Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

We should definitely have gone for Long when he went to HBA, we needed him even then. For some reason it's one of the transfers I'm most gutted about.

We where in for him right? I hadn't seen him before hand but he's a very useful player. Reminds me of Bellamy in some ways.

I don't know if we were, I just thought we should have been. I lived in Reading and used to watch them a fair bit. Also noticed that he runs like a robot.

I think HBA and Gouf either side of Cisse with Anita/Cabaye/Sissoko behind is so obviously our best bet. The look to get an alternative to Gouf and competition for Cisse.

I do think we lack size and strength tbh. A Pardew side certainly needs it.

Possibly yeah, I would just be worried about adding it up front at the expense of the rest of the team. Not that the rest of the team could get much worse at the moment, I'm just hoping that next season will be better.

I'd take a big man with a bit of pace. Doesn't have to be particularly prolific. I wouldn't like us returning to 4-4-2 though.

Wouldn't we then end up with a not so prolific striker playing up front on his own? Where would the goals come from?

For reference, if his chance conversion rate had been the same as last season, based on number of shots taken, he would have scored 26 in the Premiership alone.

Edit: probably more as this doesn't include shots taken in the last 4 games of the season.

If his minutes per goal ratio from last season had continued through this season he'd have scored 40 goals in the Premier League alone.  But then nobody on planet earth could have ever kept up the form Cisse had in his first half season here.

I don't disagree that he's under performed this season (partly down to the team/pardew and partly down to himself), but I don't think its worth making comparisons with his first half season, because its totally unrealistic.

I think HBA and Gouf either side of Cisse with Anita/Cabaye/Sissoko behind is so obviously our best bet. The look to get an alternative to Gouf and competition for Cisse.

with current personnel yes. i was still disappointed with gouffran not getting in the box when playing wide of cisse and why I still think we'll get a remy/aubameyang type to play around cisse and with ben arfa. pre season I had hoped both ben arfa and marveaux would show more for getting in the box when off the ball but am now convinced neither has it in their natural game.

i'm not at all sure how cisse would link up with a carroll type if we play carroll like rodgers did as he was quite mobile when here and had a fantastic cross on him from the left.

For reference, if his chance conversion rate had been the same as last season, based on number of shots taken, he would have scored 26 in the Premiership alone.

Edit: probably more as this doesn't include shots taken in the last 4 games of the season.

If his minutes per goal ratio from last season had continued through this season he'd have scored 40 goals in the Premier League alone.  But then nobody on planet earth could have ever kept up the form Cisse had in his first half season here.

I don't disagree that he's under performed this season (partly down to the team/pardew and partly down to himself), but lets not make too many comparisons with his first half season, because its totally unrealistic.

That was in response to somebody claiming his chance conversion rate had 't significantly dropped.

I don't disagree that he's under performed this season (partly down to the team/pardew and partly down to himself), but lets not make too many comparisons with his first half season, because its totally unrealistic.

That was in response to somebody claiming his chance conversion rate had 't significantly dropped.

how is the chance conversion thing done, does it take into account the difficuilty of the chance (and it must be said cisse has missed a fair few you'd expect lesser strikers to score over the last season) or is it just a goals to shots ratio ?

how is the chance conversion thing done, does it take into account the difficuilty of the chance (and it must be said cisse has missed a fair few you'd expect lesser strikers to score over the last season) or is it just a goals to shots ratio ?

Both, see previous page

i see, while agreeing with it and saying as much myself i'd still like to know which the what is classed as a clear cut chance, wonder if they have a list there.

on second thoughts i don't think i want to be reminded.

I think we have two very good strikers in Cisse and Gouffran, however at the moment Gouf is our best option down the left.

Get a quality wide player this summer and we will automatically have another option through the centre.

Unbelievable is actually making decent points about him recently, TCD still seems to be comparing him to world class strikers and completely negating the other parts of his game to nothing in the process.

Unbelievable's been making excellent points and its pretty much the stuff i've been saying for months.

You've been saying stuff like "Darren Bent MKII" which is complete and utter shite.

Unbelievable is actually making decent points about him recently, TCD still seems to be comparing him to world class strikers and completely negating the other parts of his game to nothing in the process.

Unbelievable's been making excellent points and its pretty much the stuff i've been saying for months.

You've been saying stuff like "Darren Bent MKII" which is complete and utter s****.

I said the same thing, and I stand by it.. :lol:

People seem to be writing him off as a striker good enough for us even if his goals return, if he scores like he did after he joined for a season he'll be brilliant and we'd be very lucky to find an improvement. He was great and I want to give him another chance in front of a midfield that will give him the opportunities

People seem to be writing him off as a striker good enough for us even if his goals return, if he scores like he did after he joined for a season he'll be brilliant and we'd be very lucky to find an improvement. He was great and I want to give him another chance in front of a midfield that will give him the opportunities

What? :lol:

I'm not sure anybody is writing him off like, more saying a big improvement is needed and if somebody is wiling to bid a stupid amount for him it wouldn't be the end of the world to sell him providing we get a replacement in first.

I'm not sure anybody is writing him off like, more saying a big improvement is needed and if somebody is wiling to bid a stupid amount for him it wouldn't be the end of the world to sell him providing we get a replacement in first.

This is exactly why it would be the end of the world to sell him. We're still waiting to see if this regime will bother to really replace Ba with like for like quality yet.

This is exactly why it would be the end of the world to sell him. We're still waiting to see if this regime will bother to really replace Ba with like for like quality yet.

You need to look up the meaning of the word 'providing'.

You need to look up 'reality'.

Oh, I live in reality all right thanks very much. In my dreams Cisse would score 21-25 Premiership goals this season past, as the poll at the top constantly reminds me whenever I venture in this thread. In reality he scored 8, and was nowhere near as good as the vast majority on here thought he could be. I don't want to see him leave except under the conditions I mentioned in that post. The conditions may be unrealistic themselves, but that doesn't make my statement any less valid.

Oh, I live in reality all right thanks very much. In my dreams Cisse would score 21-25 Premiership goals this season past, as the poll at the top constantly reminds me whenever I venture in this thread. In reality he scored 8, and was nowhere near as good as the vast majority on here thought he could be. I don't want to see him leave except under the conditions I mentioned in that post. The conditions may be unrealistic themselves, but that doesn't make my statement any less valid.

You said 'It wouldn't be the end of the world' if he was sold and replaced. We already need to replace Best, Lovenkrands (not the greatest players but played important squad roles) and Ba. Pardew has made noises that Shola might be off too. We don't really need to add to the situation by having to replace Cisse as well. It's like playing with fire as far as I'm concerned. Whilst I take your points on board it should be completely out of the question this summer IMO. At least until next summer after he's been sold in January ;).

Fair enough, I fully expect and want him to be here next season. He's a much better player than we have seen this season. I also want us to expand our forward options significantly.

I do think Gouffran is the Best replacement by the way. We really need only one first team striker (the Ba replacement) and a winger as far as I am concerned, especially if we want to give Adam Campbell some playing time next season.