Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I just don't think that it justifies the chances he's fucked up this season. The offsides have become a joke, sometimes it's just unfortunate but most of the time it's as though he genuinely doesn't know the rules. He's a £9m centre forward who has scored goals for years. No amount of helping out in stupid positions should force him to make wrong decision after wrong decision in front of goal.

I remember when Ba went, those who were in favour of getting him out were utterly convinced that Cisse would suddenly start banging them in again. His position was the only problem and as soon as he went back up front full time he'd be fine. Well I'm sorry but he didn't.

As I said, I'm not particularly worried about Cisse because he's got all the right qualities including a great attitude. I certainly wouldn't sell him. But absolving him for last season is totally wrong IMO, he had a shocker. Pardew (:anguish:) needs to get him going again.

I just don't think that it justifies the chances he's f***ed up this season. The offsides have become a joke, sometimes it's just unfortunate but most of the time it's as though he genuinely doesn't know the rules. He's a £9m centre forward who has scored goals for years. No amount of helping out in stupid positions should force him to make wrong decision after wrong decision in front of goal.

I remember when Ba went, those who were in favour of getting him out were utterly convinced that Cisse would suddenly start banging them in again. His position was the only problem and as soon as he went back up front full time he'd be fine. Well I'm sorry but he didn't.

As I said, I'm not particularly worried about Cisse because he's got all the right qualities including a great attitude. I certainly wouldn't sell him. But absolving him for last season is totally wrong IMO, he had a shocker. Pardew (:anguish:) needs to get him going again.

Absolutely, wasn't really justifying him missing loads of chances, what I'm saying is a lot of people are harsh on him as he is obviously better as a poacher in many ways but worked almost harder than any one else in the team this season even if the goals didn't come. He lacks some brain, and I do believe £20-25m would be an extremely good deal for him.

I'm still dying to know how much finishing and shooting practise we do, as well as coaching Cisse to try and stay onside. If we do any, I'd be extremely surprised.

think of that generally, how many cases can you name in the last 2 years where a player has a certain flaw and we've obviously improved it (or even a certain aspect of our play)?  e.g.:

problem - ba & cisse unable to form a partnership

problem - cisse can't stay onside

problem - williamson & simpson very poor on the ball and only able to hoof it out of defence a lot of the time

problem - tiote getting cards every match for reckless challenges

problem - tiote's passing and generally thinking he's eusebio

problem - cabaye playing too deep all the time

problem - chronic lack of movement within the side as a whole

there are countless more and we've improved none

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm still dying to know how much finishing and shooting practise we do, as well as coaching Cisse to try and stay onside. If we do any, I'd be extremely surprised.

It's as easy as that coaching football mate. Right lads kick towards the goal!

He's another one who i put in the category of players that have got worse because of Pardews tactics. Defenders look poor when a team is constantly under pressure.  Where as strikers look worse when they are getting little service.

When service is poor, forwards stop running because it affects their confidence and belief. To be fair to Cisse he always looks for a give and go but he's playing in a poor side. When he has had a chance,  hes often snatched at it but thats down to confidence IMO.

I just don't think that it justifies the chances he's fucked up this season. The offsides have become a joke, sometimes it's just unfortunate but most of the time it's as though he genuinely doesn't know the rules. He's a £9m centre forward who has scored goals for years. No amount of helping out in stupid positions should force him to make wrong decision after wrong decision in front of goal.

Exactly this.

I like the bloke a lot and don't want him to leave but some of the excuses he has been afforded this season :lol:

It doesn't help that I loved Ba so him getting the blame for Cisse's performances (the greedy bastard not only taking too many chances but the blame as well!) :D

Hopefully next season we have a team who creates more chances and supports him a hell of a lot more, he also needs to play his part as he has had a bit of a shocker at times.

Guest firetotheworks

How many goals did he score including the ones that were wrongly not given/disallowed? I can think of an extra 3.

He has undoubted quality; yet he has apparent limitations. It's the managements fault that the former can't emerge over the latter. Selling him would be folly right now without others coming in first.

how come, if he's a goal every other game striker and he starts missing relatively easy chances surely thats his fault. isn't the sign of a decent striker that if one decent chance comes their way per game they take it ?

Guest taps01

Im sure it's already been said but he isn't someone we should be selling.  He is the one natural goal scoring player we have and looking at how long it took to replace our last number nine selling him would be nothing short of a disaster!

Im sure it's already been said but he isn't someone we should be selling.  He is the one natural goal scoring player we have and looking at how long it took to replace our last number nine selling him would be nothing short of a disaster!

natural goalscoring ? aye but at present he's the one player we have who's natural inclination is to look to get on the end of something in the box, hence the attempts to buy de jong, remy, PEA.

Go through any strikers season and they'll miss good chances, if I looked through Van Persie's then I'm sure he'll have squandered 5 good ones at least. Cisse's service has been hugely erratic and it's hardly inconceivable to suggest that perhaps he was snatching at opportunities because he was spending sizeable periods of the season getting absolutely nothing. Our manager's management of him pre-Christmas must have done nothing for his confidence either.

I remember when Ba went, those who were in favour of getting him out were utterly convinced that Cisse would suddenly start banging them in again.

Weren't you one of them? I'm pretty sure you were confidently stating as soon as Ba left that Cisse would be fine and you had no worries whatsoever.

Guest taps01

natural goalscoring ? aye but at present he's the one player we have who's natural inclination is to look to get on the end of something in the box, hence the attempts to buy de jong, remy, PEA.

You know what I mean.  Personally I'd like to see us go back in for Remy.

He has undoubted quality; yet he has apparent limitations. It's the managements fault that the former can't emerge over the latter. Selling him would be folly right now without others coming in first.

how come, if he's a goal every other game striker and he starts missing relatively easy chances surely thats his fault. isn't the sign of a decent striker that if one decent chance comes their way per game they take it ?

Limitations covers that but played the right way in the right system and you maximise what he does have to offer. That was the top and bottom of what I was trying to say. He's not world class or anywhere near because of his limits but play him the right way with the right way and I've no doubt he'll get the return we've seen him display before. Everyone of our team is inhibited in some way by the way we play and he is, to the most stark of contrasts, no exception. That doesn't mean they are exempt from blame but I don't think they are helped by the influences of those responsible for the entirety of the team. He has to stay imo anyway.

Go through any strikers season and they'll miss good chances, if I looked through Van Persie's then I'm sure he'll have squandered 5 good ones at least. Cisse's service has been hugely erratic and it's hardly inconceivable to suggest that perhaps he was snatching at opportunities because he was spending sizeable periods of the season getting absolutely nothing. Our manager's management of him pre-Christmas must have done nothing for his confidence either.

I remember when Ba went, those who were in favour of getting him out were utterly convinced that Cisse would suddenly start banging them in again.

Weren't you one of them? I'm pretty sure you were confidently stating as soon as Ba left that Cisse would be fine and you had no worries whatsoever.

Complete opposite, I didn't want Ba to be sold at all and that was why.

I think I assumed our style of generating chances might adapt to no longer having a striker who could score from balls over the top

how wrong I was  :lol:

Imagine Pardew at Barcalona, HOOF THE BALL TO MESSI

Not worried about Cisse at all. He'll score plenty of goals in this side.

Fair enough, you didn't want Ba sold but you can't criticise anyone else for being confident that Cisse would start scoring again.

Guest firetotheworks
http://pbr11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/schwartzo/blakckid.gif?t=1241865776

Fair enough, you didn't want Ba sold but you can't criticise anyone else for being confident that Cisse would start scoring again.

I'm not criticising anyone but the player. I said I had faith in him scoring plenty and I was wrong, because he didn't. I still have faith in him, but it doesn't change the fact he had a poor season.

I'm not criticising anyone but the player. I said I had faith in him scoring plenty and I was wrong, because he didn't. I still have faith in him, but it doesn't change the fact he had a poor season.

Fair enough. You're certainly right that he's had a poor season, I can't disagree with that. Some of it's down to Cisse and some of it's down to other factors.

He's had a poor season, yes. But it would be totally madness to sell him.

I'd only sell him if the other option was going bankrupt - which it is not.

In an ideal world, selling a member of the first team squad would involve an immediate replacement (and hopefully an improvement). However, everybody knows Ashley and co, they still haven't replaced Best and Lovenkrands, nevermind Demba Ba.

You can say what you want.... but it is hurting to see Demba Ba not being used as a first team player at Chelsea, when you know how much he meant to Newcastle.

Guest Phil K

He's had a poor season, yes. But it would be totally madness to sell him.

I'd only sell him if the other option was going bankrupt - which it is not.

In an ideal world, selling a member of the first team squad would involve an immediate replacement (and hopefully an improvement). However, everybody knows Ashley and co, they still haven't replaced Best and Lovenkrands, nevermind Demba Ba.

You can say what you want.... but it is hurting to see Demba Ba not being used as a first team player at Chelsea, when you know how much he meant to Newcastle.

It's like reading what Ive been thinking for weeks.

Nicely put, and well said

Remy in the Best role in a 4-4-2 would work imo. Get a left-winger and I think it'd work. If Pardew is going to be here, stick with what he knows best, in a system he got us results with, and a significant upgrade in personnel (Ba apart). Swap R.Taylor, Simpson, Tiote, Jonas, Obertan, Best & Ba from that half season with Santon, Debuchy, Sissoko, new winger, Ben Arfa, Remy/Carroll/etc and Cisse. Could work and still play good football imo.