Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

On the subject of strikers, I had forgotten about Norwich signing Van Wolfswinkel. I don't suppose we can compete with them either.

Just watch Remy and Bony sign for someone else and wait for the complete forum melt down.

Unbelievable is actually making decent points about him recently, TCD still seems to be comparing him to world class strikers and completely negating the other parts of his game to nothing in the process.

Unbelievable's been making excellent points and its pretty much the stuff i've been saying for months.

You've been saying stuff like "Darren Bent MKII" which is complete and utter s****.

I said the same thing, and I stand by it.. :lol:

Could you link me to all of Darren Bent's spectacular goals please, cheers.

Seriously, if we buy nobody of similar or better quality in attack by the start of the season then look back at players like Wolfswinkel.  But as of now he's hardly someone we absolutely had to be in for.

On the subject of strikers, I had forgotten about Norwich signing Van Wolfswinkel. I don't suppose we can compete with them either.

We've signed three strikers with more pedigree than him in the last two seasons, though.

I count two. Ones of which was barely even ours.

Seriously, if we buy nobody of similar or better quality in attack by the start of the season then look back at players like Wolfswinkel.  But as of now he's hardly someone we absolutely had to be in for.

I'm with you on this one, we've got loads of time yet to bring players in, just like we did at this time last year and we weren't left dissapointed, were we?

He's shown that he's a good striker to lead the line for a team that plays positive and creative football with some tempo, his ability to finish from a variety of positions, movement and one-touch play are good foil for it. Make him the creative focal point or the lead striker in a team that play physical football at slow speed and he'll struggle. Fitting in to a more progressive football style isn't a criticism either, there are many strikers out there who can't as they just don't have the mentality or instinct for it.

Also, he doesn't need brilliant service handed on a plate to him, just look over the goals he's scored here and in Germany. Give him something that complements his movement and he'll score plenty. For example, see his goal vs. Norwich when he first came.

We do need another striker to come in over the Summer, one that can provide something different but it shouldn't be to displace Cisse, it should be a plan B or partner.

I'm with you on this one, we've got loads of time yet to bring players in, just like we did at this time last year and we weren't left dissapointed, were we?

Well you've certainly changed my mind.  I definitely agree we should assume that because we didn't sign a striker last summer we won't sign one this time.  After all history has taught us that in Football what happens in the previous season will always be repeated.  Let's all enjoy being as depressing as fuck from here on out :thup:

Really enjoying playing sarcastaball with you by the way :lol:

Well you've certainly changed my mind.  I definitely agree we should assume that because we didn't sign a striker last summer we won't sign one this time.  After all history has taught us that in Football what happens in the previous season will always be repeated.  Let's all enjoy being as depressing as f*** from here on out :thup:

Really enjoying playing sarcastaball with you by the way :lol:

:lol:

Unbelievable is actually making decent points about him recently, TCD still seems to be comparing him to world class strikers and completely negating the other parts of his game to nothing in the process.

Unbelievable's been making excellent points and its pretty much the stuff i've been saying for months.

You've been saying stuff like "Darren Bent MKII" which is complete and utter s****.

You get more points for spectacular goals do you? Bent has scored 179 career goals at the age of 29. Hardly an insult to compare Cisse to him, seeing as they are quite similar players (poacher types who are best as a lone forward, and don't contribute much to general play).

You get more points for spectacular goals do you? Bent has scored 179 career goals at the age of 29. Hardly an insult to compare Cisse to him, seeing as they are quite similar players (poacher types who are best as a lone forward, and don't contribute much to general play).

Yep. And Lambert has made the right call. Pardew hasn't. Yet.

I'd take a big man with a bit of pace. Doesn't have to be particularly prolific. I wouldn't like us returning to 4-4-2 though.

Wouldn't we then end up with a not so prolific striker playing up front on his own? Where would the goals come from?

The idea is that the whole team moves up the pitch and has a greater chance of scoring.

Eh?  You're claiming Bent and Cisse are basically the same player (as in Bent Mark II).  I'm making the point that Bent doesn't score goals from nothing like Cisse and so has less to his game (he's purely a poacher).  What on earth do points have to do with anything? ???

Eh?  You're claiming they're almost the same player, I'm making the point that Bent doesn't score goals from nothing like Cisse, what the f*** do points have to do with anything? ???

I don't see the relevance of Cisse's penchant for the spectacular as a reason to dismiss him being comparable to Bent. I haven't said they're the same player, I've argued they are similar, even though there are differences, for example Cisse scoring more spectacular goals from outside of the box, and Bent being more physical in taking on defenders. Doesn't change the fact they are essentially both poachers who are most suited to playing as a lone forward, spearheading the attack and not very good at bringing others into play.

Eh?  You're claiming they're almost the same player, I'm making the point that Bent doesn't score goals from nothing like Cisse, what the f*** do points have to do with anything? ???

I don't see the relevance of Cisse's penchant for the spectacular as a reason to dismiss him being comparable to Bent. I haven't said they're the same player, I've argued they are similar, even though there are differences, for example Cisse scoring more spectacular goals from outside of the box, and Bent being more physical in taking on defenders. Doesn't change the fact they are essentially both poachers who are most suited to playing as a lone forward, spearheading the attack and not very good at bringing others into play.

It's unbelievable that you have to explain this.

Well obviously we see the term MKII differently, I certainly didn't take that to mean only comparable to, I took it to mean the new Darren Bent.  They have similarities yes, but being a pure poacher and being a poacher who can also score goals from anywhere on the pitch out of nothing are two different prospects overall.

It could be avoided if people actually described what they mean to begin with, like saying "has similarities to Bent" instead of saying stuff like "Bent MKII"..

It could be avoided if people actually described what they mean to begin with, like saying "has similarities to Bent" instead of saying stuff like "Bent MKII"..

Bent MkII weren't my words, they were Hans' generalisation of an earlier discussion we had on the exact same topic.

By the same token, due to having more pace and strength it's far easier to create chances for Bent. He can turn hopeful balls over the top to goal scoring opportunities.

He's similar to Bent man and there's no shame in that. If he's so much better he would get 20-25 year-in year-out.

By the same token, due to having more pace and strength it's far easier to create chances for Bent. He can turn hopeful balls over the top to goal scoring opportunities.

He's similar to Bent man and there's no shame in that. If he's so much better he would get 20-25 year-in year-out.

Sounds like you think Bent has more attributes than Cisse.

Do you think we could afford Bent? Would it be worth keeping Cisse as his understudy (in your opinion)?

Sounds like you think Bent has more attributes than Cisse.

Do you think we could afford Bent? Would it be worth keeping Cisse as his understudy (in your opinion)?

Why would I want Bent if we have Cisse? I've just said they're similar.

I want someone with a different style to Cisse. Build-up play is key. Ideally a Berbatov type or Benteke