals from that positon.

I think our best line up and formation would be this. (See below) think this would make us more fluid, unpredictable and create more chances.

Tiote    Anita

Cabaye

Arfa                          Ba

Cisse

Think this is the way forward. Actually i hope we buy and proper LW and then swap between ba and cisse on top according to form and fitness. With european and domestic cup matches there are plenty of time for both.

It is but Ba will never play on the left again that much is obvious.

We really have two options....A. We get a Wide player with a goal threat and rotate Ba and Cisse for the central striking spot B. Sell one of them still get that wide player and a back up to who ever stays.

It's quite obvious Cisse out wide obviously doesn't work and it's also quite obvious Cisse and Ba as a front 2 doesn't work the only formula that has proven to work is Ba out wide and Cisse through the middle and it seems Ba doesn't want to do that role anymore so we find ourselves struggling with a working formula that fits the both of them and doesn't effect the rest of the team.

I vote for option A but Pardew will have to be exceedingly clever to pull that off the longer this goes on the phrase " This Town aint big enough for the both of us" comes to mind hopefully we can find a happy medium which suits Ba, Cisse and the team because at the moment it isn't working.

agree. Option A i like. We still have players like sammy, marveaux and ferguson and maybe more who could play LW. But think we need more quality there....more of a goal threat.

Ba can´t expect to play every minute in his favorite position anywhere (should it be here or elsewhere). If he cant share the position with cisse then we will have a problem. If he wants to go to a bigger club then competition for his favorite position will only get tougher imo.

Pardew needs to adress this.....maybe after ba signs a new contract :lol:

happy ba is scoring goals but cisse should play there or not be played at all. Cisse has to be on top alone....they are not good together on top. So annoyed with ba and his "me before the team". Ba is actually ok on the LW in a 4-3-3 like we saw last season, it was down to pure unluck that he didn´t score some goals from that positon.

I think our best line up and formation would be this. (See below) think this would make us more fluid, unpredictable and create more chances.

Tiote    Anita

Cabaye

Cisse

Think this is the way forward. Actually i hope we buy and proper LW and then swap between ba and cisse on top according to form and fitness. With european and domestic cup matches there are plenty of time for both.

We really have two options....A. We get a Wide player with a goal threat and rotate Ba and Cisse for the central striking spot B. Sell one of them still get that wide player and a back up to who ever stays.

It's quite obvious Cisse out wide obviously doesn't work and it's also quite obvious Cisse and Ba as a front 2 doesn't work the only formula that has proven to work is Ba out wide and Cisse through the middle and it seems Ba doesn't want to do that role anymore so we find ourselves struggling with a working formula that fits the both of them and doesn't effect the rest of the team.

I vote for option A but Pardew will have to be exceedingly clever to pull that off the longer this goes on the phrase " This Town aint big enough for the both of us" comes to mind hopefully we can find a happy medium which suits Ba, Cisse and the team because at the moment it isn't working.

agree. Option A i like. We still have players like sammy, marveaux and ferguson and maybe more who could play LW. But think we need more quality there....more of a goal threat.

Ba can´t expect to play every minute in his favorite position anywhere (should it be here or elsewhere). If he cant share the position with cisse then we will have a problem. If he wants to go to a bigger club then competition for his favorite position will only get tougher imo.

theres not a lot to address really,  simply bench Cisse, i dont know where in pardew's managerial notebook that says he has to play both Ba and Cisse.

Besides, Cisse been completely out of sorts recently, not only is his finishing a bit off, he looks lethargic,  benching him is not exactly undeserved.

The problem with benching Cisse atm is that as talented as the likes of Fergie, Sammy etc etc are they are not exactly goal threats or something defences are going genuinely scared about.

I agree that based on form then he probably should. ( even though we are not exactly playing in a way that suits him)

Problem is we don't have any wide players who are actually going to do what Pienaar and Mirallas do for Everton for example, this is the issue atm.

The problem with benching Cisse atm is that as talented as the likes of Fergie, Sammy etc etc are they are not exactly goal threats or something defences are going genuinely scared about.

I agree that based on form then he probably should. ( even though we are not exactly playing in a way that suits him)

Problem is we don't have any wide players who are actually going to do what Pienaar and Mirallas do for Everton for example, this is the issue atm.

it is an issue but the bigger issue is Pardew is not giving them enough chances, he's only willing to start Fergie and Sammi in the europa,  these type of players needs their chances in the prem and deserve it considering how they perform every time they come on.  It's unfair to say they cant create enough chances or they're not a threat to the oppositions when they haven't had the opportunity.

it is an issue but the bigger issue is Pardew is not giving them enough chances, he's only willing to start Fergie and Sammi in the europa,  these type of players needs their chances in the prem and deserve it considering how they perform every time they come on.  It's unfair to say they cant create enough chances when they haven't had the opportunity.

:thup:

Tiote    Anita

Cabaye

Cisse

theres not a lot to address really,  simply bench Cisse, i dont know where in pardew's managerial notebook that says he has to play both Ba and Cisse.

Besides, Cisse been completely out of sorts recently, not only is his finishing a bit off, he looks lethargic,  benching him is not exactly undeserved.

bench cisse is not constructive as i see it. scoring is what will get him back on track. And who will you play on the left? The formation and line up i suggested i think could be pur strongest at the moment. We do not create enough and therefore cisse is struggling is think + lack of form.

not a fan of ba on the LW, but fan enough to think it could improve us at the moment and in some matches.

it is an issue but the bigger issue is Pardew is not giving them enough chances, he's only willing to start Fergie and Sammi in the europa,  these type of players needs their chances in the prem and deserve it considering how they perform every time they come on.  It's unfair to say they cant create enough chances or they're not a threat to the oppositions when they haven't had the opportunity.

agree again. benching cisse wont solve our problems coz the quality we have for LW isn´t good enough yet.

it is an issue but the bigger issue is Pardew is not giving them enough chances, he's only willing to start Fergie and Sammi in the europa,  these type of players needs their chances in the prem and deserve it considering how they perform every time they come on.  It's unfair to say they cant create enough chances when they haven't had the opportunity.

:thup:

Should we go 4-3-3 and only play one of ba and cisse. Then i think sammy should be the one given a run on the LW. he is more of a goal threat than fergi. We need more goal scores. At least cabaye is starting to score for us :love:

Cisse is wasted out wide he needs to be in front of goal.

Ba plays better than Cisse does out wide but is not happy there & he is also our inform striker.

Benny is decent out wide BUT would be much better in a central role.

We can't play all three central, if we play a 4-4-2 we lose the midfield battle and again Benny is restricted being on the wing. We do not want any of the three benched but can't find a formation that will get the best out of all three.

Tiote    Anita

Cabaye

Cisse

bench cisse is not constructive as i see it. scoring is what will get him back on track. And who will you play on the left? The formation and line up i suggested i think could be pur strongest at the moment. We do not create enough and therefore cisse is struggling is think + lack of form.

not a fan of ba on the LW, but fan enough to think it could improve us at the moment and in some matches.

we have like over 30 whatever matches to run, we dont need to shoe-horn Cisse and Ba into the starting line-up, they will get enough games, there will be suspensions, injuries and dips in form.

Tiote    Anita

Cabaye

Cisse

we have like over 30 whatever matches to run, we dont need to shoe-horn Cisse and Ba into the starting line-up, they will get enough games, there will be suspensions, injuries and dips in form.

i agree. But playing ba on the LW and cisse on top in some home matches could be our best option (atm) and makes us more unpredictable and dangerous. i think we lack something on the left. I like sammy, fergi and all the others but i think we should have someone really good on LW, a pacey goal threat. Get and upgrade on LW, decide who should be sold/loaned out in that position, rotate cisse and ba on top.

a 3 man midfield of tiote, anita and cabaye should allow us to have attacking players. 

Pardew faces a decision here. If he wants to secure Ba long term and play with ONE central striker - Papiss isn't going to be content with sitting around.

I'm of course not saying I want us to sell him and just keep Ba, but I wonder if we have room for both of them the way things are turning out. It's getting increasingly unpleasant and I find myself thinking every weekend that in the long run we'll have to choose one of them.

Demba really has reacted fantastically to the way Papiss displaced him. I think he's earned that role for now.

Pardew faces a decision here. If he wants to secure Ba long term and play with ONE central striker - Papiss isn't going to be content with sitting around.

I'm of course not saying I want us to sell him and just keep Ba, but I wonder if we have room for both of them the way things are turning out. It's getting increasingly unpleasant and I find myself thinking every weekend that in the long run we'll have to choose one of them.

Demba really has reacted fantastically to the way Papiss displaced him. I think he's earned that role for now.

if we play with only one striker (ba and cisse) and go 4-3-3 with arfa and a new attacking (goal threating) LW then there is plenty of minutes to be played for both cisse and ba. Then we dont need to buy new strikers.

A rotation system between ba and cisse like mentioned above will still see them both getting more time on the pitch than at any other club "bigger" than ours.

that would be ideal imo. cant see them being other than happy about that!

Pardew is a 4-4-2 merchant, whether we like it or not. It's starting to look like Ba and Cisse aren't exactly complimentary as a front two though; they're both very good strikers individually, but especially Ba looks like he's better when paired with a stronger focal point in attack, and maybe the same goes for Cisse, who also looked very strong as a lone striker in a 4-3-3 last season. Most people on here were opposed to our move for Carroll, but right now I'd say he's the missing piece in our striker puzzle with Pardew's preferred style of play, as both Ba and Cisse could probably flourish with him holding it up and doing the physical battle with the defenders leaving space for them to exploit.

For what it's worth I would love us to go a more continental 4-3-3 style with slick passing football and early pressure all over the pitch, but I just don't think Pardew is the right man to implement it. Whilst it worked a treat last season for a while when we were on top form, the few times we've deployed it this season have demonstrated that it's isn't exactly a risk-free tactic. In fact, the games we've started 4-3-3 in the Premiership (mainly Everton away and yesterday v Liverpool) have seen us under the cosh from the starting whistle with players seemingly uncomfortable and conceeding the majority of possession as a result.

4-3-3 may well be the way forward, but it requires a lot of training to get it right, so in a way I understand why Pardew is being pragmatic with our busy schedule currently and going with what's a bit more familiar and stable. The quality of our attackers meaning they will normally take their chances more often than not is getting us by at the moment in terms of results. Long term though, you'd expect Pardew to be working towards a footballing philosophy rather than integrating whatever bargain Mike buys him regardless of the team's needs into a team designed to control rather than attack.

Eh? By asking to play in Cisse's position to the detriment of the team?

Wrong by being joint top scorer of the league as of last week. Given their current form and if we are to play 4-3-3, I'd much rather have Demba as the focal point and Cisse on the left and the opposite was true last season when Cisse was on fire. It's simple really, the on form striker gets to play in the middle, that way the team benefit from an inform striker, has higher chances of scoring and introduce some healthy competition between Ba and Cisse.

Well that logic is flawed, because by playing on the left Cissé will never hit any form

So then by your logic, we should play Cisse in the middle even though he is clearly off form and would most likely not be scoring the goals that Ba has been getting us? I don't mind Cisse starting in the center in some of the 'easier' European matches or a bit of rotation once in a while but there's no doubt that on current form, Ba should be playing through the middle. For whatever reason (I'm not just blaming him here), Cisse looked so off form that he can barely control a ball cleanly. He is closer to Ameobi than the Cisse of last season. Having him in the middle in the hope that he will regain his form and shifting Ba to the left (which he is unhappy with) is a recipe for disaster.

Well that logic is flawed, because by playing on the left Cissé will never hit any form

Tbh,  neither has Demba really. On the other hand we worked well as a team which of course should be the priority.

He was dropped at Everton, came on and hasn't really looked back. He's got back to scoring and producing some brilliant overall play despite the team not playing well. It think that's the way to react, getting your head down and get back to scoring. It's not Dembas fault the team isn't working as well as back in March/April.

I know we all like to root for our players and probably give them a lot more rope than sometimes they deserve, but there comes a time where you've just got to accept that player is playing pretty poorly and is out if form. That's Cisse right now; chuck any excuse his way you want but at the end of the day he's been as woeful this season as he was amazing last. There's really not much more to it.

Wrong by being joint top scorer of the league as of last week. Given their current form and if we are to play 4-3-3, I'd much rather have Demba as the focal point and Cisse on the left and the opposite was true last season when Cisse was on fire. It's simple really, the on form striker gets to play in the middle, that way the team benefit from an inform striker, has higher chances of scoring and introduce some healthy competition between Ba and Cisse.

my point is: cisse play central striker or he doesn´t play. Its the only position he can play imo. To put him on the left or right is a joke....might as well but willo there (that could actually be funny). We have better options than cisse on the flanks.

all im saying is ba can actually do a decent/good job on the LW and improve us atm where cisse can only play one position. Im only arguing this coz it would make us better in some matches to play both at the same time and not side by side on top (which isn´t the answer).

Guest hydeous

Cisse played as central striker for a couple of games, didn't he?

He's just out of form. You don't replace an in-form striker like Ba who's scoring for fun with an out of form striker, no matter where else the in-form striker can play.

I don't see why people say Ba is being greedy or not a team player by playing as central striker. He's playing there because he is getting us goals at the moment and Cisse isn't.