Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Swap Sissoko with Marv and have Marv as a Peter Beardsley type, who can put the ball through to Cisse and be the link man from midfield.

Thats what I would do, Marv has velvet feet and can drifft past players easily with the ball, have him busrting into the box and making runs, committing defenders.

I think that's a really good shout. We need a link-up man.

Thought he was rubbish, assist aside. One really bad miss, and another particularly appalling decision.

I'm a big fan, but this wasn't good enough.

He's woefully short of service though. Our attacking game plan seems to stop when we pass the half way line. It's s**** frankly. It really wouldn't matter who we had up front if we're leaving 30 yards between them and the nearest NUFC midfielder.

The service is pitiful on the whole, I agree. He still should have scored one and probably caused another today. Both times he lashed over greedily and wastefully.

Fair but a contributory factor in that has to be the fact he's only actually involved in the course of the game sporadically. He gets 'snap' opportunities on occasions in games but he's not actually involved in the play. I think there's an argument to say he does well given the quality and quantity of service he gets.

We play one up top and don't build our play around him at all. He's an after thought because he's outperformed imho.

Why doesn't he get involved in our general play well? He doesn't hold it up very well, not the best at linking with the midfield, is not a running outlet. It's not everyone else's fault all the time.

How do we build our play around him? His game is 90% goal scorer for me. Chances. But he doesn't really help the team create chances. That pass was exquisite so he has it in his locker somewhere. He saw the pass very early.

For me, I'm not sure about him and Siss up top in the long-term. Neither are particularly intelligent players. They have their styles and they do it to the max.

I don't think he's that type of player. He needs the attacking play to be built around him imho, including movement and team shape. He'll always score goals due to his instinct.

If you put him in a Man Utd side for example, he's get 30 goals every year with RVP next to him.

Swap Sissoko with Marv and have Marv as a Peter Beardsley type, who can put the ball through to Cisse and be the link man from midfield.

Thats what I would do, Marv has velvet feet and can drifft past players easily with the ball, have him busrting into the box and making runs, committing defenders.

I agree

Nearly down to the barebones again.

Vs Man City

Elliot

Simpson    Taylor  Mbiwa    Santon

Perch

Anita          Sissoko          Gouffran

Marveux

Cisse

I know Cab is out inured at the moment with a groin strain but when he is fit, have Cab in midfield and Marv as the second forward in the link play...Use sissoko as the midfielder bombing foward midfielder joing the attack from deep/late runs into the box.

I know Cab is out inured at the moment with a groin strain but when he is fit, have Cab in midfield and Marv as the second forward in the link play...Use sissoko as the midfielder bombing foward midfielder joing the attack from deep/late runs into the box.

Yeah - very much like the sound of that. Cabaye's deep seated position, often further back than Tiote, does not fit at all.

Thing is, with Hatem permanently knackered we don't have the personnel to isolate Cisse. Marveaux as a no.10 won't remedy that.

Any suggestions on how the team can be more creative in and around the box?

Debuchy  Taylor  Mb  Santon

Perch      Tiote

Cabye              Sissoko

Marv           

Cisse

Sticking Perch on as an extra holding midfielder would allow Cab more freedom to play...

Perch      Tiote

Marv           

Cisse

Sticking Perch on as an extra holding midfielder would allow Cab more freedom to play...

Hilarious.

Perch      Tiote

Marv           

Cisse

Hilarious.

Constructive.

Come on then Alf Ramsey, help us figure a way out then...How do you supply Cisse with what we have?

Perch      Tiote

Marv           

Cisse

Hilarious.

Constructive.

Come on then Alf Ramsey, help us figure a way out then...How do you supply Cisse with what we have?

It's all his fault remember?

Perch      Tiote

Marv           

Cisse

Hilarious.

Constructive.

It's all his fault remember?

Aye, Cisse is just lazy, i forgot about that.

Perch      Tiote

Marv           

Cisse

Hilarious.

Constructive.

Don't feed the troll.

That certainly won't do it. We need wide players who can knock it past a man a put the odd ball in. Instead we spent £7m on a player we didn't need who'll never make it in this league.

I'd be relying on the full backs to supply width tbh, they would have to supply the crosses into the box...then Marv and Cab to pull the strings.

The way forward is getting better strength in depth and hope next season we won't get injuries seemingly every single f*cking week.

I know but we look lost in attack now, we still arent clear and we are wasting the talents on Cisse.

The way forward is getting better strength in depth and hope next season we won't get injuries seemingly every single f*cking week.

I know but we look lost in attack now, we still arent clear and we are wasting the talents on Cisse.

I agree but without Cabaye, Debuchy, Ben Arfa its hardly surprising.... Sissoko and Gouffran were poor and Marveaux was in and out.

There are lots of things to look at but we are missing huge amount of offensive ability at the moment and quite frankly we don't have the depth to cover it for the most part.

Thing is, with Hatem permanently knackered we don't have the personnel to isolate Cisse. Marveaux as a no.10 won't remedy that.

Any suggestions on how the team can be more creative in and around the box?

Elliot

Perch      Taylor    Mbiwa

Debuchy                              Santon

Cabaye  Sissoko

Marveux        Cisse        Gouffran

:dontknow:  Could work